2nd stage of Crusader II retrofit

More
02 Aug 2018 20:16 #115433 by OT-CNC

I reconnected the P4 connector with all wires and that brought up the 15vdc power on the amp cards and all three axis locked up.

Good, so the drives enable. Did the drives not enable when flipping the toggle switch on the back of the box with only the 2 wires coming from the man/auto switch? There is a possibility you may be feeding 120v back into the 801 with the other wires still connected?! (Again, I followed what others have done. You may want to double check a wiring diagram to make sure you're okay with the additional connections on that connector) I'm guessing it powers the other ice cube relays for m functions.

I don't have read-out from any of the axis I am thinking something is not providing power to the scales but not sure what.

Assuming you have 5v going to the encoders, did you set the 7i77 jumpers for single ended? Manual says jumper set to the left hand for single ended.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Aug 2018 20:26 - 02 Aug 2018 20:29 #115434 by jamby
Wow, it looks like I didn't press submit after writing my last post??

Anyway I have the readouts working since moving all the TB3 jumpers to the right.
Now the problem is Y-axis again. It powers up but dosen't respond to jog commands both the other axis do.

Jim

Edit: yes they don't enable with the switch in manual. And I removed the other wires from P4.
Last edit: 02 Aug 2018 20:29 by jamby.

More
03 Aug 2018 02:55 #115479 by OT-CNC

I have the readouts working since moving all the TB3 jumpers to the right.

Good, so just to clarify, you switched the jumper position from the default to the other "right". Left for single ended unless you don't have the stock scales.

Now the problem is Y-axis again. It powers up but dosen't respond to jog commands both the other axis do.

When it powers up, is the Y axis locked? When you try to jog the Y, do you get a joint following error? We are back to the same questions raised before. You ruled out the drive before by swapping with the X. Any chance you have a bad keyboard? Did you try executing a G code Y move in mdi? Anything change in your config and ini files?

More
03 Aug 2018 04:04 #115482 by jamby
OT-CNC

Y-axis "locks up" when the machine is enabled.
Yes the Y-axis errors out when jogged.
The jog is done by mouse on the Axis Interface and the cutter on screen can be seen to move.
Quite a bit has changed in the hal file not much in the ini.

What would happen if I swapped the X Y connections at the 7i77 TB5 drv 0 and 1?

Jim

More
03 Aug 2018 05:43 #115486 by tommylight

The jog is done by mouse on the Axis Interface and the cutter on screen can be seen to move.
Quite a bit has changed in the hal file not much in the ini.

What would happen if I swapped the X Y connections at the 7i77 TB5 drv 0 and 1?

Jim

That is supposed to happen if you have the loop closed in Linuxcnc, the tool on screen should not move if the actual axis is not moving, and it should throw a joint error very quickly when jogging. Check that hal file, there seems to be something weird there.
If you swap the drv connectors, you have to swap also the encoder for those axis.

More
03 Aug 2018 11:49 #115501 by OT-CNC
Lets look at your files first. You risk a runaway when swapping the drv and encoder connections if any of the axis are configured differently in direction.

More
03 Aug 2018 13:00 #115511 by tommylight
Also do not do anything before making sure that any error in linuxcnc can disable the drives. That ensures the motors will not run off and hit/break/fly off the building is case of any errors.

More
03 Aug 2018 13:21 #115514 by jamby
I am all for the safest course. Here's a copy of my current hal and ini files.

Thanks
Jim
Attachments:

More
03 Aug 2018 13:32 #115517 by OT-CNC
Ini shows ax_velocity instead of max for the Y.

More
03 Aug 2018 21:27 #115554 by jamby
OT-CNC, Tommylight

I corrected the ini file to read MAX_V and tried again. Same problem, Y-axis enables but does not jog continuous or incremental.

I did try probing the TB5 AOUT0 AOUT1 AOUT2 pins at the screw lock downs. X & Z axis show voltage +/- when jogged. Y axis shows nothing.

Not sure what to make of this but... or why there is no voltage.
I tried reading voltage without the wire in the connection and then there is voltage.

Thank you both for your help
Jim

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.551 seconds