Another plasma component...

More
03 Jun 2019 20:19 #135791 by islander261
AgentWD40

You should only need to calibrate your arc voltage electronics/display once. Of course if you change any of your components you will need to do it again. So don't leave your extension leads connected, you don't need to.

What you will need to do is a simple line test every time you use a new material or cutting conditions to figure out the correct arc voltage for your machine to use for the THC set point. I am still not sold on the auto volts method, it requires absolute confidence in your initial cut height.

John
The following user(s) said Thank You: AgentWD40

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Jun 2019 20:26 #135794 by islander261
Phill

This is really old news. You are already using a HAL_Button widget for the torch enable/disable button. I bet the reason someone came up with the HAL_LightButton widget is to get around all the problems with getting all the themes matched up in each window. I think this widget functions in some theme neutral fashion. I am only suggesting this because I have seen others use it for color changing buttons with success.

John
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54

More
03 Jun 2019 23:38 #135812 by phillc54

Is there a way to turn THC off in the gcode. I have tiny holes to cut 1/4" and cant seam to get corner locking to work. Its always on if I select it. I looked through the read me and did not see any gcode commands to turn thc on and off. Had corner locking problems with small triangles as well. Right at the tip when it reverses direction the torch dives and hits the sheet.

When you say it's always on do you mean that the LED is showing that it is locked.

Cheers, Phill.

More
04 Jun 2019 00:10 #135813 by JTknives
Yes if I select the check box then the light is on once I start cutting. And the Z does not adjust as it cuts. So if there is a bow to the sheet then it trips out as it triggers the float switch or stretches the arc and the cut is really bad. I have not updated since I got it working with the new install. Was kinda scared to mess with it and be down.

More
04 Jun 2019 00:12 #135814 by phillc54

Yes if I select the check box then the light is on once I start cutting. And the Z does not adjust as it cuts. So if there is a bow to the sheet then it trips out as it triggers the float switch or stretches the arc and the cut is really bad. I have not updated since I got it working with the new install. Was kinda scared to mess with it and be down.

Could you post your ini file and a gcode file that shows that behaviour.

Cheers, Phill.

More
04 Jun 2019 01:13 #135817 by JTknives
Yeah I will when I get home from work.

More
04 Jun 2019 05:49 #135818 by phillc54
I have pushed an update that merges the new 2.9 (master) branch.
It also has an updated configurator that creates links instead of copying files. So once you have run this to do a new config or upgrade an old config then you won't need to run it again to upgrade after you hav done a git pull.

Cheers, Phill.

More
04 Jun 2019 07:26 #135822 by thefabricator03
I want to say Thanks Phill for all of your hard work.

I did have a harrowing day trying to install Plasmac,

I first updated the package and could not find the Plamac Axis and Gmoccapy under sims.

I reinstalled the package about 3 times then gave up, It was by chance that I checked under by-machine and found it.

Now that I have set the basics up on my computer I will set up my machine and hopefully be cutting some steel!

More
04 Jun 2019 07:46 - 04 Jun 2019 07:54 #135823 by phillc54
If something doesn't look like it should then check out the first post on this thread, I update it every (almost) time that I change things.
I know it is a pain with so many changes but they should taper off as we get closer to the end.

Cheers, Phill.
Last edit: 04 Jun 2019 07:54 by phillc54.

More
04 Jun 2019 08:18 #135825 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Another plasma component...

I want to say Thanks Phill for all of your hard work.

I did have a harrowing day trying to install Plasmac,

Now that I have set the basics up on my computer I will set up my machine and hopefully be cutting some steel!

If it helps to spur you on, I cut a full sheet of parts today on my half sheet machine with plasmac. (I had to index the sheet twice) I am not running the latest version but the only issue I had was warpage exceeding the probe height on one pierce but I was able to recover by holding the sheet down until it finished probing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54, thefabricator03

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.173 seconds