Schaublin 125-CNC retrofit.

More
10 Jun 2024 17:10 #302763 by RotarySMP
I used the Schaublin...

Anyone know why I get such a weird spindle speed display at this point?

Cheers,
Mark
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, spumco, smc.collins

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Jun 2024 17:48 #302765 by Aciera
Replied by Aciera on topic Schaublin 125-CNC retrofit.
Maybe the same problem described here:
forum.linuxcnc.org/20-g-code/44739-g96-issue

More
10 Jun 2024 20:59 #302779 by spumco
Replied by spumco on topic Schaublin 125-CNC retrofit.

I used the Schaublin...

Do you need a parting tool and inserted threading bar donation?

If you just want a recommendation, I've been pretty happy with the MGMN double-ended holders & inserts (2mm & 3mm), as well as the lay-down insert threading bars.

For small threads P Horn ($$) and Micro 100 ($) solid carbide are nice.

Now get the tool changer going!
The following user(s) said Thank You: RotarySMP

More
11 Jun 2024 07:48 #302798 by RotarySMP
Thanks for the offer. I just received a care package with three parting tool holders in it, so I should be good for the next two attempted parting moves :/

Yeah, I know, but I am on a welding trip at the moment. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: spumco

More
11 Jun 2024 08:01 - 11 Jun 2024 08:03 #302799 by RotarySMP
Thanks for that link.  If I understand that thread correctly, LCNC is trying to continue to accelerate the spindle to infinite as the radius approaches zero, although there is a MAX_OUTPUT = 2000 in the ini file.

I need to a Dxxx value to my PP to limit it.
I had set my work and tool offsets, so X0 was (should have been) the center of rotation.

It is not the old Gmoccapy issue at the bottom of that thread, as that bug was squashed by Norbert many versions ago.
Cheers,
mark
Last edit: 11 Jun 2024 08:03 by RotarySMP.

More
11 Jun 2024 15:33 #302832 by spumco
Replied by spumco on topic Schaublin 125-CNC retrofit.

Thanks for the offer. I just received a care package with three parting tool holders in it, so I should be good for the next two attempted parting moves :/

Yeah, I know, but I am on a welding trip at the moment. :)

I sympathize with your procrastination.

Assuming the ATC positions can handle both a stick tool and a drill/bore tool at the same time, getting the logic & data management sorted out for that ATC (and rear tool holder) is going to be a challenge with the 'stock' LCNC tool table.

Regarding the threading & swarf management... Maybe use a LH threading tool/insert and run the lathe in reverse.  i.e. cut a RH thread back to front and drag the swarf out.  (need a LH tool/insert so the helix angle is correct for the reversed motion)

It doesn't work quite as well if the spindle is going really fast or you have a steep thread since there isn't as much (or any) Z-axis lead-in to accelerate.  But for large, fine(ish) threads it works quite well, as does using the threading tool to cut a thread relief groove near the shoulder to give you a little accel room.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RotarySMP

More
12 Jun 2024 09:22 #302864 by RotarySMP
This tool changer is pretty huge for such a little machine, so there will be a probablity approaching 1 of me crashing a part into tailstock once I get it running. I am hoping it is just gummed up with the same snot that gummed up the rest of the machine, and just need s a good clean out. This reminds me I still need some small adapters to connect the air lines into the existing system (Schaublin runs the ATC air through a combined electric/pneumatic cannon plug).
The following user(s) said Thank You: spumco

Moderators: piasdom
Time to create page: 0.243 seconds