NativeCAM is Features renamed

More
10 Jul 2017 19:57 - 10 Jul 2017 20:00 #95620 by eFalegname
Yes, my toolchange is in the first line of each included Gcode.
Ex:
Project-

File Attachment:

File Name: Arrays.xml
File Size:24 KB

First included Gcode-

File Attachment:

File Name: ARRAYPROVE.ngc
File Size:0 KB

Second included Gcode-

File Attachment:

File Name: ARRAYPROVE2.ngc
File Size:0 KB
Attachments:
Last edit: 10 Jul 2017 20:00 by eFalegname.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jul 2017 03:34 - 11 Jul 2017 03:39 #95637 by FernV
Replied by FernV on topic NativeCAM is Features renamed
Hi Floris,

Though 't3 m6' is called on each loop (3 times on each Array) I do not think this is the problem.
Maybe it is the fact that you end ARRAYPROVE.ngc with 'g0 z2' but I was unable to clearly identify it.
So I created a project that does the same and I would like you to try it.

A few screenshots (many parameters have been hidden for clarity) and explanation how I did it.
I inserted a 'Tool Change' and select tool number

There is no change with the 'Rectangular Array' but I added a 'Polyline' instead of inserting a file since we only want to cut a simple line. I setted the starting point / Origin and the Milling options are up to you.

I added a 'Line To' and setted the end Coords

I duplicated the 'Tool Change' and moved down the last place. Tool number should be 31.
However even if you have a special macro to change the tool, 'Tool Change' should work fine since it calls 'T#param_dnum M6' if and only if mounted tool is not #param_dnum

I duplicated the 'Rectangular Array' and moved to last position and changed the X Coord of the 'Line To' to 50
Note the 'Polylines' are not closed.

Please tell me if it still cause the same situation so I can have a better understanding of the problem.
I will continue trying to find if the 'g0 z2' is the culprit or not

File Attachment:

File Name: Arrays.xml
File Size:66 KB

Fern

P.S. If your pre-amble has G54, you do not have to insert it with 'GCode', it is automatically inserted.
Attachments:
Last edit: 11 Jul 2017 03:39 by FernV.

More
11 Jul 2017 19:50 - 11 Jul 2017 19:54 #95691 by eFalegname
Hi Fern,
I'm sorry to be unable to test your file at this time I'm very busy with some backlogs, as soon as I'll run the file you sent me I'll post the results here, however I think the problem only appears on the last "included gcode" file of the array with the tool change on its first lines.
Thank you!
Floris
Last edit: 11 Jul 2017 19:54 by eFalegname.

More
11 Jul 2017 20:10 #95695 by FernV

...I think the problem only appears on the last "included gcode" file of the array with the tool change on its first lines.

Floris,

To make sure that 'm6' is executed only once, modify the first line of your included files like this
o100 if [#5400 NE 3]
t3 m6
o100 endif

and
o100 if [#5400 NE 31]
t31 m6
o100 endif

Fern

More
12 Jul 2017 12:01 - 12 Jul 2017 12:23 #95719 by FernV

...I think the problem only appears on the last "included gcode" file of the array with the tool change on its first lines.

Hi Floris,

I spent much time testing and I really think tool changes should NOT be in arrays (they are in included files which are in Rectangular Arrays which make repetitive mounting and resetting tool length each time).

This way should not cause issues and tool length compensation will be applied to G54.

Fern
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 Jul 2017 12:23 by FernV.
The following user(s) said Thank You: eFalegname

More
12 Jul 2017 12:36 - 12 Jul 2017 12:42 #95724 by eFalegname
Hi Fern, the arrays work this way...

Floris,

To make sure that 'm6' is executed only once, modify the first line of your included files like this

o100 if [#5400 NE 3]
t3 m6
o100 endif

and
o100 if [#5400 NE 31]
t31 m6
o100 endif

Fern

Later I'll try the second solution.
Thank you so much!
Floris
Last edit: 12 Jul 2017 12:42 by eFalegname.

More
13 Jul 2017 02:13 #95745 by FernV

Hi Fern, the arrays work this way...

Floris,

o100 if [#5400 NE 3]
t3 m6
o100 endif

and
o100 if [#5400 NE 31]
t31 m6
o100 endif

Fern

Hi Floris

For very short custom gcode, I updated 'Custom GCode' and you can add any number of lines in it. Just hold Ctrl or Shift while pressing Enter to add a new line.

Fern
Attachments:

More
13 Jul 2017 08:32 - 13 Jul 2017 08:33 #95752 by eFalegname
Great job Fern!, Thank you very much! I was wondering how to introduce a starting and exit points for certain milling jobs (keyway and slot end mill), I think it would be a valid option. I would also like to impose a starting point or home position for the whole file, a place where the spindle is turned on, I do not like the spindle running over the entire work area of my cnc router before starting to mill or successive to the tool change. What do you think of my suggestion? Is it feasible?
Floris
Last edit: 13 Jul 2017 08:33 by eFalegname.

More
13 Jul 2017 12:56 #95753 by FernV

... I was wondering how to introduce a starting and exit points for certain milling jobs (keyway and slot end mill)

Slots are in fact rectangles with rounded corners. Because of the corner options and limited time, I choose to have the starting point in the middle of an edge. I will review *-create.ngc to make it start in a corner. To start on a different edge, rotate and change the length and width as needed.

... I would also like to impose a starting point or home position for the whole file

Do you mean that changing the order of the shapes to cut is not enough ?

... a place where the spindle is turned on, I do not like the spindle running over the entire work area of my cnc router before starting to mill or successive to the tool change

Adding an option in 'Tool Change' to start just before lead-in entry and stop after cut is easy. Would that be OK?

Fern

More
21 Jul 2017 00:46 #96202 by rene-dev
Hi,
I got it to work, but a few issues:
after a few operations I always get this error: unable to open file <>
but the file is there. I can only recover by restarting linuxcnc.
also, in the lathe tool options, there is no option for spindle direction.
I need that, as I have some tools upside down, and nees the spindle to turn in the other direction.

Rene

Time to create page: 0.230 seconds