Error Recovery

More
13 Jul 2020 02:03 #174442 by phillc54
Replied by phillc54 on topic Error Recovery

It wouldn’t always “execute next line”, and when I got to a rapid movement, it wouldn’t execute at all. Also, at the rapid movement line, i couldn’t resume motion.

That is the bit I don't understand.

During a pause the Fwd & Rev buttons step thru each segment, they are not necessarily related to gcode lines. Are you saying that you used the Fwd/Rev buttons to get to a location and then could not resume the program.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jul 2020 02:05 #174443 by snowgoer540
Replied by snowgoer540 on topic Error Recovery

It wouldn’t always “execute next line”, and when I got to a rapid movement, it wouldn’t execute at all. Also, at the rapid movement line, i couldn’t resume motion.

That is the bit I don't understand.

During a pause the Fwd & Rev buttons step thru each segment, they are not necessarily related to gcode lines. Are you saying that you used the Fwd/Rev buttons to get to a location and then could not resume the program.

No, Up at the top between start and pause there’s a arrow that says “execute next line”. I was clicking that one

More
13 Jul 2020 02:18 #174444 by phillc54
Ahh, the single step button.

I probably should have hidden that button as I don't think it is good for plasma. I can't imagine that you would want to cut one segment, pierce again and cut the next segment etc etc. You would end up with a horrible cut (unless of course you intended for it to look horrible)

Trying to test what you meant has shown up the issue you mentioned that if you do use paused motion and stop during a rapid segment then motion will not start again. I will have to see if I can fix that somehow. I had never tried it, I just assumed that on a broken cut the user would only need to move a few mm (or bits of inches) to restart the cut.

More
13 Jul 2020 02:27 #174446 by snowgoer540
Replied by snowgoer540 on topic Error Recovery

Ahh, the single step button.

I probably should have hidden that button as I don't think it is good for plasma. I can't imagine that you would want to cut one segment, pierce again and cut the next segment etc etc. You would end up with a horrible cut (unless of course you intended for it to look horrible)

Trying to test what you meant has shown up the issue you mentioned that if you do use paused motion and stop during a rapid segment then motion will not start again. I will have to see if I can fix that somehow. I had never tried it, I just assumed that on a broken cut the user would only need to move a few mm (or bits of inches) to restart the cut.

I have a knack for these sort of findings haha

So the other thing I saw was if I had paused motion twice (two failures back to back in this case) in one cut program. The second time I couldn’t bump the torch around anymore. No motion from the cut recovery button would work.

More
13 Jul 2020 02:28 #174447 by phillc54

I have a knack for these sort of findings haha

So the other thing I saw was if I had paused motion twice (two failures back to back in this case) in one cut program. The second time I couldn’t bump the torch around anymore. No motion from the cut recovery button would work.

Double trouble today... :)

More
13 Jul 2020 04:32 #174452 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Error Recovery
Most plasmas support the mesh mode. Well alt least Everlast, Thermal Dynamics and Hypertherm do. I've never played with it.

More
13 Jul 2020 06:18 - 13 Jul 2020 07:18 #174466 by phillc54

I cannot see that issue, I tried your code as well and did several errors and they all worked...

EDIT: I just updated the test branches, I had forgotten to do that the last couple of updates. Maybe that had something to do with it...
Last edit: 13 Jul 2020 07:18 by phillc54.

More
13 Jul 2020 06:33 #174468 by rodw
I can't ever remember Plasmac having so many bugs until Snowgoer took up his role as official tester.... It must be his fault!.....

More
13 Jul 2020 06:34 #174469 by phillc54

I can't ever remember Plasmac having so many bugs until Snowgoer took up his role as official tester.... It must be his fault!.....

May have to sack him, I think he takes his role too seriously.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw

More
13 Jul 2020 06:37 #174470 by rodw

May have to sack him, I think he takes his role too seriously.

Phill, that made me laugh! Thanks! :)

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds