Schaublin 125-CNC retrofit.

More
04 Jul 2023 09:23 #274732 by Emco2342
Hi Mark,

Thanks for clarification on using the AC servos.
In the mean time I found some answers on how to hookup the DG4S drives to 7i76 as I'm still trying too keep the DC servos...

Best regards,

Frans

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Jul 2023 14:31 - 04 Jul 2023 14:34 #274747 by RotarySMP
Nice one. How are you converting the Syncho's output to signal the drive can read? Or will you just replace them with encoders?

I have a servo drive set from CNC Drives. It is a tiny little three axis system which was there first product a couple of decades ago. I havent used it yet.
Last edit: 04 Jul 2023 14:34 by RotarySMP.

More
04 Jul 2023 20:15 #274785 by RotarySMP
I finally got back to my Schaublin conversion, and am just trying to get Andy's lathe macros installed and working. I am missing something here. Still on 2.8 with Gmoccapy. I saw the issues with NUC's performance on 2.9, and think I'll stick with what is working fine for now.
The macros are installed and linked:

If I click on one, loads it.

I thought I had all the necessary widgets added to my INI, but the SVG picture and selection boxes are not there, nor any extra tab.
Here is the directory structure:

I have attached my INI. I'd appreciate if someone could point out my error/ omission.
Attachments:

More
05 Jul 2023 18:57 - 05 Jul 2023 19:09 #274844 by RotarySMP
I have been working through Andy's Lathe macro thread, and picked out a couple of nuggets which have moved me along in getting this installed and working.I now have the tab installed. 
However I don't have the start button available: 

What do I need to add to get that button?Also, the scaling of the input fields needs to be adjusted. It is not clear to me what I need to do to modify that.Any suggestions to address these two issues is greatly appreciated.

The INI is attached below.
Attachments:
Last edit: 05 Jul 2023 19:09 by RotarySMP.

More
06 Jul 2023 00:05 #274870 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Schaublin 125-CNC retrofit.
You can't run a program on the MDI tab. Click on the button below MDI to enter auto mode and I;m sure you will find what you are looking for!
The following user(s) said Thank You: RotarySMP

More
06 Jul 2023 04:28 #274877 by Aciera
Replied by Aciera on topic Schaublin 125-CNC retrofit.
You might already have seen this but here was a discussion about that button not showing and andy seems to have posted a fix here:
forum.linuxcnc.org/41-guis/26550-lathe-macros?start=400#271603
The following user(s) said Thank You: RotarySMP

More
07 Jul 2023 19:56 #274957 by RotarySMP
Thanks for your help guys. And a big thanks to Andy for doing the lathe macros. That is a really nice conversational interface.

I now have it up and running. That last UI update has the button visible, and corrects the input field sizes.

I have a half-arsed rough spindle scaling set up, but am getting to the point where I have to stop procrastinating, and sort out my over complicated spindle control algrythm.

The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, spumco

More
07 Jul 2023 21:16 #274972 by spumco
Replied by spumco on topic Schaublin 125-CNC retrofit.

I have a half-arsed rough spindle scaling set up, but am getting to the point where I have to stop procrastinating, and sort out my over complicated spindle control algrythm.

I remember some discussion a while back about how best to control the variator vs. VFD.  Did you ever sort out the philosophy or goal (for lack of better tems)?  i.e.
  • Variator at max reduction possible
  • Raise vfd from there to meet target rpm
  • Adjust variator if VFD would exceed some frequency
Just curious what you worked out.

More
08 Jul 2023 05:41 #274991 by RotarySMP
So far haven't got beyond thoughts and aspirations to implementation yet.

I think I will run the variator open loop with dead reckoning. Basically one of 4 ratios, with one second of "speed up" or "slow down" command between ratios.

My rough concept would be:
- While stationary, based on the commanded speed, the back gear is selected between 1:1 and 1:7.
- start spindle
- set the variator to nearest ratio
- VFD runs closed loop to control the commanded speed.

On CSS Facing cuts, each time the VFD commanded voltage reaches it's limit up or down, the variator is commanded to change gear.

Since I cant program in C, I would like to do this in classic ladder. I don't have much idea of how I will actually achieve that either, hence the procrastination. That I am good at :)
Cheers,
Mark

The following user(s) said Thank You: spumco

More
08 Jul 2023 10:04 #275017 by spumco
Replied by spumco on topic Schaublin 125-CNC retrofit.
Maybe someone will write you a "2+infinity+infinity.comp"

Seriously... here's a gent who duplicated the Fadal 'pozi-drive' two-speed belt w/VFD system on his mill:

github.com/PeterMue/ZX45-LinuxCNC

Doesn't have everything you need, but may save some time during the thinkin' phase.

Moderators: piasdom
Time to create page: 0.382 seconds