2nd stage of Crusader II retrofit

More
07 Jul 2018 14:46 - 07 Jul 2018 14:54 #113674 by OT-CNC
You should be getting a joint following error if the axis in question is not moving when commanded. Are the encoders counting when you move the hand wheels with the drives powered off? If a drive is not powered up or errors out (check leds on the drive) you will not get movement and should throw a joint following error if the encoders are reading correctly. You could also be stuck on a limit switch? Although I think the gui will display that and show no motion on that axis. Keyboard going bad?? Another thought is are you on soft limits? But that usually limits only one direction.
Last edit: 07 Jul 2018 14:54 by OT-CNC. Reason: added soft limits

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Jul 2018 16:33 #113683 by andypugh
If you switch the GUI display between "commanded" and "actual" position do they both move?

If they do, then it's something mechanical like a broken belt or loose coupling.

If they don't then you should get a following-error pretty quickly.

You can check that the HAL pin ...7i77.analogout.NN is changing, and then make sure that the analogue voltage at the terminals is also changing.

More
07 Jul 2018 17:35 - 07 Jul 2018 17:37 #113691 by jamby
OTCNC & andypugh

This morning when I went out to work on the mill, when powered up Y axis is not enabling. Both the other axis are powered up and the hand wheel can not be moved (groan from servos) but Y axis free to move. Servo is not under power

OTCNC
Yes it kicks out a following error if moved to far. Yes the xyz axis on the screen display movement on each axis as the hand wheel is moved. All limit switches, especially Y axis are clear. Soft limits should not be in play as all axis are in the plus side (inside the soft envelop).

andypugh
I don't know how to shift between the "commanded" and "actual". I am using the axis gui
I looked in the "hal configuration" panel but didn't find the pin ...7i77.analogout.NN . Does it need to be in "Show" to see the change?
How do I go about "make sure that the analogue voltage at the terminals is also changing." ?
Is that checking at the screw heads on the TB5 terminals with a volt meter for voltage?

General Question

Is it the westamp cards that control the servo motors? both bringing them under power and transmitting the motion command.

As always I am sure its something I did during the rewiring.
Thanks to Both
Jim
Last edit: 07 Jul 2018 17:37 by jamby.

More
07 Jul 2018 17:55 - 07 Jul 2018 17:56 #113695 by OT-CNC
Okay, it sounds like the drive is not enabling for some reason. When you look at the LEDs on the Y drive are any lit up? If so, there is a small reset switch next to the LEDs that may clear any errors on the drive. They should all be off. I assume you have the servo dynamics units on your?

My Z drive has been acting up but after clearing the error it's good to go still. Wonder for how much longer.....

sd1525
Last edit: 07 Jul 2018 17:56 by OT-CNC. Reason: link

More
07 Jul 2018 18:03 #113697 by jamby
OTCNC

I am not sure where the led's you refer to are? There doesn't appear to be any on the westamp boards.

I read the first page of the hal tutoral and set a watch on the x y and z hm2_5i25.0.7i77.0.1.analogoutX X and Z both show changes from 0 to -0.01xxx but Y stays still at 0

Thanks
Jim

More
07 Jul 2018 18:11 #113698 by andypugh
Which enable channel is the Y servo connected to?

Enable 5 is special:
www.mesanet.com/pdf/parallel/7i77man.pdf

SERVO ENABLE OUTPUTS
Six uncommitted OPTO coupler outputs are available for drive enable. Five of these outputs are (ENA0 through ENA4) are switched in common while ENA5 can be independently switched for spindle applications. The ENA outputs are floating switches so can be used for active high and active low drive enables. Output rating of the switches is 50 mA max at 100VDC max . Note that the enable outputs are polarized and can be damaged with reverse polarity. For active high drive enables, ENAN+ should go to the appropriate positive power supply and ENAN- to the drive enable input. For active low enable drives, ENAN+ should go the the drive enable and ENAN- to control power ground.

More
07 Jul 2018 18:43 #113703 by jamby
andypugh

Y is connected to DRV 1 X=DRV 0 Z=DRV 2

Jim

More
07 Jul 2018 19:19 #113705 by andypugh
What do you mean by "DRV"?

More
07 Jul 2018 19:22 - 07 Jul 2018 19:23 #113706 by OT-CNC
Andy, I think he's only using one enable that turns on all the drives via a relay like on my setup. Not individual enables. Better have Jamby confirm that though.
First make sure the drive isn't tripping for some reason on power up. There has to be a fault LED present on the westamp. They look similar to my SD board. Jamby look at the link I posted before.
Last edit: 07 Jul 2018 19:23 by OT-CNC. Reason: sp

More
07 Jul 2018 19:23 #113707 by jamby
andy

Oh, sorry, that's from the 7i77man.pdf. It shows a drawing of the 7i77 card on pate 9 were they show each four pin connector a DRV1 DRV2 DRV3 DRV4 etc

Jim

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.264 seconds