Random arc signal lost

More
03 Sep 2020 23:42 #180602 by snowgoer540
Replied by snowgoer540 on topic Random arc signal lost

No, no need on this end to change the period from 5. I told him if it comes back at all, to let me know. I do plan to try to grab some halscope plots of my table..

It would be nice to see a before and after from Cody's table.

What, my table isn't good enough?! :laugh:

Yea, I agree. I will have to learn halscope so I can teach him. The challenge is that he has almost 0 internet service at his place, and he's in Michigan ~8-9 hours away from me haha.

So do you think that debouncing the arc-ok should be done by default?

Also, I'm not sure if it got lost in the relay/resistor talk, but Rod confirmed that it's likely his Ohmic component that doesnt listen to the Ohmic Enable check box as his table doesnt have it because he's several iterations behind.

I guess that leaves the MDI stuff and a log file generator if you're so inclined.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Sep 2020 23:50 #180603 by phillc54
Replied by phillc54 on topic Random arc signal lost

It would be nice to see a before and after from Cody's table.

What, my table isn't good enough?! :laugh:

Just that his seemed to consistently fail...

Yea, I agree. I will have to learn halscope so I can teach him. The challenge is that he has almost 0 internet service at his place, and he's in Michigan ~8-9 hours away from me haha.

Oh, that is a bit difficult then

So do you think that debouncing the arc-ok should be done by default?

Maybe a good idea for new configs...

Also, I'm not sure if it got lost in the relay/resistor talk, but Rod confirmed that it's likely his Ohmic component that doesnt listen to the Ohmic Enable check box as his table doesnt have it because he's several iterations behind.

Yes, I did see that.

I guess that leaves the MDI stuff and a log file generator if you're so inclined.

Only a short list then. :)

More
04 Sep 2020 00:10 #180606 by snowgoer540

Just that his seemed to consistently fail...

Yea, I'd love to plot that table. Mine did it sometimes, but not nearly as consistent as his.

Oh, that is a bit difficult then

I think the real difficulty is getting halscope to work lol

Maybe a good idea for new configs...

And at least one more config that's existing :)

Yes, I did see that.

Ok cool

Haha, sorry, I'd say I'll try to keep the new ideas to a minimum, but I already had at least one or two more. On the bright side, it seems like a lot of bugs are ironed out! Curious, when 2.8 is released, will you continue to develop against 2.8, or will you move to developing for 2.9?

More
04 Sep 2020 00:41 #180608 by phillc54

Haha, sorry, I'd say I'll try to keep the new ideas to a minimum, but I already had at least one or two more. On the bright side, it seems like a lot of bugs are ironed out! Curious, when 2.8 is released, will you continue to develop against 2.8, or will you move to developing for 2.9?

Depends on the feature. Because PlasmaC is only a machine config and not core LinuxCNC code then mostly it will be 2.8 + master. Bugs fixes definitely for both and new features for both unless it is reliant on something different in master. 2.8.0 is only the first 2.8 release, there will be others.

More
04 Sep 2020 02:07 #180612 by snowgoer540

Depends on the feature. Because PlasmaC is only a machine config and not core LinuxCNC code then mostly it will be 2.8 + master. Bugs fixes definitely for both and new features for both unless it is reliant on something different in master. 2.8.0 is only the first 2.8 release, there will be others.

Fair enough, that makes sense. Never really been paying attention to the release cycle, so I didnt know they went 2.8.0, 2.8.1, etc. I figured they released 2.8 then went on to working on 2.9.

More
04 Sep 2020 07:05 - 04 Sep 2020 09:14 #180624 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Random arc signal lost
I do agree that ArcOK needs a bit of dead time and i did mention it somewhere regarding PlasmaC.
This is valid for both mode 0 and mode 1, due to several reasons:
When piercing thicker material the voltage and current will vary wildly so both modes will see ArcOK going on and off very quickly due to material being removed at an unpredictable rate.
Also depending on the plasma source, some will not have any capacitors on the output so will wary a lot, some do have them so they are less prone to voltage variations, while the new-ish inverter ones have capacitors abut also have automatic current regulation so until that kicks in there will be some variations in voltage.
In "my" config (again someone else started that config) i have a 0.1 second delay for the ArcOK and that has proven plenty even for THCAD using a parallel port for over 7 months, it never fails in mode 0 generating the ArcOK signal from the voltage.
Last edit: 04 Sep 2020 09:14 by tommylight. Reason: more info
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54, Clive S, thefabricator03, snowgoer540

More
04 Sep 2020 07:26 #180629 by phillc54
I am thinking of adding the debounce to new configs only as I am a bit apprehensive about trying to modify existing <machine-name>_connections.hal in case any existing users have added debounce to any other inputs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Clive S, snowgoer540

More
04 Sep 2020 08:38 #180631 by Clive S
Replied by Clive S on topic Random arc signal lost

I am thinking of adding the debounce to new configs only as I am a bit apprehensive about trying to modify existing <machine-name>_connections.hal in case any existing users have added debounce to any other inputs.

I agree. But how about just putting a note in the manual with the code and saying where it has to be put (if that's possible)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Himarc3D

More
04 Sep 2020 08:39 #180632 by Himarc3D
Replied by Himarc3D on topic Random arc signal lost
Isn’t possible to put warning message with check box to don’t show again about the old debounce config?

More
04 Sep 2020 09:16 #180633 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Random arc signal lost
Edited and added more info to the above post, sorry had to attend installing the roofing on the "hut" or "tent" or whatever that thing outside my shop is called. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.209 seconds