Another plasma component...

More
04 Jun 2019 08:42 #135826 by thefabricator03

If something doesn't look like it should then check out the first post on this thread, I update it every (almost) time that I change things.
I know it is a pain with so many changes but they should taper off as we get closer to the end.

Cheers, Phill.

Thanks Phill,

Now you mention it I remember that you were updating the first post when I read through the thread a couple of months ago, The thread sure has grown since then.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Jun 2019 08:48 #135827 by thefabricator03

I want to say Thanks Phill for all of your hard work.

I did have a harrowing day trying to install Plasmac,

Now that I have set the basics up on my computer I will set up my machine and hopefully be cutting some steel!

If it helps to spur you on, I cut a full sheet of parts today on my half sheet machine with plasmac. (I had to index the sheet twice) I am not running the latest version but the only issue I had was warpage exceeding the probe height on one pierce but I was able to recover by holding the sheet down until it finished probing.

I just have some table wiring to finish up, removing the CandCNC proprietary cables and installing new ohmic and encoder cables, then I should be up and cutting.

More
05 Jun 2019 15:51 #135951 by islander261
Phill

I started and did a fresh clone and build of the plasmac branch because of the merging the new master. Started to test and get the following error:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./plasmac_monitor.py", line 32, in periodic
    hal.set_p('plasmac_monitor.thc-led','0')
RuntimeError: pin not found

I checked for the pin and sure enough it isn't there.

John

More
05 Jun 2019 17:05 - 05 Jun 2019 17:06 #135961 by Grotius
Replied by Grotius on topic Another plasma component...
@John,

For now you can outcomment with the # sign for python code if there is non related code to involved to this line.
Other option is to connect a fake pin with the net command in one of the hal files. "net fakepin plasmac_monitor.thd-led yourmesafakepin"
Last edit: 05 Jun 2019 17:06 by Grotius.

More
06 Jun 2019 00:03 #135989 by phillc54

I checked for the pin and sure enough it isn't there.

John,
Sorry about that. When I was trying to sort reverse-run I was doing plasmac stuff in a different directory and forgot to copy the new plasmac_monitor.glade...
I have just pushed the fix.
If you don't want to git pull then just change the name of the thc led to thc-led and the associated label to thc-label in the glade file.

Cheers, Phill.

More
06 Jun 2019 01:58 #135997 by islander261
Phill

Thanks! It's not a problem, I figured you would want to know about it ASAP. We had rain showers this afternoon so I pull a painting project into the shop. I will try and cut a few sheets tomorrow.

John

More
07 Jun 2019 04:01 #136165 by islander261
Phill

Cut two sheets today, 100% yield. Everything worked well. Like having the glaring torch enable button back. Tri color THC led gets the job done.

John

More
07 Jun 2019 04:18 #136166 by AgentWD40
Just pulled the latest and greatest and tried to build a new config. It takes a long time to load, and when it finally does it gives me this error and it loads the wrong gmoccapy then quits. This is just a bare bones config straight off the configurator.

zoom

More
07 Jun 2019 06:37 #136174 by phillc54
Do you have two Z axes?

First off try: (assuming this is the path to your git clone)
$ ~/linuxcnc-plasmac/configs/by_machine/plasmac/configurator.py
select upgrade then your ini file then upgrade and see if that changes things.

If that doesn't help can you post your ini and hal files

Cheers, Phill

More
07 Jun 2019 08:05 #136182 by phillc54
John,

Did that tip you gave me fix the Torch Enable button colors?

Cheers, Phill.

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.359 seconds