GUI for PlasmaC - QtPlasmac

More
10 Mar 2020 17:10 #159674 by snowgoer540
Took some time to look at the candcnc gui today...I rescind my previous statement, I think we can def do better than that!
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Mar 2020 22:09 #159702 by phillc54

Took some time to look at the candcnc gui today...I rescind my previous statement, I think we can def do better than that!

I am trying to NOT look at other screens as it only confuses me. Every time I see something different I go what if... what if... and off I go on another tangent.

I think at this stage I will get a "main" screen together (or at least try to) and put it out here for you guys to tear apart (sorry, I mean suggest changes)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Clive S

More
10 Mar 2020 22:26 #159703 by snowgoer540

I am trying to NOT look at other screens as it only confuses me. Every time I see something different I go what if... what if... and off I go on another tangent.

I think at this stage I will get a "main" screen together (or at least try to) and put it out here for you guys to tear apart (sorry, I mean suggest changes)

haha, I can relate. I was just getting ready to sit down and see if I could copy paste, snip something together for an idea, see if I come up with anything.

Should I hold off on that?

More
10 Mar 2020 22:28 #159704 by phillc54

haha, I can relate. I was just getting ready to sit down and see if I could copy paste, snip something together for an idea, see if I come up with anything.

No, I am open to suggestions.

More
10 Mar 2020 22:30 #159705 by snowgoer540

Sounds good, I didnt know if you were already so far down the rabbit hole. I'll see what I can come up with.

More
11 Mar 2020 00:59 #159728 by snowgoer540

Well here is what I hacked together. I am open to suggestion. And also, I can type something up to explain what I was thinking with some of the things, and other features that would be part of the GUI. I ran out of time for the evening, another early day tomorrow.

I'm excited to hear what you think.

-Greg
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Clive S

More
11 Mar 2020 01:07 #159730 by snowgoer540
Also, I should note, some of the colors aren’t what I’d go with in the final (background, gcode area). But you can only do so much with snippet and PowerPoint in the time allotted lol

More
11 Mar 2020 01:43 #159735 by phillc54

Also, I should note, some of the colors aren’t what I’d go with in the final (background, gcode area). But you can only do so much with snippet and PowerPoint in the time allotted lol

Thanks for that and a bit of an explanation would be nice.
Personally I am not a fan of too much colour, for me the less the better.
I think we need to start with what are the required controls on the "main" panel.
I see you don't have jog keys, does everyone have a pendant?
You probably should allow for 4 axes in case a user has a rotary axis for pipe cutting.
Is DTG required, personally I have never used it as it is only for the current segment, if it was to the end of the cut it would make some sense.

More
11 Mar 2020 01:49 #159736 by snowgoer540

Thanks for that and a bit of an explanation would be nice.
Personally I am not a fan of too much colour, for me the less the better.
I think we need to start with what are the required controls on the "main" panel.
I see you don't have jog keys, does everyone have a pendant?
You probably should allow for 4 axes in case a user has a rotary axis for pipe cutting.
Is DTG required, personally I have never used it as it is only for the current segment, if it was to the end of the cut it would make some sense.

I will whip something explanatory up tomorrow.

I can definitely go without the color as well. I’ll make a version with it removed tomorrow.

I’ve never used jog keys as none of my stuff has touch screen and if I’m clicking with a mouse I might as well just use the keyboard. However, a solid compromise would be a tab with the jog controls I’d think?

Ok, easy enough to add an A axis.

No, certainly not required. But sometimes it’s a nice sanity check. Probably more handy on a mill or a lathe. Perhaps not necessary here.

I will make a version 2 tomorrow sometime, and give a bit of an explanation. I agree, my focus was on the main tab, the rest can follow behind that.

More
11 Mar 2020 01:52 #159737 by phillc54

I will make a version 2 tomorrow sometime, and give a bit of an explanation.

Cool.

I agree, my focus was on the main tab, the rest can follow behind that.

That is where it should be, the main screen is the most important (well it is to me anyhow).

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds