GUI for PlasmaC - QtPlasmac

More
19 Nov 2020 12:26 #189774 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic GUI for PlasmaC - QtPlasmac
Now I know that this is nothing to do with me. But reading the last posts, I think if you had such a handy feature, you would not want to disable the feature. And if you had staff using the table, you would want to make it as hard as possible for him to stuff up so would want it locked on all the time.

Man, this feature adds close to AUD $1k to the cost of Hypertherm plasma cutter. There is no way if you've spent the money you would want to disable it surely? I'd be happy with an ini file variable so its not even in the GUI.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Nov 2020 22:13 #189825 by phillc54

Now I know that this is nothing to do with me. But reading the last posts, I think if you had such a handy feature, you would not want to disable the feature. And if you had staff using the table, you would want to make it as hard as possible for him to stuff up so would want it locked on all the time.

Man, this feature adds close to AUD $1k to the cost of Hypertherm plasma cutter. There is no way if you've spent the money you would want to disable it surely? I'd be happy with an ini file variable so its not even in the GUI.

Disabling it has always been an option and there have been no complaints yet about it.

More
08 Dec 2020 01:56 #191378 by phillc54
Master branch now has sim configs of QtPlasmac available in the by-machine section of the config picker. Conversational is not finished yet but most other things works ok. Documentation is lagging behind but the operation is mostly the same as existing. Please report any issues you find in this thread.

The intention is that when this GUI is complete which is a while away yet then I will not support the Axis or Gmoccapy configs in master branch from then on and they will be removed from the branch. If anyone using master branch wants to continue using Axis/Gmoccapy then they will need to switch to 2.8 as that will still be maintained on a bug fix basis only, there will be no new features added to 2.8 branch.
The following user(s) said Thank You: chimeno, tommylight, Clive S, rodw, grijalvap, Mud, snowgoer540, Himarc3D, pinder

More
08 Dec 2020 07:49 #191394 by tommylight
No Axis ???
:S

More
13 Dec 2020 01:11 #191801 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic GUI for PlasmaC - QtPlasmac
Just a question. If a new user was to convert from another controller to Plasmac right now, should he go with V 2.9?

That seems the best from a long term perspective, and qtPlasmac seems to be OK with the python situation.

Whats the recommendation?

More
19 Dec 2020 05:15 #192425 by robertspark
like those slick screensets

More
19 Dec 2020 15:59 #192461 by grijalvap
Is the PlasmaC GUI, ready to use in production machine?

More
19 Dec 2020 18:02 #192467 by tommylight
What should the title of this topic be ?
There are at least two right now.
If there is not response ( looking at you Phill :) ) i will set it to :
GUI for PlasmaC - QtPlasmaC
As this seems to have been the original, but not sure since it is changed on the original post.
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54

More
19 Dec 2020 22:08 #192482 by phillc54
Good idea Tom.

More
19 Dec 2020 22:10 - 19 Dec 2020 22:11 #192483 by phillc54

Is the PlasmaC GUI, ready to use in production machine?

Not for a production machine, it is still in the testing phase, it could be used on a machine but there is still quite a bit work to do.

Oops, I forgot to reset the title in this reply. :blush:
Last edit: 19 Dec 2020 22:11 by phillc54.

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds