Retrofitting a TOS FNG 32 NC

More
03 Aug 2022 19:47 #248967 by Kevin_Pawlus

Chek your .ini file settings to make sure you have it set for + and - control and not 0 to some positive value.

This is the values for the spindel in .ini

[SPINDLE_0]
P = 15
I = 0
D = 0
FF0 = 1
FF1 = 0
FF2 = 0
BIAS = 0
DEADBAND = 0
MAX_OUTPUT = 2000
OUTPUT_SCALE = 2000
OUTPUT_MIN_LIMIT = -2000
OUTPUT_MAX_LIMIT = 2000

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Aug 2022 22:53 #248983 by andypugh
Can you attach the HAL file?
(You need to be linking spindle.0.speed-out and not speed-out-abs, for example.

linuxcnc.org/docs/stable/html/man/man9/m....html#SPINDLE%20PINS
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kevin_Pawlus

More
04 Aug 2022 12:12 - 04 Aug 2022 12:57 #249026 by Kevin_Pawlus
Yes.

It seems like if I run the spindle at the lowest speed it will slowly ramp up and run very fast in about 10 seconds. I think some setting is making my Mesaboard output 10v.

I also started to work with Classicladder. Having trouble to save and open previous files. When I start LinuxCNC with CL I only see a blank space in "Sections Manager" and dont know how to acces my ladder program I just created and saved.

Attachments:
Last edit: 04 Aug 2022 12:57 by Kevin_Pawlus.

More
04 Aug 2022 12:51 #249029 by Henk
Replied by Henk on topic Retrofitting a TOS FNG 32 NC
In your .ini file, make the spindle P zero. I doubt that you have a spindle encoder set up at this moment, so it will be zero and the PID will increase the output to try and reach the speed setpoint. With P=0 and FF1=1, the PID does nothing, just passes the input to the output, which is what you want if there is no feedback set up.

Then play with the OUPUT_SCALE value to calibrate the actual speed if you have something at hand to measure the actual speed. Otherwise measure the tacho feedback voltage from the motor. It should be 20V/1000RPM but could be something else.

When LCNC is running, switch on the spindle, then open a terminal and type "setp [HMOT](CARD0).7i77.0.1.analogout5-scalemax xxxx"
where xxxx is the new value you want to test. you may have to replace the "[HMOT](CARD0)" with the actual card description as it appears in hal configuration.

More
04 Aug 2022 13:09 #249034 by Kevin_Pawlus
Right, there is no encoder feedback.
It's working now. With P=0 and FF0=1
Thanks.

More
04 Aug 2022 16:15 #249049 by Henk
Replied by Henk on topic Retrofitting a TOS FNG 32 NC
Forgot to mention above, once you figured out the output scale value using the halcmd approach, ypu need to updatw your .ini file manually with the correct value and save it.

More
04 Aug 2022 16:44 #249051 by tommylight
Output scale can also be tuned in "calibration" menu, and settings saved without restarting LinuxCNC.

More
04 Aug 2022 22:58 #249078 by scotth
Replied by scotth on topic Retrofitting a TOS FNG 32 NC
I would put "EP1" relay in the spindle enable string to avoid this problem. Lack of field on spindle startup will draw max current and not start. Field loss at speed is even worse, it will get you a runaway condition. DC motors will throw windings at over speed.

More
05 Aug 2022 09:39 #249105 by Kevin_Pawlus
I tried to cut some chips today. It works really good. 
Still some things to do of course like programing the buttons. Everything is plugged in and I can see that I get the signal when I push the button. 

I did about 2 hours of milling and noticed that Y-motor is getting really hot. So hot that the paint is melting so that's something that needs to be fixed. There is some backlash in Y so you can hear the motor always going back and forth all the time, I don't know if this is the reason. X motor is also quite hot, I don't think its too hot though.  Z is only a bit warm. 

Attachments:

More
05 Aug 2022 22:03 #249164 by andypugh
If it was dithering inside the backlash it would be under no load, so probably wouldn't make much heat.

Can you move the axis with the motor unpowered? Try to feel if something is unusually stiff (thrust bearings are a likely culprit)

Moderators: piasdom
Time to create page: 0.142 seconds