Sheetcam and trying to generate spotting gcode.

More
08 Nov 2021 13:19 - 08 Nov 2021 13:19 #225683 by bevins

What is hole processing from  QTPlasmaC and how is it used? I did not find the qtplasmac docs on it.

I am using the rules in sheetcam to slow the feedrate to 50" on holes smaller than .5".
By default it is slow to 60% for holes < 1.26" (32mm)
There is another mode that also applies the slowdown to arcs < 16mm (50% of 32mm) which will be good for slotting
And another mode does an overcut (default 4mm) at the end of the hole

All of those numbers can be overridden using gcode variables like #<h_diameter> = 0.5So basically with the combination of the rules and velocity anti dive means you should never need to use sheetcam rules

It would be good if you could give that post a whirl to confirm the imperial settings work. Just view the gcode and you'll see whats going on in the preamble

I downloaded the post, I will try it. I'm in a tilly to get a debian install method as I have two machines to do and I need a full proof method of installing. I dont want to spend three days on an install.
Last edit: 08 Nov 2021 13:19 by bevins.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Nov 2021 14:28 #225694 by snowgoer540

What is hole processing from  QTPlasmaC and how is it used? I did not find the qtplasmac docs on it.

I am using the rules in sheetcam to slow the feedrate to 50" on holes smaller than .5".

Here is the relevant section in the docs just for reference: linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/html/plasma/qtpl...html#qt_hole-cutting

More
08 Nov 2021 19:47 #225716 by rodw

By default it is slow to 60% for holes < 1.26" (32mm)
There is another mode that also applies the slowdown to arcs < 16mm (50% of 32mm) which will be good for slotting
And another mode does an overcut (default 4mm) at the end of the hole

All of those numbers can be overridden using gcode variables like #<h_diameter> = 0.5So basically with the combination of the rules and velocity anti dive means you should never need to use sheetcam rules

It would be good if you could give that post a whirl to confirm the imperial settings work. Just view the gcode and you'll see whats going on in the preamble

I downloaded the post, I will try it. I'm in a tilly to get a debian install method as I have two machines to do and I need a full proof method of installing. I dont want to spend three days on an install.

Snowgoer has published a pretty good walkthrough on installing master on MXLinux. I would probably go that way so I don't get the blame for your lost weekend!

Note the variables at the top of the post to set your hole processing mode parameters using the info on Greg's link! They are set to the defaults.

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds