TCP 5-axis kinematics

More
12 Mar 2023 08:16 #266475 by JackRay
Replied by JackRay on topic TCP 5-axis kinematics
Ok Thanks,
I'm not sure if the problem comes from the PP... ? First of all, I'm going to redo an XYZBC configuration from scratch because I was working with an XYZAC configuration before.

To switch from my XYZAC configuration to XYZBC I simply created a XYZBC configuration with linux CNC and copy my .ini& .hal files from my XYZAC configuration to my new XYZBC configuration. And I think the problem comes from there.

What do you think about it ?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Mar 2023 17:09 #266574 by cngbrick
Replied by cngbrick on topic TCP 5-axis kinematics
if (true) { // note: setup your machine here
    var bAxis = createAxis({coordinate:1, table:true, axis:[0, 1, 0], cyclic:true, range:[-95, 95], offset:[0,0,0], preference:0});
    var cAxis = createAxis({coordinate:2, table:true, axis:[0, 0, 1], cyclic:true, range:[-720, 720], offset:[0,0,0], preference:0});
    machineConfiguration = new MachineConfiguration(bAxis, cAxis);

setMachineConfiguration(machineConfiguration);
    optimizeMachineAngles2(0); // TCP mode

Some thoughts on the matter:
Does the post processor produce good code for XYZ operations? How about 3 axis + B only or 3 axis + C only?

Did you try setting up the post processor as an XYZAB configuration? Essentially var bAxis ... [1,0,0] and cAxis ... [0,1,0]

RT

More
13 Mar 2023 18:40 #266584 by JackRay
Hello,
The CodeG is correct in 3 axes without problem.
I set B to [0,1,0] because B rotates around the Y axis ( it is parallel to the Y axis ) and C to [0,0,1] because C rotates around Z ( it is parallel to the Z axis ).

I do not understand the logic XYZAB ?
B would turn around X ( it would be // to X ) ?& C would turn around Y ( it would be // to Y ) ?

No I never tried ?

Thanks

More
13 Mar 2023 19:16 #266593 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic TCP 5-axis kinematics
A turns around X
B turns around Y
C turns around Z

More
14 Mar 2023 00:03 #266616 by cngbrick
Replied by cngbrick on topic TCP 5-axis kinematics
Switching the axis in the post processor is just for troubleshooting.

Looking at your video, I get the impression your endmill is perpendicular to your intended trajectory. B appears correct but C in this case is basically an A axis with B at 90 degrees. I should have suggested setting C to[1,0,0] and keep B as it is.

You can look at the path generated. If it's correct then you can go back and figure out if it's your machne config or post.

RT

More
14 Mar 2023 06:10 #266636 by JackRay
Ok Thank you,
I will try .
About "coordinate" set, I will shall ajust 0,1,2 by axes too ? or for that.

var bAxis = createAxis({coordinate:1, table:true, axis:[0, 1, 0], cyclic:true, range:[-95, 95], offset:[0,0,0], preference:0});
 var cAxis = createAxis({coordinate:2, table:true, axis:[1, 0, 0], cyclic:true, range:[-720, 720], offset:[0,0,0], preference:0});

Thank

More
16 Mar 2023 11:28 #266826 by JackRay
Hello,

I finally found the exact configuration for my machine ☺☺. The machine responds exactly to the simulation so everything is square .
I want to thank all the people who answered me and tried to help me with so little information, each case is a different case and it is difficult to answer.

I will send you some videos of 5 axis machining controlled by this wonderful software that is LINUXCNC and with the wonderful switch that makes it work.

Thanks again for your help.

More
16 Mar 2023 12:09 - 16 Mar 2023 12:10 #266830 by Aciera
Replied by Aciera on topic TCP 5-axis kinematics

I finally found the exact configuration for my machine

Glad to hear you got it working!

Could you share the solution for future reference?
Last edit: 16 Mar 2023 12:10 by Aciera.

More
17 Mar 2023 09:14 #266896 by JackRay
Yes, of course.

At first I learned that ( as ACIERA said ) that when your configuration ( your pivot point ) works well in manual, it is that your Lcnc machine configuration works well, no need to touch the configuration. So it was a post processor problem.

Below is my post processor configuration for a XYZBC machine configuration.

var bAxis = createAxis({coordinate:1, table:true, axis:[0, -1, 0], cyclic:true, range:[-95, 95], offset:[0,0,0], preference:0 });
 var cAxis = createAxis({coordinate:2, table:true, axis:[0, 0, -1], cyclic:true, range:[-720, 720], offset:[0,0,0], preference:0 });

My B axis is well parallel to the Y axis but in reverse direction [0,-1,0].
My C axis is well parallel to the C axis but also in reverse direction [0,0,-1] I had tried several times this configuration but it does not work, because there was a Problem.

Some documentations mention that the "table" parameter of the "C" axis must be on "fasle" because this axis is not placed on the table of the machine but on the "B" axis, wrong. This parameter must be on "true".

I don't know if I was clear enough in my explanation. Aprés it is necessary to make tréa attention between the positon, the direction of the axes on your CFAO it is very easy to be mistaken.

This said the machine works very well in 3 axes, 5 axes positioned and 5 continuous axes.

All this with a single point of origin part.  ☺

Thank you

The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, cngbrick

More
20 Mar 2023 10:39 #267131 by akg1904
Replied by akg1904 on topic TCP 5-axis kinematics
Hi JackRay,

I am trying to figure out the misalignment in my TCP, if possible can you guide me regarding the TCP in xyzac configuration.
you can get all details in regarding my configuration here:
forum.linuxcnc.org/10-advanced-configura...kinematics?start=490

Thanks and Regards
Abhishek

Time to create page: 0.196 seconds