Arc OK intermitent issues on torch fire

More
05 Apr 2021 18:02 #204929 by txtrone

The derived arcok from THCAD works perfectly although i am sure there might be situations where it might fail but not due the the way it works but due to how plasma sources work.
The reed version has no way of failing if done right as it relies on a big amount of current passing through that wire.
By now i have 4 machines using the derived arcok from thcad and they never failed, but that needs a bit of tweaking...

Just so I am clear. The 'derived' ArcOk is from a plasma source with ArcOk output, and the 'reed version' is the 'synthesized' method?

When you say the reed version has no way of failing 'if it is done right' ... what are 'wrong' ways you see it done? Also, does it need any tweaking?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Apr 2021 18:14 #204931 by txtrone

I have NO issues at all with synthesised ArcOK.

Synthesized = reed relay method?

More
05 Apr 2021 20:25 #204954 by tommylight
Synthesized = derived = from THACD so no reed or plasma's own ARCOK signal.
It is synthesized or derived from the voltage measured with THCAD and generates the (missing) arcok signal if the voltage is between the setpoints set as "OK High Volts" and "OK Low Volts" in PlasmaC.
The following user(s) said Thank You: txtrone

More
05 Apr 2021 20:38 #204962 by txtrone

Synthesized = derived = from THACD so no reed or plasma's own ARCOK signal.

Thanks for the explanation tommylight. Sometimes the simplest solutions are the best.

I already have ArcOk wired from my CPC port, so I will go that route for now. It's good to know that other options exist.

More
16 Jun 2021 11:59 #212194 by Talon2006
I was having this same issue, and putting in a relay is what solved my issue ultimately.

No amount of denouncing the arc ok, or configure changes helped my problem. It wasn’t a matter of the program getting the arc ok, it was a matter of the hypertherm not getting a “strong” enough signal to trigger the arc.
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowgoer540

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds