NativeCAM is Features renamed

More
13 Nov 2017 18:49 - 13 Nov 2017 18:51 #101738 by FernV
Replied by FernV on topic NativeCAM is Features renamed
Erase ncam sub-directory completely, copy lathe.tbl from package (or github) in you ini directory and restart lcnc

Fern
Last edit: 13 Nov 2017 18:51 by FernV.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Nov 2017 19:08 #101741 by vmihalca
Hi Fern,

I have noticed that the nativecam outputs G40 and G49. Due to this, even if I do correctly my tool touch off, when the program starts, it does not account for tool length. How can I remove these lines other than saving to a file then editing that file?

More
13 Nov 2017 19:11 #101742 by FernV

I have noticed that the nativecam outputs G40 and G49. Due to this, even if I do correctly my tool touch off, when the program starts, it does not account for tool length. How can I remove these lines other than saving to a file then editing that file?

Edit Utilities/Preferences

Fern

More
13 Nov 2017 19:23 #101743 by vmihalca
Oh boy, stupid me! :) Thanks!
I also noticed that T1 M6 is missing the G43 command...is there a setting for this too?
In the tool change I've selected Show All Fields for tool change, but I can't see anything that might output that g43

Thanks for your quick responses! :)

More
13 Nov 2017 20:22 #101745 by FernV

I also noticed that T1 M6 is missing the G43 command...is there a setting for this too?

Sorry, I had no idea if it was usefull or not with lathe and I removed it some weeks ago. Save this modified file in my-stuff sub-dir then load from file or edit your menu and save it under menu-custom.xml

This is a quick fix until I update

Fern

File Attachment:

File Name: tool-change.zip
File Size:2 KB
Attachments:

More
14 Nov 2017 15:03 #101785 by FernV
I just update with 0.1.12 with correction to tool-change

Also this version has versionning of cfg files with auto update of your projects

Fern
The following user(s) said Thank You: vmihalca

More
14 Nov 2017 23:19 #101807 by vmihalca
Hi Fern,
Thanks for the update! I had a look today over it and the tool compensation appears now.
I have a question related to the following images.
What is the x rapid and z rapid supposed to do? I think there’s a naming mistake..at least for X, it seems that when an operation is done, that’s the distance on which the tool wil retract.
If I increase that value from 20 to 30, in the preview screen I will see 3 squares and not two. A square represents 10mm.
The value I set for Z doesn’t seem to have any effect.
Attachments:

More
15 Nov 2017 15:57 #101847 by FernV

...What is the x rapid and z rapid supposed to do? I think there’s a naming mistake..at least for X, it seems that when an operation is done, that’s the distance on which the tool wil retract.
If I increase that value from 20 to 30, in the preview screen I will see 3 squares and not two. A square represents 10mm.
The value I set for Z doesn’t seem to have any effect.

Sorry, I failed on this. Since I set the same values to both, I did not notice the error.

I think 'X rapid' should be the distance it retracts to right to move safely along X axis and 'Z rapid' from diameter/radius of part to be safe along Z axis. Do you have a different point of view on this before I correct this ?

Meanwhile, I think you can invert both values until I publish an update.

Thanks for mentionning it and other issues you notice. And please, ask for any improvements you think would be usefull.

Fern

More
15 Nov 2017 16:18 #101849 by vmihalca
Hi Fern,
I'm a learner too, but I think a suggestive naming would be something like in Fusion 360
Retract distance X/Z
Safe distance X/Z
I'm doing manual tool change and using these I would like to define the safe position on X/Z where I can do the tool change.
Regarding useful features, an useful feature for me was the threading routine where the depth of cut was calculated automatically as the height of the equilateral triangle (for metric). There was a routine I used a while ago, where I just had to specify the starting position on X and then the DOC would be calculated according to that formula based on thread pitch. I think it was called advanced-threading.cfg
Another useful feature for me would be multiple start threading.

My goal would be to not depend on Fusion360 for the usual tasks.
Using nativecam seems much faster. :)

Thanks for your effort and all the great support!

More
15 Nov 2017 16:50 #101851 by FernV

Retract distance X/Z and Safe distance X/Z

Is retract the distance when doing multipass and safe when completed ?

I'm doing manual tool change and using these I would like to define the safe position on X/Z where I can do the tool change.

Usually tool change position is defined in the ini file

Regarding useful features, an useful feature for me was the threading routine where the depth of cut was calculated automatically as the height of the equilateral triangle (for metric).

This is something I am considering, you can see some kind of preview when toggling 'skip block' command. I think 'Small diameter' could give the option to define automatically or the user defines it himself

I am also trying to find some charts to make a list of standard threads where you would select a size and thread pitch, either metric or SAE.

Another useful feature for me would be multiple start threading.

Can you explain a little more ?

Fern

Time to create page: 0.276 seconds