Another plasma component...

More
15 Jun 2019 23:45 #137014 by tommylight
Rod, Phill,
That is very true that we need some general info on the plasma systems and power sources. Last time I did a search to confirm some of my info on this forum, I was gobsmacked at how much wrong info there is on the net about it, it is terrifying to find out that over 90% of the information about a 60 year old product are very incorrect. The internet has given the possibility to anyone to flap their mouths ( or words ) without any sort of reprecaution when wrong, and I also do blame the manufacturers for using new phrases for marketing that have nothing to do with the product or it's use, or making simple things very complicated by obfuscating the wording.
Ah, the era of the "keyboard warriors" ! :). Please do look up that expression in google, pictures.
Now, all of you pretend like I was not here ! Thank you......... Tommy light exiting stage right.........
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54, rodw, thefabricator03

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Jun 2019 00:14 #137015 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Another plasma component...

Rod, Phill,
That is very true that we need some general info on the plasma systems and power sources. Last time I did a search to confirm some of my info on this forum, I was gobsmacked at how much wrong info there is on the net about it, it is terrifying to find out that over 90% of the information about a 60 year old product are very incorrect. The internet has given the possibility to anyone to flap their mouths ( or words ) without any sort of reprecaution when wrong, and I also do blame the manufacturers for using new phrases for marketing that have nothing to do with the product or it's use, or making simple things very complicated by obfuscating the wording.
Ah, the era of the "keyboard warriors" ! :). Please do look up that expression in google, pictures.
Now, all of you pretend like I was not here ! Thank you......... Tommy light exiting stage right.........

Absolutely agree. There are those out there that treat plasma as a dark art that should be left to them who also obfuscate (technical term for baffle with bullshit dictionary definition: make obscure, unclear, or unintelligible.) so they can hold their knowledge secret for commercial purposes.

Tommy, I'd love to get your feedback too but I didn't have your email address. If you contact me here and let me know your email address I'll add you to the list. You will need a gmail account to access my Google Drive.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
16 Jun 2019 02:32 #137019 by phillc54
pl7192,
Yes, that is the intention. It just needs a bit of a tidy up and some better documentation before that happens.

Tom,
I agree 100%, for a newbie like myself it is difficult to know what something is when there are so many different terminologies for the same thing.

Cheers, Phill.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
16 Jun 2019 07:16 #137023 by pl7i92
Replied by pl7i92 on topic Another plasma component...
and don't forget Foreigners with no English or bad English will be overthrown on

"so many different terminologies for the same thing"

More
16 Jun 2019 09:18 #137033 by rodw

pl7192,
Yes, that is the intention. It just needs a bit of a tidy up and some better documentation before that happens.

Just to clarify, once tidied up, this will be part of the current master branch so it will be available from buildbot without needing to compile anything.

Phill, I updated my config today and the configurator was flawless. I just navigated to the configurator script, and it was perfect even when I had some custom code that needed hand edits in earlier versions. And I have red and green buttons again! Can't wait to play with the new gcode features.
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54

More
16 Jun 2019 22:08 #137065 by tommylight
I am not here, but anyway
Did a quick browse through the documentation and found this
M67 E3 P0 would set the velocity to 40% of requested speed
M67 E3 P40 would set the velocity to 40% of requested speed.
M67 E3 P60 would set the velocity to 60% of requested speed.
M67 E3 P100 would set the velocity to 40% of requested speed

Regards
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54

More
16 Jun 2019 22:53 - 16 Jun 2019 22:56 #137069 by Grotius
Replied by Grotius on topic Another plasma component...
I have a question about program flow :

M67 E3 Q0 sets the velocity to 100%
M67 E3 Q10 sets the velocity to 10%
M67 E3 Q50 sets the velocity to 50%
M67 E3 Q100 sets the velocity to 100%

Doc's info:
M67 - set an analog output synchronized with motion.
E- - output number ranging from 0 to 3.
Q- - is the value to set (set to 0 to turn off).

The number of I/O can be increased by using the num_dio or num_aio parameter when loading the motion controller. See the Motion Section for more information., oke this is nice to know.

Question :
Is this calculated back into the component? Or maybe i miss something here. Is there a short program flow available how i can understand the interpretation of the M67 codes. So far i think. The M67 values are predifined at program load, are they corrected and calculated real time during program execution?

My opinion :
When the I and J value's of small circles below 50mm (real time user input) are read into the component during cutting. The adaptive speed can do a 75% job (real time user input). Then you are independent of using M-codes, unless the M3 and M5.
Last edit: 16 Jun 2019 22:56 by Grotius.

More
16 Jun 2019 23:29 - 16 Jun 2019 23:31 #137073 by rodw

I have a question about program flow :

M67 E3 Q0 sets the velocity to 100%
M67 E3 Q10 sets the velocity to 10%
M67 E3 Q50 sets the velocity to 50%
M67 E3 Q100 sets the velocity to 100%

Doc's info:
M67 - set an analog output synchronized with motion.
E- - output number ranging from 0 to 3.
Q- - is the value to set (set to 0 to turn off).

The number of I/O can be increased by using the num_dio or num_aio parameter when loading the motion controller. See the Motion Section for more information., oke this is nice to know.

Question :
Is this calculated back into the component? Or maybe i miss something here. Is there a short program flow available how i can understand the interpretation of the M67 codes. So far i think. The M67 values are predifined at program load, are they corrected and calculated real time during program execution?

My opinion :
When the I and J value's of small circles below 50mm (real time user input) are read into the component during cutting. The adaptive speed can do a 75% job (real time user input). Then you are independent of using M-codes, unless the M3 and M5.

I have not had time to implement this yet as I only updated Plasmac yesterday but motion.analog-out-03 is connected to the motion.adaptive-feed pin. So if adaptive feed is enabled with M52, then
M67 E3 Q0.75
Will set the speed to 75% of the feedrate.

So from here, if you create a Sheetcam code snippet called "Slow 75% with that code and another one called "Slow Off"with
M67 E3 Q1.0

So then create similar "Slow 80%", "Slow 60%" etc snippets, you can create a Sheetcam Cutting rule that progressively applies this to different hole sizes as per an earlier example screen dump I posted on this thread. I think the problem may arise how to turn off the reduced speed as the Sheetcam cutting rule can't turn this off as there is no "After Arc" rule. It might be possible to add a M67 E3 Q1.0 in the Sheetcam onMove() method to reset the speed to 100%. I'll go back to Les Newell at Sheetcam and see what he can come up with.
Last edit: 16 Jun 2019 23:31 by rodw.

More
16 Jun 2019 23:53 - 17 Jun 2019 00:10 #137074 by Grotius
Replied by Grotius on topic Another plasma component...
@Rod,

Thanks for your explanation !

To make a linux code snipped, instead of a Sheetcam code snipped, it's maybe easy to read in g-code lines into the component as a character.

Then the component fragment's out some I and J value's trough the c coded string manipulation.

And it has real time behaviour at once, just what we expect it is supposed to do !

If there is interest i can write some code coming time for this.

This message contains confidential information
Last edit: 17 Jun 2019 00:10 by Grotius.

More
17 Jun 2019 00:06 #137075 by rodw
Poor old Phill will never get to build his machine.. He is already parsing the gcode looking for invalid toolsets so now he needs to look for arcs as well!

Actually, Sheetcam has an onArc() method which by default calculates the radius, so it could be done without the code snippets very easilly.. I still have an idea to try to do it in real time via a component.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grotius

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.285 seconds