GUI for PlasmaC - QtPlasmac

More
16 Mar 2020 10:27 #160406 by phillc54

So should I continue to tweak the concept I had been working on, or not? I dont want to step on any toes or anything/do unnecessary work.

Yeah I think so. I have made a bit of a start and may have a portion to post in a day or so.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Mar 2020 12:03 #160416 by snowgoer540

So should I continue to tweak the concept I had been working on, or not? I dont want to step on any toes or anything/do unnecessary work.

Yeah I think so. I have made a bit of a start and may have a portion to post in a day or so.

Sounds good, will do. Soon we can move on to the other tabs as well then it sounds like.

I think we are on the same page, that the Main tab should be limited to things necessary to successfully run the current program. A lot of the other stuff can be tucked away then. For example the button to change consumables, etc. Similar to the way an offsets tab would work on a Mill, the "change consumables" position button can be located on another tab and thus off the main screen. Only one example of many.

More
14 Apr 2020 20:30 - 14 Apr 2020 20:37 #163976 by snowgoer540

Just wanted to revive this, see how things were progressing. Fell off my radar for a bit there, do you need anything from me?
Last edit: 14 Apr 2020 20:37 by snowgoer540.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Clive S

More
15 Apr 2020 06:54 #164024 by phillc54
I got side tracked with several other things and haven't touched this for a while.

My other problem is that when I do any dev work on PlasmaC I use Axis and to me it is so much simpler and cleaner than other GUI's, so that always makes me stop and think as well.

More
15 Apr 2020 08:22 #164029 by cmorley
Replied by cmorley on topic GUI for PlasmaC - QtPlasmac
Well you could make a AXIS looking one in qtvcp, as qtvcp is easier for users to customize afterwards.
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54, tommylight

More
15 Apr 2020 08:29 #164031 by phillc54
I have started one with Qtaxis as the base.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, berntmartin

More
21 Apr 2020 10:27 #164938 by snowgoer540

I got side tracked with several other things and haven't touched this for a while.

My other problem is that when I do any dev work on PlasmaC I use Axis and to me it is so much simpler and cleaner than other GUI's, so that always makes me stop and think as well.

I definitely understand getting side tracked.

I do think it's a worthwhile investment of time though. It'd be nice to tidy some things up a bit and what not. Just wanted to make sure you werent waiting on any more concepts form me :laugh:...

Anyways, happy to help however I can should you decide to go for it.

More
22 Apr 2020 04:44 #165041 by grijalvap
Hi, I think this effort is great and really required, i think it is awesome to have it, I just like to comment about the great work that is being developed in the following thread
forum.linuxcnc.org/qtpyvcp, they have a very good and clear documentation, www.qtpyvcp.com/ , I just wondering if this plasmaC can be done based on the QTpyVPC and leverage on all the work already done
thanks..

More
22 Apr 2020 05:13 #165043 by phillc54

Hi, I think this effort is great and really required, i think it is awesome to have it, I just like to comment about the great work that is being developed in the following thread
forum.linuxcnc.org/qtpyvcp, they have a very good and clear documentation, www.qtpyvcp.com/ , I just wondering if this plasmaC can be done based on the QTpyVPC and leverage on all the work already done
thanks..

It could be but I will be using Qtvcp as it is part of LinuxCNC

More
22 Apr 2020 12:14 #165087 by tommylight

It could be but I will be using Qtvcp as it is part of LinuxCNC

I have to agree after having to deal with all kinds of issues with getting Qt to stop complaining.

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds