2nd stage of Crusader II retrofit

More
10 Jul 2018 16:13 - 10 Jul 2018 16:14 #113952 by jamby
andy

I mentioned the changes in the output pin to show that I was looking at the correct tab "watch". It does however show the changing state of the enable as the servos start up.
I am still stymied by the lack of any change in the limit pins when I can see the change at the pin on the multimeter? I've been over the wiring trying to see where I went wrong. This had been work before the change to the new control box. So most likely I made a error in the change over but I can't see what?

Thanks
Jim
Last edit: 10 Jul 2018 16:14 by jamby. Reason: remove second signiture

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Jul 2018 16:17 #113953 by andypugh

I am still stymied by the lack of any change in the limit pins when I can see the change at the pin on the multimeter?

What does the voltage change to and from , and exactly where do you have the meter leads attached?
What type of switch are they?

More
10 Jul 2018 18:27 - 10 Jul 2018 18:36 #113962 by jamby
Andy

I am pressing the probes of the multimeter against the lock down screws at the top of TB8 pins 13,14,15 and the screw on TB2 ground. The reading is 24.7 vdc and drops to zero when the plunger type limit switch on X and Y are depressed or the micro switch on Z is triggered. Only the voltage on the individual switch changes and I have to be on the correct screw to see each axis.

Thanks
Jim

Below is a link to a photo of TB8 and the screws I am testing on.

TB8 photo
Last edit: 10 Jul 2018 18:36 by jamby. Reason: add link

More
10 Jul 2018 18:32 - 10 Jul 2018 19:22 #113963 by jamby
OT-CNC , andy

I swapped out the X for the Y westamp boards and the problem remained with Y axis. "servo power is not enabled" the servo power is turned on for all axis at once when the enable (start) button on linuxcnc is pressed (F2 button). So I assume that the problem is the SEM servo motor or the wiring to it.
I have removed the Y axis hand wheel and belt cover and the toothed belt is still in place.

thanks
Jim

Below is a picture of the SEM drive motor
Attachments:
Last edit: 10 Jul 2018 19:22 by jamby. Reason: added picture

More
10 Jul 2018 22:50 #113974 by OT-CNC
Okay good, so the axis drive card is still working. I would check the wiring inside the conduit. From the box on the motor back through the connector under the power box. Also inspect the connector/fitting as that can get pulled when the knee travels up. If it's not the wiring, inspect the brushes? The inner ones are the motor brushes and the outer are the tacho brushes. Tackle one thing at a time so not to open a can of worms...

I'm not sure what's going on with your limits. I hope Andy can steer you in the right direction. I would try another set of input pins on another tab. In case something is up with the opto isolation?

More
12 Jul 2018 14:44 #114063 by jamby
OT-CNC

Only had time this morning to run this one test, then It's on the the wife's list, as in making a window mount for her new A/C. Maybe by Sat/Sun I can get back to the important work.
I moved the pin block 8-15 from TB8 to TB7 24-31. Then edited the hal file to be

# --- BOTH-X ---
net both-x <= hm2_5i25.0.7i77.0.0.input-29-not

# --- BOTH-Y ---
net both-y <= hm2_5i25.0.7i77.0.0.input-31-not

# --- BOTH-Z ---
net both-z <= hm2_5i25.0.7i77.0.0.input-30-not

Now the led markers in "Show Hal Configuration" blink from brown to yellow as the limit switches are opened (pressed down).

So now I don't know what to think?

Thanks for the help
Jim

More
12 Jul 2018 15:19 #114068 by andypugh

I moved the pin block 8-15 from TB8 to TB7 24-31.
Now the led markers in "Show Hal Configuration" blink from brown to yellow as the limit switches are opened (pressed down).

So now I don't know what to think?

This _could_ be a hardware fault on the card.

What happens if you now swap back?

I would suggest setting up the "Watch" tab to look at every input and then check them all with a flying lead.

More
12 Jul 2018 18:35 #114082 by jamby
andy
I have tried it both ways and 13-15 never works. It use to? I will try the flying wire check by monday I hope.

Thanks
Jim

More
13 Jul 2018 01:48 #114099 by jamby
andy

I was able to sneak out to the shop and run a flying lead check of the input pins. I set a watch on all the input-not pins and used a 24 vdc lead to touch each of the screws on top of the pins. All lights on the watch list changed between red? and yellow or vice-versa except the 8-15 pins they didn't change I also set a watch on the other choice "input" and there was no change to them either.
The screen shot below shows the state of the watch before testing.

Jim
Attachments:

More
13 Jul 2018 02:57 #114102 by PCW
I would test by removing the connectors and touch the pins

The screw may not connect to the input unless the screw is tightened and
its also possible that a connector is bad (not common but does happen)

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.261 seconds