Downdraft design questions

More
27 Nov 2020 21:58 #190472 by thefabricator03
How will you seal the end of the duct tube to the fan? I like how you have mounted the duct tube to a PFC so you can side it out and clean it. For a table that size depending on how much work it does I would say will need cleaning fairly regularly.

Also with your pics, if you insert them into your post they are easier for people to see.

Should be a good table when finished.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Nov 2020 22:12 #190474 by txtrone
Replied by txtrone on topic Downdraft design questions
The duct tube slides into a 8" round duct fitting that is slightly tapered to create a snug fit. On the outside of the table we have 8" round duct to the blower. I will post some more pics and insert them properly as this project unfolds.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thefabricator03

More
28 Nov 2020 06:15 #190485 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Downdraft design questions
Great to see it coming together. We fixed the fan switch yesterday. I don't think you will have an issue with your project.. I put my hand down near the inlet and it nearly sucked my fingers inside to be chopped up by the fan blade! Scared the hell out of me!

Is that your Hilux? Also, I could not help but notice the blue stack/hang bins... we use those all over the shop. Greatest thing since canned beer. I even put some on the side of the new table to hold misc consumables and whatnot.

Yeh, we have an online store for 4WD parts and make a few things. I've taught our inventory system to order all our fasteners so the only one I run out of is the ones we don't use much! Off topic I know but there is a video of my HIlux we are going to use for some marketing...

The following user(s) said Thank You: txtrone

More
28 Nov 2020 16:37 #190525 by txtrone

I put my hand down near the inlet and it nearly sucked my fingers inside to be chopped up by the fan blade! Scared the hell out of me!

That would have been an awful way to start off this project!!

Yeh, we have an online store for 4WD parts and make a few things. I've taught our inventory system to order all our fasteners so the only one I run out of is the ones we don't use much! Off topic I know but there is a video of my HIlux we are going to use for some marketing...

We are jealous. The Hilux, as I am sure you are aware, is banned in the states.

I am starting to work with the Longs motor controllers... I need help. I will start a new post in the appropriate forum section.

More
28 Nov 2020 20:02 - 28 Nov 2020 20:04 #190544 by thefabricator03
Do you guys have a Hilux equivalent? Or is the closet thing the Toyota Tundra?

Lots of locals around here in Aus are getting into the Dodge Rams and Chevy Silverados. If I had a spare 100K laying around I would consider a Silverado.
Last edit: 28 Nov 2020 20:04 by thefabricator03.

More
28 Nov 2020 20:23 #190545 by txtrone

Do you guys have a Hilux equivalent? Or is the closet thing the Toyota Tundra?

I think the closest thing over here is the Toyota Tacoma... I could be wrong. There are no diesel Toyota model trucks over here either.

I bought a 2016 Ford F250 with the 6.7, the last year model before they went to the aluminum body. It's a stout truck, more than I need.

More
28 Nov 2020 20:29 - 28 Nov 2020 20:30 #190547 by thefabricator03
I have a duel cab Mitsubishi Triton 2.4 turbo diesel ute and after using a diesel I would not go back to a petrol. Plenty of power for its size.

Our smaller utes dont have much in the way of towing capacity but it will tow 3.5 ton which is still enough to tow smaller construction equipment and such.
Last edit: 28 Nov 2020 20:30 by thefabricator03.

More
28 Nov 2020 21:29 #190553 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Downdraft design questions
Yeh you guys get the Tacoma which is very similar to the Hilux but only with a Petrol motor. (Tacoma is bigger). The Tacoma has a C section Chassis and the HIlux is a full box section so we don't have to weld on fish plates to the chassis to strengthen it up!

More
28 Nov 2020 22:03 #190558 by tommylight
Hilux can not be killed on purpose! Top gear did try and fail.

More
28 Nov 2020 22:05 #190559 by txtrone
Is the .50cal machine gun turret an option?

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.404 seconds