GUI for PlasmaC - QtPlasmac

More
31 Oct 2020 09:09 - 31 Oct 2020 09:09 #187875 by pinder
Replied by pinder on topic GUI for PlasmaC - QtPlasmac

I will do all the work on this on Github from now so anyone can download it and have a look.

github.com/phillc54/qtplasmac

Thank for the credit Phill,
Hopefully we will see MonoKrom working in a week or two.
Last edit: 31 Oct 2020 09:09 by pinder.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Oct 2020 09:17 #187877 by phillc54

[Thank for the credit Phill

No worries.

Looking forward to it. I'm still stuck on page 1 with a few pages to go.
The following user(s) said Thank You: pinder

More
31 Oct 2020 12:03 - 31 Oct 2020 12:03 #187893 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic GUI for PlasmaC - QtPlasmac

I will do all the work on this on Github from now so anyone can download it and have a look.

github.com/phillc54/qtplasmac

Thank for the credit Phill,

Time for a MonoKrom update on GIT now too. Its not changed for months
Last edit: 31 Oct 2020 12:03 by rodw.

More
31 Oct 2020 12:47 #187897 by Grotius
Replied by Grotius on topic GUI for PlasmaC - QtPlasmac
@Tommy,

Thank you very much. This "no forced homing" i did not know. Perfect !

@Phil,

Very nice we can now sniff at your github source. I just give it a star.
Next week will install your work and have a look.
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54, tommylight

More
02 Nov 2020 01:32 #188082 by phillc54
I am thinking that in this new GUI we should get rid of the THC Auto/Off/On and the THC Enable in the material file.

The GUI could just have a THC Enable button plus a THC Enabled LED which would be lit when the THC Enable button is checked and it would extinguish if there was a THC Disable command active in the GCode.

What say you?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grotius, snowgoer540

More
02 Nov 2020 10:26 #188092 by snowgoer540

I am thinking that in this new GUI we should get rid of the THC Auto/Off/On and the THC Enable in the material file.

The GUI could just have a THC Enable button plus a THC Enabled LED which would be lit when the THC Enable button is checked and it would extinguish if there was a THC Disable command active in the GCode.

What say you?

Having read through most of the original PlasmaC thread, I can understand how it ended up in the GUI and material list in the first place. I think at the time it definitely had its place.

I think now with the advent of Mesh Mode, Ignore Arc OK, combined with the fact that they, as well as the THC can be disabled via G-Code, I think it sufficient to have a enable/disable button on the GUI, and eliminate the "auto" mode and Check box from the material list.

My logic for being able to remove it from the materials is that enabling or disabling the THC is generally deliberate. In my thinking, that should really be done via CAM, and not via a material setting. Further, short of mesh mode, and ignoring the arc, I cant think of a ton of reasons to disable the THC for a specific material.

That being said, my logic/use case for having a manual enable/disable button is for manual cuts. I usually disable the THC for manual cuts when I'm cutting up the scrap because the torch tends to dive when I run off of the material otherwise.
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54

More
02 Nov 2020 11:02 #188093 by rodw

That being said, my logic/use case for having a manual enable/disable button is for manual cuts. I usually disable the THC for manual cuts when I'm cutting up the scrap because the torch tends to dive when I run off of the material otherwise.

Have you tried the void crossing settings? That should disable that final dive. I'm sure a test pilot is required. :ohmy:

I have to agree that there is no place to disable the THC for a specific material. I certainly want it enabled for all cuts.
It would probably be useful to retain a GUI setting to disable it. I don't think I would ever disable it from gcode.
The following user(s) said Thank You: pinder

More
02 Nov 2020 19:47 #188144 by tommylight

Have you tried the void crossing settings? That should disable that final dive. I'm sure a test pilot is required. :ohmy:

I have to agree that there is no place to disable the THC for a specific material. I certainly want it enabled for all cuts.
It would probably be useful to retain a GUI setting to disable it. I don't think I would ever disable it from gcode.

It should be enabled by default ( and never touched again, but that's me) so i do agree with having a button and a LED, and please make that LED scream as hell while the THC is off, just in case ... :)
And thank you ROD, i do cut off's daily now so i can test the hell out of it. I did already test it once and got some mixed results but mostly it worked, it just kept the torch locked to long as far as i could tell.
BTW i never disable THC, not even for manual cuts but keep a fast trigger finger near the ESC button to prevent from blowing a hole in the water table ! :)

More
02 Nov 2020 19:53 #188148 by rodw

got some mixed results but mostly it worked, it just kept the torch locked to long as far as i could tell.

Hmm, we need to work on that. It needs to work all the time...

More
02 Nov 2020 20:14 #188149 by tommylight

got some mixed results but mostly it worked, it just kept the torch locked to long as far as i could tell.

Hmm, we need to work on that. It needs to work all the time...

If i do remember i might just steal an hour to test this and some other stuff that is bugging me, but will use the "some thoughts and stuff and stuff using PlasmaC" topic.

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds