Help with homing on dual axis PlasmaC

More
25 Jul 2020 21:49 #175797 by Clive S
Rod as I said early in the post it is a THC_10 with the 45xp set at 20:1 and that THC set at 32 on a 7i96 very similar to mine

I will of course check the encoder count etc. But surely the THC up/down LEDs should flicker etc. I can't see any problems with any of the hal or in files.
I noticed via eagle eyed Tom that the version was not updated to the current version although it was done yesterday.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Jul 2020 22:09 #175799 by rodw

Rod as I said early in the post it is a THC_10 with the 45xp set at 20:1 and that THC set at 32 on a 7i96 very similar to mine

I will of course check the encoder count etc. But surely the THC up/down LEDs should flicker etc. I can't see any problems with any of the hal or in files.
I noticed via eagle eyed Tom that the version was not updated to the current version although it was done yesterday.

I've always hated that PLasmac users are expected to do some maths to set up arc voltage right. A lot of users seem to com unstuck here. Heck, we are using a computer it should be doing the maths for us. Thats why I wrote this a few years ago forum.linuxcnc.org/plasma-laser/32585-scalethcad-component
You can use it with Plasmac with a scaling of 1 and an offset of 0. I think I'm still using it... becasue when I adopted plasmac early in its life it had some bugs then too...

More
25 Jul 2020 22:38 #175800 by phillc54

I've always hated that PLasmac users are expected to do some maths to set up arc voltage right

And I hate the fact that I have explained why this is so and some folk continue to whinge about it.

More
25 Jul 2020 23:19 #175814 by snowgoer540

whinge.

On the bright side, I learned a new word today. :silly:
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54

More
26 Jul 2020 02:31 #175843 by rodw

whinge.

Put in normal context "Whinging Pom" Hope Clive S isn't watching this!

More
26 Jul 2020 06:38 #175859 by Clive S

whinge.

Put in normal context "Whinging Pom" Hope Clive S isn't watching this!

Good job that I am the master of diplomacy :woohoo:

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds