NativeCAM is Features renamed

More
14 Oct 2016 06:56 #81635 by vmihalca
I think I have good news for lathe users! :)
I've cloned the repository a few days ago and so far I've managed to bring in some of the features that were implemented by Nick in his youtube demo. So far I have Facing, OD, ID, Taper, External Thread, Inner Thread..
There are still some features to import then I will make a pull request so that Fern can review and possibly integrate! :)
Thanks to Fern & Nick for the way NativeCam is written; its very customizable and quite easy to add new routines.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nkp, RichardN, Big_Mas74

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Oct 2016 10:16 #81639 by eFalegname

I think I have good news for lathe users! :)
I've cloned the repository a few days ago and so far I've managed to bring in some of the features that were implemented by Nick in his youtube demo. So far I have Facing, OD, ID, Taper, External Thread, Inner Thread..
There are still some features to import then I will make a pull request so that Fern can review and possibly integrate! :)
Thanks to Fern & Nick for the way NativeCam is written; its very customizable and quite easy to add new routines.

Hi vmihalca,
Wow :ohmy: I would like to see a video -please- on how to add (import) subroutines, thank you!

More
17 Oct 2016 04:19 - 17 Oct 2016 04:22 #81710 by FernV
Replied by FernV on topic NativeCAM is Features renamed
Please ALWAYS post your questions, requests or other here for anyone to read it and benefit from it and NEVER erase it

To Mike Hamilton

It seems like it is a distro issue, please reply here and include full error message and distro version
In the meantime you can review message 81401
Last edit: 17 Oct 2016 04:22 by FernV.

More
17 Oct 2016 18:45 #81740 by SvenH
Replied by SvenH on topic NativeCAM is Features renamed
I was able to do some testing/work with it this weekend and today.

The main question that came up is how to make a circular pocket.
We wanted to remove all the material and ended up making several circles.
It seems that native cam as a system generates the spiral milling path for each circle on some parameters but we could not find how to set those. The inner circle made more passes than the bigger ones.

It worked fine in the end but we'd like to be able to (if possible):
- Just use one command to generate a circular pocket where all material is removed
- Easily set the amount of passes that are made

But it has to be said, we were very please with how the results cam out and how easy native cam is to use, well done!

More
17 Oct 2016 22:01 #81744 by vmihalca
I am trying to test the lathe routines for OD turning and I get the error that can be seen in the attachment.
Where do I need to add that global_surface?
I've tried to add a cutting params before the OD turning and this seems to fix the global_surface error but next I get the second error, something about flood. You can see it in the second error message.
Not sure how to fix this so if anyone can give any suggestions, it would be welcomed. Once I figure this issues out, I will add a pull request with the lathe related changes.
I've also attached the ncam.ngc file so that you can have a look over it if needed.
Attachments:

More
18 Oct 2016 19:13 #81804 by FernV

The main question that came up is how to make a circular pocket.
We wanted to remove all the material and ended up making several circles.
It seems that native cam as a system generates the spiral milling path for each circle on some parameters but we could not find how to set those. The inner circle made more passes than the bigger ones.

It worked fine in the end but we'd like to be able to (if possible):
- Just use one command to generate a circular pocket where all material is removed
- Easily set the amount of passes that are made

True spiral mode is not supported yet but on it's way. It has to support all options in the 5 basic shapes. Loop back does and minimize tool chafing too.
In circle.ngc you will find your answers that it starts with a rate of 85% then calc the number of passes by dividing the rest of diameter to not exceed maximim tool engagement you set in Change end mill. You will see tool engagement in terminal window.

Best regards
Fern

More
18 Oct 2016 19:32 #81805 by FernV

I am trying to test the lathe routines for OD turning and I get the error that can be seen in the attachment.
Where do I need to add that global_surface?
I've tried to add a cutting params before the OD turning and this seems to fix the global_surface error

You always have to set parameters first

but next I get the second error, something about flood. You can see it in the second error message.
Not sure how to fix this so if anyone can give any suggestions, it would be welcomed. Once I figure this issues out, I will add a pull request with the lathe related changes.
I've also attached the ncam.ngc file so that you can have a look over it if needed.

There is a call to a subroutine named <flood> but it does not exist in the file. If not founded, simply comment the line and continue your tests without flood

Fern

More
18 Oct 2016 21:46 #81809 by grijalvap
hi
First of all thanks for the great work, the next question is do you have plan to create a plasma version of NativeCAM
there is anything we can help
thanks..

More
19 Oct 2016 03:50 #81820 by FernV

hi
First of all thanks for the great work, the next question is do you have plan to create a plasma version of NativeCAM
thanks..

I think it should be easy to make a plasma version by the end of next month
I am sure you do not use drills but do you use different tools from your tools table? Any tool width compensation sometimes?
I need to learn how it starts cutting, what is different from milling.
Other than that not many changes are needed, hiding options and setting different default values. ...

Fern

More
19 Oct 2016 04:08 #81821 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic NativeCAM is Features renamed

hi
thanks..

I think it should be easy to make a plasma version by the end of next month
Fern

Looking forward to this one.

BigJohnT is the expert on how to start a plasma cut. Some people will have pneumatic engravers, webcams or laser pointers that would need XY tool offsets but rarely a Z axis offset. (but now somebody will prove me wrong on that!) I have seen commercial plasma's with a drilling head and a tool changer that picks tools lined up along the gantry.

Generally for straight plasma, the tool sets amperage, pierce height, pierce delay and cutting speed based on the material type and thickness thereof. (eg the tool might be 6mm mild steel.

Time to create page: 0.132 seconds