Another plasma component...

More
09 Jun 2019 15:55 #136385 by bevins
Replied by bevins on topic Another plasma component...

Still no go. Glade installed and I can start it fine.

Oh, sorry. Disregard my previous reply. I thought you were replying to yesterday's issue. For some reason when I was looking at your post on mobile it didn't show your code block.

[edit]
It looks like it's complaining that the gtk.glade module for python is missing.

Maybe try
sudo apt-get install python-gtk2 python-glade2
to install it ?

Already installed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Jun 2019 23:30 #136421 by phillc54
Sorry but I'm not sure what is missing, you may be better off starting a thread for that here

Cheers, Phill,

More
10 Jun 2019 17:30 #136498 by JTknives
Is there a way for me to add or inlarge the THC Enable disable/button. I find i'm controlling the thc manually for small holes and with the touch screen it would be nice to have a large ON/OFF button. Maybe even right under the Torch on/Torch off button.

More
10 Jun 2019 17:36 #136500 by bevins
Replied by bevins on topic Another plasma component...

Sorry but I'm not sure what is missing, you may be better off starting a thread for that here

Cheers, Phill,

Sorry, I loaded debian 9 and was missing some python gtk stuff. IT loads now.

Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54

More
10 Jun 2019 23:27 #136517 by phillc54

Is there a way for me to add or inlarge the THC Enable disable/button. I find i'm controlling the thc manually for small holes and with the touch screen it would be nice to have a large ON/OFF button. Maybe even right under the Torch on/Torch off button.

It would be possible but a fair bit of work.
The automatic way to do it would be to have two materials defined, one with thc enabled and one with it disabled then change between materials in your gcode.

Cheers, Phill.

More
10 Jun 2019 23:31 #136518 by islander261
Guys

That is how I do it and it works very reliably.

John

More
11 Jun 2019 08:37 #136571 by Franklin
Hi Guys, sorry for my english. I have been following the development of Plasmac since the beginning.
And now I decided to try it on my machine with a parallel port and with PromaTHC.
I set up the configuration pretty quickly, and started testing
and found a few errors:
the first is when the program is stoped and Z axis is trying to go up I get error "joint2 following error", I decided to increase MIN_FERROR to 1 and it helped.

The second error is that the float switch catches interference from HF ignition and the program pauses.
I decided increase debounce.0.delay to 100, I don't know if this is right, but it helped.
I really like the work of this component, and I want to say thank you for your work.
I will continue to test plasmac.

The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54, chimeno

More
11 Jun 2019 09:24 #136575 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Another plasma component...
Franklin, great to see another convert and its exciting to see someone using plasmac with a Proma. Tommy will be happy!
Here is an idea for you. In my earlier config, I had problems with the probe triggering while cutting. So what I did is use a M64 P1 before probing and a M65 P1 after probing. Then I and2'ed the motion.digital-output.01 with the float switch input and connected the and2 output to the probe input. That way, the float switch was disabled while cutting and never faulted again.

In fact, Phill may have an idea on how to use the plasmac ohmic enable output to achieve the same thing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
11 Jun 2019 10:01 #136579 by Franklin
I was thinking about and2 or some of this.
But while debounce with the parameter 100 copes with it.
Before, I used the Toma config and there was no interference problems.
In the future I want to try THCAD with my plasma
Thanks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54, tommylight

More
12 Jun 2019 02:39 #136686 by islander261
Phill

Sorry I am getting mixed up with all the talk of features in PP threads.

I think what the guys are asking for is a THC hold pin that when true has the same effect as the corner hold or kerf crossing. I hope others will chime in on this because my crystal ball is a bit cloudy right now. I know setting the feed rate to 99.5% will cause a corner hold with little or no change in cut quality.

We already know how to do an actual THC enable from Gcode which is for the whole cut. A hold pin will allow end of cut holds, even though I think with short enough lead outs you should already be in a corner hold state by the time you cross the kerf.

The adaptive feed for holes etc. is easy enough with some postgui.hal magic plus code insertion from the CAM. SheetCam guys can use a code snippet and everyone else will need a custom PP function. I don't know what the effect of the adaptive feed is on the corner hold function. I am assuming that the Gcode feed rate stays the same but the motion.current_vel follows the adapted feed rate.

Thanks for the millionth time for all your hard work.

John
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds