2nd stage of Crusader II retrofit

More
13 Jul 2018 04:00 #114107 by jamby
PCW
Does the definitions in the hal file make any difference?
Jim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jul 2018 09:20 #114119 by andypugh

PCW
Does the definitions in the hal file make any difference?
Jim

Not with the serially-addressed IO on the 7i77.

More
13 Jul 2018 20:05 #114145 by jamby
Well I checked it with 24 vdc on the pins directly and had the same results.
The screen dump below shows the pins before checking.
The TB8 pins that show the red color at the start are the problem.
Is the any other test or are they just bad?
I don't need that many io's so it isn't a problem now.

Currently I have a single main power switch at the back of the control box. It powers up both power supplies ( 24 / 5 vdc and 12 vdc ).
There have been several times during this testing when it would have been nice to shut down the 7i77 without having to power off the computer too.
I am thinking of having a separate power switch for the 7i77. Good idea??

thanks
Jim
Attachments:

More
13 Jul 2018 20:52 #114150 by OT-CNC
7i77 needs power to be recognized. Mine is on before the PC powers up.
Any progress on the Y?

More
13 Jul 2018 23:28 #114155 by jamby
Nothing on Y axis yet. Busy all weak (no thats not a misprint) end with the A/C job

I did post local with some metal workers, looking for any shop that works on servo motors and found someone that does and may have spares.

Yet to see.

Thanks
Jim

More
15 Jul 2018 14:03 #114216 by jamby
I guess the reason I keep asking about being able to power the motherboard / computer without powering the 7i77 is because with old setup I could do this and I found it handy for ftp-ing programs to the machine from here at my desk before going to the shop to run them.
In fact the old setup the computer was powered up 24/7 since in its dual boot capacity it also operated a security camera. In this setup the computer won't be doing this however.

Thanks
Jim

More
15 Jul 2018 14:18 #114218 by PCW
You can certainly power up the machine controller PC without powering up the 7I77
You just cannot launch LinuxCNC on the controller PC until all I/O hardware is powered, so leaving the PC on to allow file transfers is fine

More
15 Jul 2018 17:36 - 15 Jul 2018 18:16 #114224 by jamby
OT-CNC

Well I started looking into the Y axis problem. Note: westamp drive cards were previously swapped. Attached a 9vdc battery to the two leads coming off the inductor and the Y axis moved. So looks like its not the servo motor but maybe the inductor.
Thinking of swapping the inductors between X and Y axis to see if that has any effect? Is there any risk of damage??

Thanks
Jim

Well I tried the swap of the inductors and it made no difference. I can only think that there maybe a reset on the servo motor?
No ideas here.

Thanks
Jim
Last edit: 15 Jul 2018 18:16 by jamby.

More
15 Jul 2018 20:38 - 15 Jul 2018 20:41 #114238 by OT-CNC
Well, if the Y axis moved that would indicate that the motor and wiring to it should be okay. We can also rule out the drive since swapping it, it worked on the X. Sounds like the inductors are fine as well since swapping them didn't didn't change the result. How's the wiring from the inductor to the board??

Did you check the +-15v from the PS to J3 on the drive?

Also, since you have something odd going on with your inputs on the 7i77, is there a chance the +-10V output from the 7i77 to the Y is not working? Not sure though if that would prevent the drive from locking the motor even if the drive is powered on? Let's have someone else confirm that before you try the next thing.
Last edit: 15 Jul 2018 20:41 by OT-CNC.

More
16 Jul 2018 17:25 #114315 by jamby
OT-CNC

I went out this morning and checked the 15vdc power to the westamp boards XYZ all read the same 15.4, 0, 15.1 down the three wires at J3, Then on the J4 terminal I get 119 on the orange wire coming from the large capacitor at all axis and on the purple wire from J4 to the inductor I get 60 on XZ but only 3.6 on Y axis.

Jim

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds