NativeCAM is Features renamed

More
11 Sep 2017 19:17 #98850 by eFalegname

Video not working, private??

Hi tecno, video is working now.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Sep 2017 20:16 #98851 by FernV
Replied by FernV on topic NativeCAM is Features renamed

..I want to face the part along the x and then along the y axis in both cases bidirectional, but right now that's not possible.

What if you Duplicate 'Facing' subroutine and set params for the second axis and depth of cut ?

Setting Z to 0 is not usefull if the probe is mounted in a drill chuck
I think that it would be useful to put a field for the Z axis value overwritting (maybe an offset).

Ok

it will probe the Z position first then X and Y and finally move above the place you selected to end and set X and Y to 0
I thought about this too, however a macro only for autozero Z would be really useful.

Ok

...remember please that the block skip safety feature "/" doesn't work as expected.

Please post ncam.ngc so I can try and are you using axis or gmoccapy ?

Regards
Fern

More
11 Sep 2017 21:47 #98854 by eFalegname

What if you Duplicate 'Facing' subroutine and set params for the second axis and depth of cut ?

I tried this way too in the posted video (AXIS GUI) and it's not possible to make work another "bidirectional" facing operation along the second axis.
Regards
Floris

More
11 Sep 2017 22:08 #98855 by FernV

...it's not possible to make work another "bidirectional" facing operation along the second axis.

I will try to correct this tonight

Fern

More
12 Sep 2017 19:47 #98896 by proess
Nativecam newbie question
I installed Nativecam 2.8 mill-mm with linuxcnc 2.7.11.
Simulation mode works very fine. Nativecam is a great piece of software!
I 've a little stepper driven milling machine and I tried to config a custom hal (parport address, pin numbers for step and dir, pin numbers for limit switches ...) with stepconfig wizard as I 've done for the earlier linuxcnc version without nativecam. But this failed. Transferring the old custom hal file to a newer one is not easy for a newbie as the file structures have slightly changed.
Is there a possibility to use stepconfig wizard for Nativecam 2.8 mill-mm with linuxcnc 2.7.11 ?
Peter

More
12 Sep 2017 20:41 #98897 by chrisfairbrother
Hi, I am sure Nick had a tapered hole feature in his features. There is a config file in the NativeCAM/cfg/mill called taper-hole.cfg. Has this not been implemented into the main menu yet? Using NativeCAM 0.1.7

More
13 Sep 2017 00:29 #98904 by FernV

Hi, I am sure Nick had a tapered hole feature in his features. There is a config file in the NativeCAM/cfg/mill called taper-hole.cfg. Has this not been implemented into the main menu yet?

taper.ngc has not been updated for a year and will not work with other sub-routines at this time. Though I used it myself months ago, I had to select sub-routines I thought more usefull when working to make it deb based.
It is on my todo list for later.

Regards
Fern

More
13 Sep 2017 00:38 #98905 by FernV

...Is there a possibility to use stepconfig wizard for Nativecam 2.8 mill-mm with linuxcnc 2.7.11 ?

Hi Peter,

I am sorry I can not help you with stepconfig wizard.
Work on your setup and make sure everything is OK without NativeCAM. It is easy to add after.

Regards
Fern

More
13 Sep 2017 09:05 #98916 by proess
Hi all
thanks for the quick reply. I will do as suggested.
Peter

More
14 Sep 2017 18:46 #98961 by ericson
hi Fern, will nativecam work with gscreen in the future?

Time to create page: 0.193 seconds