Emcoturn 120 lathe retrofit

More
06 Jul 2016 00:21 - 06 Jul 2016 00:22 #77062 by LutzTD
Replied by LutzTD on topic Emcoturn 120 lathe retrofit
I have the file modified. but I cant figure why I am not getting 2 lights on the mesa card. The 24v power one is lit but the logic power one is not. I am only applying 24vdc (+) at pins 1,2,3&4 and (-) at pin 8 of TB1. I have the W1 junper in the left position which I thought would also power the logic but I am not getting the logic power light.

I think I am also still using the wrong version of linuxcnc. I have an rtai build and an rt build. All the work I have done so far I think is in the rtai version. I think I will have to remove the rtai version but its going to take a couple setup files withit. Since I no longer have internet connection restoring those will make me backtrack to get the internet working again....
Last edit: 06 Jul 2016 00:22 by LutzTD.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jul 2016 00:31 #77064 by LutzTD
looks like logic power comes from tb3. I will jump this and see if it is the problem.

Attachments:

More
06 Jul 2016 03:58 - 06 Jul 2016 04:00 #77069 by LutzTD
I added the connection for 24vdc on the TB3 connector and the logic power light is now lit. With the computer on it flashes the 4 green user LEDs in sequence and I can ping the mesa card now. So that looks OK. as far as the linux install. I have two choices at startup. The rtai seems to work for linuxcnc, but it may be a configuration issue. When I start in the "rt" version it will not run linuxcnc. any thoughts? I don't start in recovery mode but I have to move the cursor or it automatically chooses the first configuration. I just wanted to get the picture.

Attachments:
Last edit: 06 Jul 2016 04:00 by LutzTD.

More
06 Jul 2016 09:00 #77073 by andypugh
To use the hm2_eth driver you need to be running the preempt-rt kernel and the matching version of linuxCNC.

Instructions here. section 7.1
linuxcnc.org/docs/2.7/html/getting-start...th_preempt_rt_kernel

Check steps 1-4 but you shouldn't have to do anything, you should already be there. Start at "Add the LinuxCNC Archive Signing Key to your apt keyring"

More
06 Jul 2016 11:24 #77074 by LutzTD
ok thanx. So it seems now would be a good time to hang the usb network adapter onto this box so I can do the updates. What would my /etc/network/interfaces file look like to add the additional network? I commented out everything in that file except the manual ip settings because it was trying to connect to the old network when I booted.

More
06 Jul 2016 18:20 #77095 by LutzTD
another option would be to download the required files to a usb to update the rt version. is this possible?

More
06 Jul 2016 19:32 #77101 by andypugh
It's possible. You just need the .deb files.
buildbot.linuxcnc.org/dists/wheezy/2.7-rtpreempt/binary-i386/

(work back up and down again if not using Wheezy 32-bit.)
You want the most recent linuxcnc-uspace file.
Then
sudo dpkg -i linuxcnc-uspace_2.7.4.138.g2ed2210_i386.deb

(I think)

More
06 Jul 2016 22:11 #77107 by LutzTD
Im going to try the net first. Im guessing I just need to uncomment the original lines in my /etc/network/interfaces file and replace the eth0 with eth1 for those lines.

More
06 Jul 2016 23:54 #77110 by LutzTD
got the net by commenting out all of the new lines and uncommenting the old lines in the /etc/network/interfaces file. I guess my network adapter doesn't work with linux. I get this

user@linuxcnc:~$ ls /sys/class/net
eth0 lo

I think I should see usb0 which would be that adapter.

I did get all of the preempt rt steps completed. now I guess I need to load the hm2_eth?

More
07 Jul 2016 00:06 #77111 by andypugh

I did get all of the preempt rt steps completed. now I guess I need to load the hm2_eth?

hm2_eth is a part of LinuxCNC.

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.281 seconds