Biesse Rover 346 Retrofit

More
01 Feb 2017 04:45 #87114 by bevins
Replied by bevins on topic Biesse Rover 346 Retrofit
Some more progress. Transfering relays and checking them one by oine. 110 relays......

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Feb 2017 19:22 - 03 Feb 2017 19:46 #87243 by bevins
Well, I have made some progress. All the startup logic is done the old control is powered down and it is running under LinuxCNC control now.
Estop and all the nice things on startup is working. External estop circuit living nicely with e-stop in gui......
A couple more inputs to deal with. before I start tackling the servo's and drives.

One issue I am having is gmoccapy.messages. Cant seem to get this working.

gmoccapy 2.2.3.1

My ini file:
MESSAGE_BOLDTEXT = LUBE SYSTEM FAULT
MESSAGE_TEXT = WAY OIL LUBRICATION TANK LOW. PLEASE REFILL BEFORE CONTINUING.
MESSAGE_TYPE = okdialog
MESSAGE_PINNAME = lubelow

postgui.hal:
net lubelow hm2_5i25.0.7i70.1.0.input-24
net gmoccapy-lubelow gmocappy.messages.lubelow

I would expect the to pop up a message with an ok button. Not happening. Inputs and signal working but not gmoccapy.messages.lubelow

I tried status type also and cannot get a message to pop up.

Got tips?

/EDIT I put the lubelow HAL pin in postgui as docs state and still the same thing.
Last edit: 03 Feb 2017 19:46 by bevins.

More
03 Feb 2017 20:02 - 03 Feb 2017 20:10 #87247 by bevins
So I have been trying everything.

If I put the pin in postgui like gmoccapy docs states the signal doesnt show up in HAL, I think I understand why but I wont be able to use it as a pin in HAL?

Also if I put it in my custom.hal, I have the signal but it still doesnt work.

/EDIT I am going to post this in the gmoccapy section.
Last edit: 03 Feb 2017 20:10 by bevins.

More
05 Feb 2017 15:08 #87341 by bevins
OK, I need some advice.... I have advanced nicely and so far no stumbling blocks.

Old control is removed. All I/O is on the mesa cards and LCNC see them and all is well.

The encoders are connected and going in the right direction. Time for the limits.......

Now the way it is wired now, the limits go directly into the drives..... good, would like them into Lcnc but I may do that later on today.

The home switches are working and they went into the old control. I intend to connect them into Lcnc but they are N/O. I dont really like that but, if the wire breaks I wont know, it will just hit the limits. Should I connect them N/C? And should I pass wires for limits into Lcnc? The drives have both +- limits wired in series going to the drives. I wont be able to do the Z very easy, would have to remove the motor and it will be a bitch. Setting the soft limits in Lcnc is enough with the hard limits going into the drives? That is the way the machine was working before.

This is a really big machine, and I want it to be correct, and not have to worry while running it. Will always be in the back of my mind that the home switches are N/O.

Can I get some advice?

Thanks,

Bob

More
05 Feb 2017 17:13 #87346 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Biesse Rover 346 Retrofit

I intend to connect them into Lcnc but they are N/O. I dont really like that but, if the wire breaks I wont know, it will just hit the limits.

That isn't a total disaster, if the limits work reliably.

And should I pass wires for limits into Lcnc?

It would be good for LinuxCNC to know, but if the limits kill the drives, then LinuxCNC will f-error anyway.
Is there any sort of fault / limit output from the drives that can be hooked into LinuxCNC.

More
05 Feb 2017 17:28 #87347 by bevins

I intend to connect them into Lcnc but they are N/O. I dont really like that but, if the wire breaks I wont know, it will just hit the limits.

That isn't a total disaster, if the limits work reliably.

And should I pass wires for limits into Lcnc?

It would be good for LinuxCNC to know, but if the limits kill the drives, then LinuxCNC will f-error anyway.
Is there any sort of fault / limit output from the drives that can be hooked into LinuxCNC.

Yeah there is two. Drive ready, and alarm out.

More
06 Feb 2017 12:59 - 06 Feb 2017 13:02 #87385 by bevins
When I want to turn on my machine on there is a green button with a light. Push the green button and the light comes on, and so I can continue and take the machine out of e-stop. If I get no green lite that means something is a miss re: no air, safety ropes are tripped or safety sensors.

Once I get a green lite, I can take the machine out of e-stop. This all works. I can put the machine in e-stop via hardware estop or in the axis gui. If I do it via axis gui the green lite wont go out. So I have the below snippet in my hal so when I put the machine goes in estop via the gui, the green lite goes out. But what happens is when I first power up linuxcnc, I get the relay firing one time. I cant figure out why...

Is it because when linuxcnc starts, it checks the status of the estop and runs the code? Why would it do that when it is already in e-stop? From my understanding this should only work when it goes from estop-false to estop true.

loadrt oneshot count=1
addf oneshot.0 servo-thread
setp oneshot.0.width 1
setp oneshot.0.retriggerable 0
setp oneshot.0.rising 1
net estop-out-gr estop-latch.0.fault-out => oneshot.0.in
net unlatch-gr <= oneshot.0.out
net unlatch-gr => hm2_5i25.0.7i71.1.2.output-17
Last edit: 06 Feb 2017 13:02 by bevins.

More
07 Feb 2017 10:55 #87447 by bevins
Made some progress. Managed to get the X and Y tuned pretty close.
I have to work on the Z because it is stiing at bottom on the limit switch. It uses air compensation to help it lift, and for the brake. It wont drop when I disable it because the air holds it up. But left overnight without air on the machine, because of the exhaust of air valves and/or leaks, it will slowly drop overnight.
So I have to figure out how to get it off the limit switch.

One issue I have to look at today, without homing and I go into mdi to try and move it, first it wont move in mdi and second when I go back to auto, both arrow keys move in one direction only and with the min speed. this is wierd.

Anyway here is the video.

More
07 Feb 2017 12:40 #87451 by Todd Zuercher
In the Axis UI there is a check box for overriding limits, to let Linuxcnc power up and come out of e-stop when a limit is tripped. (Not sure where that would be for other UIs.)

If your setup has hardware disable of your drives when on a limit, you'll have to figure that out yourself.

More
07 Feb 2017 13:14 - 07 Feb 2017 13:16 #87457 by bevins

In the Axis UI there is a check box for overriding limits, to let Linuxcnc power up and come out of e-stop when a limit is tripped. (Not sure where that would be for other UIs.)

If your setup has hardware disable of your drives when on a limit, you'll have to figure that out yourself.

Todd,

Yes, the limits go directly to the drive. I dont like it but it uses com not +24 like the 7i77 or 7i70. I know I can energize a relay but that would induce delays, and when the limits are concerned i dont really like it. I do have soft limits, and I could tag onto the com going to the drives and energize a relay, but the override button in axis wont matter anyway because the drive is disable also.

I will just have to lift the Z with a jack, and get it off its limits.
Last edit: 07 Feb 2017 13:16 by bevins.

Time to create page: 0.187 seconds