NativeCAM is Features renamed

More
19 Oct 2016 11:30 #81833 by tommylight
Rod that is the material you are reffering to, not the tool.
Plasma has 1 tool with different nozzle sizes for different cutting current and material thickness, and the width of the "kerf" is also dependable on the speed of cuting.
There are ways to handle this, but there is no recepie for that.
The best way to have that automated in Features would be to use the Hypertherm documents for reference as they are most accurate .
Or just set the tool compensation to 1mm and set speeds and feeds while designing the part.
As for the other things related to plasma cutting, there is only lead in and lead out to be added at the start and end of each cut with the corresponding M3 and M5, and must be selectable for the inside or outside.
All in all, it can be used comfortably as is, the only change to the existing features ( well nativecam ) is to have an M3 and M5 to every cut.
All plasma users already have a method of finding the material and going to pierce height, wait for arc OK, move down to cutting height, some with sub's, some (me included) have that automated in hal with every M3. Some have manual height control.
Well this was long as I am writing this on a mobile, so to recap:
The only thing to be added is adding M3/M5 to every cut and removing M3 from the header of gcode.
Other settings can be added gradually .
Thank you for your time and effort in improving Linuxcnc.
The following user(s) said Thank You: FernV

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Oct 2016 12:42 #81841 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic NativeCAM is Features renamed

Rod that is the material you are reffering to, not the tool.
/quote]

My bad, sorry. Thanks for the explanation.

More
19 Oct 2016 13:32 #81843 by tommylight
It's all good, you are welcomed, always.

More
19 Oct 2016 16:27 #81854 by FernV
Replied by FernV on topic NativeCAM is Features renamed
Thanks tommylight
Once I have a better understanding of what you explained it should be easy to adapt

Best regards
Fern

More
19 Oct 2016 22:02 #81872 by vmihalca
Regarding the lathe support I'm trying to help with, I've noticed that I have an error in lathe-multipass.cfg (previously it was .ini)
I have installed kate + the plugins suggested by FernV, I can see there's an error at a specific line but I can't figure it out what the error actually is. I am attaching two screenshots containing the code highlited in kate.
If someone can help me with some clues/code I would be grateful! :)
Attachments:

More
20 Oct 2016 03:15 #81881 by FernV
Replied by FernV on topic NativeCAM is Features renamed
That way to name subroutines was not supported when I wrote this highlighter, I will update it when back from the jungle.
It does not mean it is wrong in this case. The #1 is the first parameter passed to "multipass " subroutine.
I see there is a call to "flood" subroutine here too. Comment the line and try again.
The most difficult part in debugging gcode is there is no debugger. You have to write print statement to know where it stops and print values. Read ngc files in utilities directory

Fern

More
23 Oct 2016 06:43 - 23 Oct 2016 07:01 #81948 by eFalegname
Fern, Good morning!,
I did the downgrade to Ubuntu 10.4 and now I can not install NativeCAM, I recorded a video to illustrate the problems I found when I'm trying to run it. Any idea on what I'm doing wrong?

this morning NativeCAM doesn't load at all, I added the log from the terminal below.

File Attachment:

File Name: NativeCAMlog.txt
File Size:1 KB
Attachments:
Last edit: 23 Oct 2016 07:01 by eFalegname.

More
23 Oct 2016 09:08 #81951 by vmihalca
I might be wrong, but from the log I see that python is not installed, I think you should run the command that installs python.

More
23 Oct 2016 09:27 #81952 by eFalegname

I might be wrong, but from the log I see that python is not installed, I think you should run the command that installs python.

Hi vmihalca, that's my python version:
ef@eF900:~$ python
Python 2.6.5 (r265:79063, Feb 27 2014, 19:44:14) 
[GCC 4.4.3] on linux2
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
>>>

More
23 Oct 2016 15:24 #81965 by newbynobi

OSError: [Errno 2] File o directory non esistente: '/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/gladevcp/catalogs'

IMHO that is the relevant error.
Please check if the file exist on that location.

Norbert

Time to create page: 0.458 seconds