2nd stage of Crusader II retrofit

More
21 May 2018 21:16 #110991 by jamby
OT-CNC

Could I get a copy of your hal file?

Thanks
Jim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 May 2018 21:25 #110992 by BigJohnT
J1900 should be a good motherboard.

Any output can be connected to the auto oiler. Depending on the oiler type you might need a little classicladder to cycle the oiler.

JT

More
22 May 2018 02:33 #111009 by OT-CNC
Hey Jim,

I'm glad it powered up! What type of oiler do you have? I put a 110v bijur on mine but it's timer is a bit fast and shoots oil every 20 min. My machine is dripping in way oil. Not so bad when things are moving but wasteful when idling. I have it set on the wrong pin. Been to lazy to fix it. I need to link it to motion of sorts instead of having it come on when the machine is enabled.
Let me know how your pc works out. I'm interested in a good replacement.
I can get you my ini and hal but I'm away at the moment. I would start with a basic pnc config. It actually worked for me to get going. I then added a bunch of MPG and spindle encoder stuff manually. If your setup is not identical to mine it will throw a bunch of errors.

JT,

Do you have a classic ladder sample for your oiler? What type of oiler do you have?

More
22 May 2018 16:45 #111033 by OT-CNC
Attached is a work in progress HAL and INI copy I found on my PC. I'm away from the machine at the moment. My Z encoder is not stock so you'll have to have a closer look at the ini and set it up to match yours. Also mine has home switches.

-OT
Attachments:

More
22 May 2018 22:57 - 22 May 2018 23:01 #111039 by jamby
OT-CNC

I wasn't going to copy them into my system but I wanted to use the hal file as an example that might cut down the number of dumb question I'll have to make.

Thanks
Jim
Last edit: 22 May 2018 23:01 by jamby.

More
23 May 2018 20:10 - 23 May 2018 20:12 #111071 by jamby
Well I got back to the garage today and got some shots of the oiler. Its a Interlube that came with the machine and after some initial problems its been working well. I had to clean the lines and replace some of the tubing, Was a tough time finding the right size of tubing anywhere around here. I used some epoxy to glue a home made patch into the line in one place and have had to squeeze the tubing down to slow all the oil coming out at the column.

Is there a way to include the pictures but as thumbnails?

Thanks
Jim

model number

the rod with the butterfly on it is a manual squirt

the distribution block
Attachments:
Last edit: 23 May 2018 20:12 by jamby.

More
24 May 2018 15:26 #111087 by andypugh
Stylish bodge, that wall anchor :-)

More
25 May 2018 11:50 #111111 by OT-CNC
I have no problem with you copying my hal and ini or using it as a template. I just want you to get this thing up and running:)
I assume your pump uses resistance/metering fittings like the bijur. It should not just pour out of one area. I see the crimp took care of that. Possibly clogged metering units elsewhere?

More
25 May 2018 19:43 #111125 by jamby
Andy ?? remember your dealing with someone born in the 1940's

OT-CNC
Well since I am only now finally trying to finish this conversion you can be sure you'll get lots of dumb questions before I do any thing to exciting. But without your and the forums help I would never have gotten any where. I am ordering up a motherboard, memory and a bunch of etc. But the holiday weekend will hold thinks up for a while.

Thanks
Jim

More
27 May 2018 16:23 #111190 by jamby
Well maybe it wont cut down on the dumb questions.

1) the TB2 connector, pins 1-3 are hot with dcv. neg goes into 6 from the power supply only. power for the limit switches and e-stop can be taken from 1-3.

2) the connection (speaking of one switch only) doesn't mater which leg (pos/neg) goes thru which side of the switch. The circuit goes from pos TB1 thru the switch back to any of the IO connections on TB7 or TB8 pins 1 to 16.

3) the TB7/8 connection must be defined in the HAL file as a limit switch. Much in the same way the e-stop is defined.
like this ?

loadrt estop_latch
addf estop-latch.0 servo-thread
net estop-loopout iocontrol.0.emc-enable-in <= estop-latch.0.ok-out
net estop-loopin iocontrol.0.user-enable-out => estop-latch.0.ok-in
net estop-reset iocontrol.0.user-request-enable => estop-latch.0.reset
net remote-estop estop-latch.0.fault-in <= hm2_5i25.0.7i77.0.0.input-00-not

I haven't found an example of the limit switch I was expecting so I maybe wildly off how they are defined.

Thanks for your time.
Jim

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.310 seconds