For PhillC regarding PlasmaC and Z axis stuff

More
26 Apr 2020 01:33 #165607 by phillc54

Just for clarity : CCP = China's CoronaVirus Pandemic, i did not make that up, seen it on youtube.

And the only thing they export for no cost...

Dang i almost forgot, the retraction speed after the switch is tripped, where do i change that ?

When it probes down and makes contact it then retracts at 0.001mm per servo cycle until it loses contact, this point is zero (top of material) all other Z motion is done at Setup Speed on the Config Panel with the exception of THC (if you are using modes 0 or 1)
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Apr 2020 01:52 #165609 by tommylight

When it probes down and makes contact it then retracts at 0.001mm per servo cycle until it loses contact, this point is zero (top of material) all other Z motion is done at Setup Speed on the Config Panel with the exception of THC (if you are using modes 0 or 1)

Oh i did mess with all the settings ! :)
But the retraction speed i could not find anywhere. As you might have seen on the quickly cobbled together z axis i have about 7 mm of switch travel, so backing of the switch takes loooong ! Full 3mm to back off. All of this is from eyeballing it, never measured it.
Never mind, will fix the switch.
Mode 2 for now, no THC ......yet.

More
26 Apr 2020 01:54 #165611 by phillc54
I have setup you r complete config with a simulated hal and I can not see any of the issues.

I have a mill on a parport so this afternoon I will make up a probe testing rig and run your full config on it.

Could the "lockups" have been the probe test waiting. After you press Probe Test then it has complete control until it times out which in your ini file is 30 seconds.

More
26 Apr 2020 01:56 #165612 by tommylight

When it probes down and makes contact it then retracts at 0.001mm per servo cycle until it loses contact,

So if i set servo thread to 500000, it will make it twice as fast! :)
Easy, if it wasn't 3:55 AM here and 99% of the brain off.
Nighty night, me gona catch some zzzzzzzzzzzzz

More
26 Apr 2020 01:59 #165613 by tommylight

Could the "lockups" have been the probe test waiting. After you press Probe Test then it has complete control until it times out which in your ini file is 30 seconds.

I am fully aware of that, i have read most of the documentation.
Today i could not get it to do that, last night twice. Will try some more, if i can recall what i was doing and document that.

More
26 Apr 2020 02:03 #165614 by phillc54

But the retraction speed i could not find anywhere. As you might have seen on the quickly cobbled together z axis i have about 7 mm of switch travel, so backing of the switch takes loooong ! Full 3mm to back off. All of this is from eyeballing it, never measured it.
Never mind, will fix the switch.

Ahh, I only ever considered the hysteresis of the switch itself...

So if i set servo thread to 500000, it will make it twice as fast! :)
Easy, if it wasn't 3:55 AM here and 99% of the brain off.
Nighty night, me gona catch some zzzzzzzzzzzzz

No, because it scales accordingly...
If you needed to I could make a pin or parameter to adjust it with a HAL setp

More
26 Apr 2020 08:57 #165635 by tommylight

No, because it scales accordingly...
If you needed to I could make a pin or parameter to adjust it with a HAL setp

Nah, i am still in the testing phase, when i go to production we might discus that, for now i am a happy camper. :)

More
26 Apr 2020 08:59 #165636 by phillc54
Well I manage to get the mico-mill setup pretending that is a plasma table.

I have done some initial testing and haven't faulted it yet.

My pretend probe is a bit different even though I am using the float input. It is only a touch probe (pretend ohmic hanging out of a drill chuck) at the moment, so tomorrow I will rig up some sort of float arrangement and do some comprehensive testing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, thefabricator03

More
27 Apr 2020 07:27 #165759 by phillc54
OK, I made a "float" switch with 7mm of travel.

I set the pobe test time in the ini file to 10 so I don't have to wait too long...

Relevant settings.
[AXIS_Z]
MIN_LIMIT = -20.001
MAX_LIMIT = 56.001

[JOINT_2]
MIN_LIMIT = -20.001
MAX_LIMIT = 100.001
HOME = 0.0
HOME_OFFSET = 55.0

X minimum is 2mm below the "slats", probe height is 20mm, probe feed rate is 500mm/min.

Home the machine, NO touchoff and do some probe tests.

No material, ERROR: bottom limit reached while probe testing.

3mm and 4mm materials, ERROR: bottom limit reached while probe testing.
This error is expected, because the float switch has 7mm of travel and the top of the material is only 5mm and 6mm above the Z minimum.The minimum limit needs to be below the lowest slats level by the float switch travel minus the thinnest material to be probed. Probably for consistency and a bit of tolerance we should say float switch travel plus 1mm, so in this case 8mm.

5mm, 7mm, 8mm, 10mm and 16mm materials all probe successfully and consistently.

I am yet to see the issue where it appears locked up. It does have motion hold while the probe test is active.

I then did some more probes with a probe feed rate of 1000mm/min and it performed the same as above.

I will do some more testing tomorrow.

More
27 Apr 2020 07:50 - 27 Apr 2020 08:15 #165760 by Clive S

3mm and 4mm materials, ERROR: bottom limit reached while probe testing.
This error is expected, because the float switch has 7mm of travel and the top of the material is only 5mm and 6mm above the Z minimum.The minimum limit needs to be below the lowest slats level by the float switch travel minus the thinnest material to be probed. Probably for consistency and a bit of tolerance we should say float switch travel plus 1mm, so in this case 8mm.

This above has explained to me at least a great deal when I was setting my probe. It also would be nice to alter the manual to make it clear with an example similar. :)
Last edit: 27 Apr 2020 08:15 by Clive S.
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54, tommylight, thefabricator03

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.281 seconds