Arc OK intermitent issues on torch fire

More
22 Dec 2020 22:46 #192888 by luftlupus

Disconnect the wires from the transfer terminals of machine and check with an ohmmeter on the transfer terminals while attempting a cut.

So when i have it all turned on and idle i put the ohm meter on the 24v and transfer input like so. with the ohm meter on the pins the ArkOK in the GUI comes on also which i would think is odd. When attempting a cut the air comes on and everything but the ohm reading does not change from what is in the picture.

Also have a constant 24v through the transfer back to the input while the machine is idle.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Dec 2020 22:55 #192889 by Clive S
In the first pic the meter is not on ohms. it is on diode/buzzer mode
The following user(s) said Thank You: luftlupus

More
22 Dec 2020 22:56 #192890 by phillc54
I meant for you to put the ohmmeter on the transfer terminals of the plasma cutter while it was not connected to the mesa card.

More
22 Dec 2020 23:11 #192894 by tommylight
Both measurements on both the pictures are correct, the results are also correct, the only thing missing is when you say "attempt a cut" was it actually cutting something, preferably over 3mm thick?
If that was the case, the reading on the first picture should have gone from whatever it was to nearly 0.
To more accurately check that, do as Phill asked, disconnect the ARCOK wires, be it at the plasma or from the mesa board, use the same diode/buzzer check between those two wires and start cutting something, it should start buzzing and go to near 0.
If it does not, reverse the wires and try again.
Post pictures or values from both measurements.

More
23 Dec 2020 04:16 #192925 by luftlupus

Both measurements on both the pictures are correct, the results are also correct, the only thing missing is when you say "attempt a cut" was it actually cutting something, preferably over 3mm thick?
If that was the case, the reading on the first picture should have gone from whatever it was to nearly 0.
To more accurately check that, do as Phill asked, disconnect the ARCOK wires, be it at the plasma or from the mesa board, use the same diode/buzzer check between those two wires and start cutting something, it should start buzzing and go to near 0.
If it does not, reverse the wires and try again.
Post pictures or values from both measurements.

So the arc does not actually fire anymore you can hear it trying in the background. But here is a short video of testing the transfer pins like you said.

More
23 Dec 2020 09:35 #192935 by phillc54
I see that earlier you said the maximum current for the transfer was 50mA. The relay manufacturer specs it at 1A. Is there a fuse in the circuit somewhere?

More
23 Dec 2020 09:37 #192936 by luftlupus

I see that earlier you said the maximum current for the transfer was 50mA. The relay manufacturer specs it at 1A. Is there a fuse in the circuit somewhere?

Not on the transfer it just goes to the relay and back out.

More
23 Dec 2020 09:39 #192938 by phillc54
Bummer.
So where is it at now, are you getting an arc?

More
23 Dec 2020 10:00 #192941 by luftlupus

Bummer.
So where is it at now, are you getting an arc?

na no pilot arc or anything i am assuming the relay is gone at this stage. it tries to fire but no arc of course just air.

More
23 Dec 2020 10:06 #192942 by phillc54
Aha, so no need to worry about the transfer side yet.

Disconnect the plasma machine cnc port from the controller and short out pins 3 & 4, that should turn the torch on.
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowgoer540, luftlupus

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.322 seconds