Retrofitting a TOS FNG 32 NC

More
02 Aug 2022 17:33 - 02 Aug 2022 17:54 #248856 by Kevin_Pawlus
I got the spindle running.
I changed P value from 0 -> 50 and the spindle is running. But very slow.
I can measure that I have 10V between 56 & 14. So it should be at max speed right?

What function does LF and EP1 have?

Last edit: 02 Aug 2022 17:54 by Kevin_Pawlus.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Aug 2022 06:14 #248901 by Henk
Replied by Henk on topic Retrofitting a TOS FNG 32 NC
Have you checked the motor field voltage. Is it supplied by the siemens drive?

More
03 Aug 2022 12:13 - 03 Aug 2022 12:15 #248923 by Kevin_Pawlus
I'm not sure why but the field voltage is not supplied by the Siemens drive, I do have about 60V on the "ANKER" circuit
pin 123, 124, 31, 32 is connected like the schedule.
Last edit: 03 Aug 2022 12:15 by Kevin_Pawlus.

More
03 Aug 2022 15:59 #248940 by andypugh
Does the spindle motor have a tachometer? Possibly it is running in closed-loop velocity mode and there is a problem with the feedback?

More
03 Aug 2022 16:54 #248951 by Kevin_Pawlus

Does the spindle motor have a tachometer? Possibly it is running in closed-loop velocity mode and there is a problem with the feedback?

Yes it does.
I have not done anything with the original wires that connects the tachometer so I think they are correct. I'm not really sure what "closed loop" means in this context. Is that a setting in LinuxCNC or is something that is adjusted on the drive?

I did read a little bit about DC-motors and it seems like mine require a field voltage to function at all(310VDC). And i think the variabel voltage is what controls the rmp of the motor.
The motor is extremely slow, it's barley moving at all. I don't have any field voltage either, but I dont know why. I believe I should have. I do have 60V on the other circuit on the motor.

More
03 Aug 2022 17:06 #248952 by andypugh

The motor is extremely slow, it's barley moving at all. I don't have any field voltage either, 

I think that these will be linked.....

There may be a separate power supply for the field voltage.  Possibly nothing more than a rectifier and a capacitor (maybe not even a capacitor)  as 310V is what you get from rectified 230V AC. 

More
03 Aug 2022 18:16 #248956 by Henk
Hi
From page 1 of this topic, you posted a pic of your spindle drive wiring diagram. Terminal 33 and 34 is the field supply. I believe the supply to the drive for the field is terminal 123 and 124. 
Do you have any dc voltage on 33 and 34 with respect to each other?  

I wouldnt try to run the motor without field voltage, the drive will overcurrent and may damage the armature, or itself. that is the reason for the component FP1. it is intended to disable the drive armature circuit when there is no field on the motor. 

Henk
Attachments:

More
03 Aug 2022 19:34 #248964 by Kevin_Pawlus

Hi
From page 1 of this topic, you posted a pic of your spindle drive wiring diagram. Terminal 33 and 34 is the field supply. I believe the supply to the drive for the field is terminal 123 and 124. 
Do you have any dc voltage on 33 and 34 with respect to each other?  

I wouldnt try to run the motor without field voltage, the drive will overcurrent and may damage the armature, or itself. that is the reason for the component FP1. it is intended to disable the drive armature circuit when there is no field on the motor. 

Henk

Hi
I have 2 sets of drawing for this machine. The second one seems to be more right, the first one have lots of wrong numbers on terminals and stuff.

I followed the wires from 123 & 124 before today and concluded that they where in the right place. Now when I measured it I didn't have any voltage there, so I didn't got it right obviously. It's plugged in now and the spindel is running! So it was the power supply for the field voltage that was missing. Great feeling. Thanks

However, it only runs in one direction. If I switch the +-10V cables (Pin 56,14) it will run in the oposite direction.

Attachments:

More
03 Aug 2022 19:36 #248965 by Kevin_Pawlus

The motor is extremely slow, it's barley moving at all. I don't have any field voltage either, 

I think that these will be linked.....

There may be a separate power supply for the field voltage.  Possibly nothing more than a rectifier and a capacitor (maybe not even a capacitor)  as 310V is what you get from rectified 230V AC. 

You are correct!
Spindel is running now. pin 123 and 124 didn't have 400V connected so that's the reason why there was no field voltage. Thanks

More
03 Aug 2022 19:40 #248966 by Henk
Chek your .ini file settings to make sure you have it set for + and - control and not 0 to some positive value.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kevin_Pawlus

Moderators: piasdom
Time to create page: 0.508 seconds