NativeCAM is Features renamed

More
04 Nov 2017 16:16 #101310 by vmihalca
Hi Fern,

I have managed to display the spindle direction field. Thanks for your help! :)
In the image above, at Tool number, in the picture there is 0 - None. In the dropdown I see also tool 1 and tool 2.
From where does the native cam loads these tools? It doesn't seem to be from the linuxcnc's tool table. There I have three tools, here I can see only two, and the offsets of those tools are ignored.
I'm I missing something?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Nov 2017 21:52 #101336 by FernV
Replied by FernV on topic NativeCAM is Features renamed

From where does the native cam loads these tools?

Hi,

NativeCAM loads the tool table specified if your ini file i.e : [EMCIO] TOOL_TABLE = *.tbl

Fern

More
06 Nov 2017 19:32 - 06 Nov 2017 19:34 #101456 by vmihalca

File Attachment:

File Name: ncam_2017-11-06-2.ngc
File Size:3 KB
Hi Fern,
I have managed to load the native cam in a tab, now I have more space. Thanks! :)
I have noticed a few issues that you may want to correct.
1. If I make visible the hidden fields as you suggested, they don't remain visible at the next relaunch even if I click "Save values as defaults". Also the values I'm saving are not kept on the next relaunch.
2. Under the tool change tab, I can't change the cut depth, the minimum value it takes is 2.54. If I enter, anything smaller than 2.54 it converts it to 2.54. In my lathe units, 2.54mm its a DOC that cannot be used for most materials.
3. Even if the tool table is set correct and the the tool 1 moves at the correct position if I issue an G0 Z0 X0, when I start the program the tool 30-40mm behind the actual part.
I will post the generated code below for a simple facing operation, perhaps it helps you debugging the cause.
Attachments:
Last edit: 06 Nov 2017 19:34 by vmihalca.

More
07 Nov 2017 03:59 #101481 by FernV

File Attachment:

File Name: ncam_2017-11-06-2.ngc
File Size:3 KB
Hi Fern,
I have managed to load the native cam in a tab, now I have more space. Thanks! :)
I have noticed a few issues that you may want to correct.
1. If I make visible the hidden fields as you suggested, they don't remain visible at the next relaunch even if I click "Save values as defaults". Also the values I'm saving are not kept on the next relaunch.
2. Under the tool change tab, I can't change the cut depth, the minimum value it takes is 2.54. If I enter, anything smaller than 2.54 it converts it to 2.54. In my lathe units, 2.54mm its a DOC that cannot be used for most materials.
3. Even if the tool table is set correct and the the tool 1 moves at the correct position if I issue an G0 Z0 X0, when I start the program the tool 30-40mm behind the actual part.
I will post the generated code below for a simple facing operation, perhaps it helps you debugging the cause.

Please be patient

Those problems have been solved with many others...

Fern

More
13 Nov 2017 15:55 #101729 by vmihalca
Hi Fern,

I saw that you committed some new files in gitgub and there's a 0.1.11 tag.
I have not managed to get to the shop yet..have you published the update so that its avaibalble in Synaptics Package Manager ?
Does this include the fixes to the issues I've mentioned above?

More
13 Nov 2017 16:25 #101730 by FernV

I saw that you committed some new files in gitgub and there's a 0.1.11 tag.

Unless you want to do translation or add/edit icons, you should not clone or download files from github

...have you published the update so that its avaibalble in Synaptics Package Manager ?

Yes

Does this include the fixes to the issues I've mentioned above?

Lot more

Fern

More
13 Nov 2017 17:43 - 13 Nov 2017 18:03 #101733 by vmihalca
Hi Fern,

I've just updated, and although in the about dialog it says 0.1.11, I see the old buttons, where a thread represents each operation.
While I had previous version, I tried to change some routines so that I can fix some bugs, so in the ncam/catalogs/lathe I have created a menu-custom.xml. Right now it seems is taking the values from this one.
Now if I delete that file, it's being recreated with the previous values each time I start linuxcnc.
I've ended up copying the values inside menu.xml into custom-menu.xml and now I can see your updates in the UI.
Any idea how can I get rid of that custom-menu.xml? :)
Last edit: 13 Nov 2017 18:03 by vmihalca.

More
13 Nov 2017 18:07 #101734 by FernV

... although in the about dialog it says 0.1.11, I see the old buttons, where a thread represents each operation. Do I have to uninstall/cleanup something?

Are you using a menu-custom.xml ? If so delete it to use the standard menu.

For testing, I recommend you use the lcnc wizard and make a new copy of the files like 2.7.axis-1
This way you will be able to use the new default_template and the new tool table. Loading lcnc with the wizard and axis had some issues on my pc, I recommend you load in a terminal like $ linuxcnc lathe-mm.ini
gmoccapy did not have this problem nor gscreen

Fern

More
13 Nov 2017 18:11 #101735 by FernV

...Any idea how can I get rid of that custom-menu.xml?

Is your my-stuff sub-directory empty ?

Fern

More
13 Nov 2017 18:39 #101736 by vmihalca
I have only a readme file

Time to create page: 0.155 seconds