Schaublin 125-CNC retrofit.

More
26 Nov 2023 13:20 #286547 by RotarySMP
Hi Guys,
Sorry I forgot to link in my last couple of Schaublin videos.

Cheer,
Mark
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, besriworld, spumco, smc.collins

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Dec 2023 17:39 #289011 by spumco
Replied by spumco on topic Schaublin 125-CNC retrofit.
Thanks for the latest vid Mark.  My first attempt at a custom-wired matrix was painful.

Question... how do/did you arrange the joystick (i.e. row/column) inputs to permit angle jogging on a matrix?  I was under the impression that being able to trigger more than one input at a time requires some finesse (and the diodes?)

More
27 Dec 2023 18:05 #289192 by RotarySMP
This joystick only mechanically allows single axis jogging. No diagonal. I wanted it like that.
Cheers,
Mark
The following user(s) said Thank You: spumco, smc.collins

More
07 Jan 2024 12:42 #290084 by RotarySMP

Anyone have any input on why the Gmoccapy spindle override doesn't work CCW? I guess could add an abs comp in the signal change before passing off the rpm to Gmoccapy.

What about the turtle jog behavior? I don't see a way to switch the behavior to default to turtle, and need the button held to rabbit jog fast. That seems safer than the current behavior.

More
07 Jan 2024 18:20 #290127 by spumco
Mark,

I think you're on the right track for SRO, but it might help if you posted your hal/config for the spindle, but maybe try this for turtle jog:

First thing to check is if pin gmoccapy.jog.turtle-jog is high or low on startup. (halshow)

The use setp in post-gui hal to set it to the state you want.  If you can't setp because it's already connected to the matrix key, use sets on the signal and maybe need to connect to the matrix-not pin.

Something to think about... I assume you'll be using your joystick to jog continuous (mostly).  Do you really want to require a two-handed rapid jog?

This is obviously personal preference, but I think I'd either set up a toggle for the turtle/rabbit, or I'd disable to turtle/rabbit and set up a multiswitch component with 3 or 4 jog percentages and cycle through them with the momentary.

Starts up at 5% of max_vel, then 25%, then 50%, and loops back to 10% (or whatever you want)

The following user(s) said Thank You: RotarySMP

More
23 Feb 2024 21:01 #294116 by RotarySMP
Hi All,
I am struggling with variable assignment in Classic ladder, and would appreciate help with some syntax please.

As I have a back gear and the variator in my lathe drive train, and neither has feedback, but need the gear ratio for S words in G-code to map to the correct VFD control voltage, I need to calculate the gear ratio. Since I can infer motor speed, and measure spindle speed, the ratio can be calculated in real time.

This can be calculated based on VFD commanded frequency (in volts, multiplied by a constant for RPM, (lets call it C= 60 for now)),  divided by spindle encoder RPM out.
If I do it in classic ladder, I can have this gear ratio calculated at the servo thread rate. I intend to net this calculated ratio to the scale.gear.gain variable, so that G-Code can command an S speed, and actually get that speed set.

Inputs:
The encoder readout of spindle speed (RPM) is netted to classicladder.0.floatin-00 which is %IF0 within the ladder interface.
The spindle speed command output voltage (0-10V) to the VFD is netted to classicladder.0.floatin-01 which is %IF1 within the ladder interface.
Output:
%QF0 is classicladder.0.floatout-00

I am struggling to get classic ladder to do the math within the variable assignment box.
%QF0=%IF0 works.
%QF0=%IF1/IF0 errors. The helpful error message is that I need @xx/yy@,   symbols around the calculation.
%QF0=5/10 seems to work though.
%QF0=@%IF0/%IF1@ converts to %B0300/0%B1300/1?? (question marks are also from classic ladder)
Does anyone know the syntax to perform division on the values of two variables within classic ladders "#assignment" box please? I have reread and reread the docs but it says nothing about the use of the @.

Thanks
Mark

More
23 Feb 2024 22:16 #294129 by spumco
Mark,

Don't know if this helps, but I also had problems with variable syntax.

As displayed in the ladder view when it first opens, variables appear as such (my spindle speed interlock example)

%ABS(%IF0)<1%

But if I open the editor, select modify, then select the variable, the following is displayed in the Properties pop-up

ABS(%IF0)<1

i.e. no extra % signs.  The first one doesn't work if i paste that in to the editor, but the second one does.

So maybe try:

%QF0=(%IF1)/(%IF0)

And disregard the @ symbols.

I've also discovered some sort of bug in Ladder that causes it to crash when I click on a vairable without the editor open... but I suspect that may be related to my particular installation if you're not experiencing similar problems.
forum.linuxcnc.org/25-classicladder/5165...dder-crashing#293056

More
24 Feb 2024 05:20 #294174 by cmorley
Replied by cmorley on topic Schaublin 125-CNC retrofit.
Also keep in mind floats are truncated to S32 internally
so 1.6 internally will be 1

If you need the fractional part, then you could multiply everything by a hundred or a thousand before the calculation and divide by the same after.

More
24 Feb 2024 22:20 - 25 Feb 2024 06:34 #294269 by RotarySMP
Thanks guys. The brackets around the variables works. I didn't get much time on the lathe today, so I didn't have a chance to scale 100x and back yet.

I can see that for this part, I really need to find a couple of quiet days and learn how to do this in a Comp. Rod generously wrote me a draft comp for the variator control back in August, but I still haven't found the time to install it and build on it.
forum.linuxcnc.org/26-turning/41498-scha...fit?start=540#277475
Mark
Last edit: 25 Feb 2024 06:34 by RotarySMP.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw

More
25 Feb 2024 03:30 #294323 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Schaublin 125-CNC retrofit.
I could not even remember writing that. It will be interesting to see how well it works when you get to it!

Moderators: piasdom
Time to create page: 0.575 seconds