QtPlasmaC release.

More
15 Mar 2021 22:10 #202423 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic QtPlasmaC release.

.... but if you lower the current in sync with lowering the feedrate the voltage "should" stay roughly the same because P=V*I.... negating the requirement for locking the torch height..... given the amperage is the bit you are changing and are holding the voltage static......

thats the theory.....

Absolutely, so exactly my point. If you could vary current in real time instead of a corner height lock, you could stop varying torch height and vary current to achieve the voltage set point. You should keep the kerf width constant and part dimensions will be more accurate.

The alternate paradigm we can do now without hacking a plasma cutter is to offset the torch position along a perpendicular to the arc tangent (heading) so the increased width of the arc is compensated for to keep arc dimensions closer to spec.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Mar 2021 22:33 #202429 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic QtPlasmaC release.

This topic is about the QtPlasmaC release, can we please keep it to that...

You must be scared we are gunna make more work for you! :) Take a well earnt break for a few weeks.

More
15 Mar 2021 22:54 #202432 by phillc54
Replied by phillc54 on topic QtPlasmaC release.

This topic is about the QtPlasmaC release, can we please keep it to that...

You must be scared we are gunna make more work for you!

Not really, I have no real interest in what you have been discussing and it has no relevance to this thread. Why not start a new thread about it then anyone who is interested can partake in it.

More
16 Mar 2021 05:46 - 16 Mar 2021 05:48 #202450 by robertspark
Replied by robertspark on topic QtPlasmaC release.
double post
Last edit: 16 Mar 2021 05:48 by robertspark.

More
16 Mar 2021 05:47 #202451 by robertspark
Replied by robertspark on topic QtPlasmaC release.

Not really, I have no real interest in what you have been discussing and it has no relevance to this thread. Why not start a new thread about it then anyone who is interested can partake in it.

go faster stripes, I don't think they will make much difference to the finished article.... it is afterall air plasma, high Def requires the ability to change gases and mix gases on the fly too to create a concentrated arc and exothermic reaction (similar to a thermal Lance.... or at least the effect of such for short durations to improve the cut quality)

Phil, I for one am very thankful for your efforts and creating the finished article (+ those that have helped make this a reality) of both PlasmaC and QTPlasmaC along with all the other hal components that I am finding associated with it as I travel through HAL files.

there are a lot of current and future CNC plasma users who will be indebted to you for a long time. and I am only just starting to get into linuxcnc and can appreciate the time and effort + benefits of it.

I'd buy you a beer or few if there was a way, and I don't earn money from plasma or CNC, it's just a hobby for me.

cheers!
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54, snowgoer540

More
16 Mar 2021 06:02 #202452 by phillc54

go faster stripes, I don't think they will make much difference to the finished article.... it is afterall air plasma, high Def requires the ability to change gases and mix gases on the fly too to create a concentrated arc and exothermic reaction (similar to a thermal Lance.... or at least the effect of such for short durations to improve the cut quality)

+1

Phil, I for one am very thankful for your efforts and creating the finished article (+ those that have helped make this a reality) of both PlasmaC and QTPlasmaC along with all the other hal components that I am finding associated with it as I travel through HAL files.
there are a lot of current and future CNC plasma users who will be indebted to you for a long time. and I am only just starting to get into linuxcnc and can appreciate the time and effort + benefits of it.
I'd buy you a beer or few if there was a way, and I don't earn money from plasma or CNC, it's just a hobby for me.

Same here, I do it purely for the enjoyment (and to keep out of the missus hair :)), thank-you's is reward enough.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, Clive S, crowloy, Uthayne, Kiddekanin, wasausky

More
17 Mar 2021 03:45 #202556 by grijalvap
Replied by grijalvap on topic QtPlasmaC release.
Hi phillc54, I want to thank you for this great effort, you and all the team have done a great work with this plasma stuff.
thanks very mouch.
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54, rodw, snowgoer540

More
19 Mar 2021 00:56 #202791 by crowloy
Replied by crowloy on topic QtPlasmaC release.
now if we could just get an updated sheetcam. The current linux version is seriously lagging from the windows one now.

More
19 Mar 2021 00:58 #202793 by phillc54

now if we could just get an updated sheetcam. The current linux version is seriously lagging from the windows one now.

Try the Windows one with Wine, it works on Macos.

More
19 Mar 2021 01:08 #202797 by crowloy
Replied by crowloy on topic QtPlasmaC release.
one thing missing from qtplasmac-setup is laser_on setup. Adding this to setup a pin definition will help future qtplasmac users I believe.
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54, snowgoer540

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.127 seconds