Error Recovery

More
12 Jul 2020 23:06 #174425 by snowgoer540
Replied by snowgoer540 on topic Error Recovery

Maybe when it is in CPA mode PlasmaC needs to disable THC.

I have no clue whether the machine keeps Arc OK on or not while in CPA mode..

My machine only uses CPA mode but it doesn't have Arc OK so I cannot test it out.

No worries. Perhaps a new feature is “ignore arc ok” check box for cutting mesh?

At any rate, it got a bit buried but did you see my cut recovery feedback?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jul 2020 23:20 #174427 by phillc54
Replied by phillc54 on topic Error Recovery

Maybe when it is in CPA mode PlasmaC needs to disable THC.

I have no clue whether the machine keeps Arc OK on or not while in CPA mode..

My machine only uses CPA mode but it doesn't have Arc OK so I cannot test it out.

No worries. Perhaps a new feature is “ignore arc ok” check box for cutting mesh?

I was thinking to keep it automatic because I would imagine that you only selected CPA mode to cut mesh plus having that as a separate check box would be redundant for all? other machines.

Do other manufacturers have CPA mode?

At any rate, it got a bit buried but did you see my cut recovery feedback?

I did, do you think it is a worthwhile feature to keep working on?

More
12 Jul 2020 23:26 #174428 by snowgoer540

Do other manufacturers have CPA mode?

I honestly don’t know.

I did, do you think it is a worthwhile feature to keep working on?

I do! I didn’t get to see how it actually cut when it returned back to the path, because I had a few issues going on, but I really like the premise. I know not really part of the coding you did, but especially liked how I could see the path update as to where I was with regard to the cut lines. That was unexpected and helpful.

More
12 Jul 2020 23:30 #174429 by phillc54
OK, I am out and about at the moment, when I get back I'll go through you earlier post.
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowgoer540

More
12 Jul 2020 23:32 #174431 by snowgoer540

OK, I am out and about at the moment, when I get back I'll go through you earlier post.

No worries, thanks Phill!

More
12 Jul 2020 23:32 #174432 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Error Recovery
Maybe there should be a setting called "Mesh cutting" which ignores ArcOK and also disables Kerf Crossing. Its a bit hard for the guys who have it to test it the way Plasmac is designed. You could test it by cutting over some slots if you don't have some mesh. It might be able to resume THC when ArcOK is present.

Maybe Snowgoer in his capacity as official tester could unlinkp the ArcOK input and setp the pin to true. He's just about up to that task now :)

Done right you should still be able to keep the GUI led operational so observing that on a cut would tell you what goes on..
Maybe Phill could provide the test hal settings...

More
12 Jul 2020 23:33 #174433 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Error Recovery
I might add that a good Kerf crossing feature should almost support this feature with THC on all the time...

More
13 Jul 2020 00:17 #174434 by phillc54
I think the first thing we need to do is find out if Arc OK does or does not stay on during CPA cutting and whether this feature is common to manufacturers or is it HT only.

I might add that a good Kerf crossing feature should almost support this feature with THC on all the time...

Yeah, that's how it worked for me when I last tested kerf crossing.

More
13 Jul 2020 01:52 #174437 by phillc54

The pause stuff no longer works the way I used to remember, I could sometimes execute the next line (which was to turn the velocity back to 100%), but I could never get it to execute line to start the rapid motion to go to the next hole. This would be when it would arc-out at the end of the cut. I was unable to get it to keep going through the code to go to the next feature and start cutting again.

I don't quite follow what you mean here.

More
13 Jul 2020 01:56 #174440 by snowgoer540

The pause stuff no longer works the way I used to remember, I could sometimes execute the next line (which was to turn the velocity back to 100%), but I could never get it to execute line to start the rapid motion to go to the next hole. This would be when it would arc-out at the end of the cut. I was unable to get it to keep going through the code to go to the next feature and start cutting again.

I don't quite follow what you mean here.

Paused motion didn’t seem to be working correctly. It wouldn’t always “execute next line”, and when I got to a rapid movement, it wouldn’t execute at all. Also, at the rapid movement line, i couldn’t resume motion. But I was doing it from the main GUI, and not the cut-recovery button. Perhaps maybe I HAVE to use the cut recovery button now?

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.309 seconds