Biesse Rover 346 Retrofit

More
25 Jan 2017 18:01 #86644 by tommylight
NICE !!!!!!!
Keep up the good work.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Jan 2017 14:57 #86712 by tommylight
I made a pyvcp panel to monitor inputs and outputs that you might find helpful, have a look.
I will attach the files later, as i am out having a coffee.
Regards,
Tom

forum.linuxcnc.org/30-cnc-machines/31792...01-retrofit?start=90

More
26 Jan 2017 15:15 #86714 by bevins
Replied by bevins on topic Biesse Rover 346 Retrofit

I made a pyvcp panel to monitor inputs and outputs that you might find helpful, have a look.
I will attach the files later, as i am out having a coffee.
Regards,
Tom

forum.linuxcnc.org/30-cnc-machines/31792...01-retrofit?start=90

WOW, thats bad.......... I could use these files to help, except I have two 7i71 and a 7i84. I can adapth them also.

Thanks Tommy.

More
29 Jan 2017 13:01 #86900 by bevins
I am going through the startup relay logic of the machjine and they have one output that fires a relay and enables the XYZ drives.

Is there a problem to have the 7i77 ENA+ energize this relay? The drives need a negative on the enable pin to enable the drives. Either that or I take the ENA- and take that directly to the drive to enable them seperatelty. Any problems with enabling all three with the one relay?

More
29 Jan 2017 13:46 #86902 by tommylight
I would keep drive enable separate for sure, and wired only to 7i77. This way i was able to just insert the plug on the 7i77 and test each axis separately, and if there is something fuzzy you get only one single axis moving, not all. I am avare that they are all enabled together in the 7i77. If you need to enable a relay for drive power, you can use any of the outputs on 7i77 to do that, just net it to x-enable in hal.

More
29 Jan 2017 13:55 - 29 Jan 2017 13:56 #86903 by bevins

I would keep drive enable separate for sure, and wired only to 7i77. This way i was able to just insert the plug on the 7i77 and test each axis separately, and if there is something fuzzy you get only one single axis moving, not all. I am avare that they are all enabled together in the 7i77. If you need to enable a relay for drive power, you can use any of the outputs on 7i77 to do that, just net it to x-enable in hal.

I dont get your logic, cause when you tiurn on the machine you get all ENA on the 7i77. Same thing as just using one output.
My other machines when I was bringing the drives up I disconnected from the 7i77 the ENA I wasnt using or bringing up. Same thing if I just remove the wires on the existing relay and just leave the one connected I was bringing up.

My question was more of is it a problem of usuing the ENA+ to drive a relay. I guess I should have worded it differently. also everything is connected already and working, I dont want to change the arrangement of the relay powerup logic of the machine. OR at least keep the changes to a minimum as possible.

I understand your logic but not sure if it is relavent in this situation. But thinking about it, that is not a bad idea as the Analog out is on the same connector and you can just remove the connector which removes analog out also. talking about coming full circle......,

Whats the current draw requirements of the ENA+?
Last edit: 29 Jan 2017 13:56 by bevins.

More
29 Jan 2017 14:15 - 29 Jan 2017 14:17 #86904 by tommylight
As far as i know it is the output of an opto coupler, that is both outputs are wired to terminal. That would narrow down to no more than 10mA, depending on the optos used. That is not usable for driving a relay. You would need a darlington transistor for that, base wired to ena-, ena+ wired to + power, relay wired to colector, the other relay wired to + power, and emiter wired to - power.
Last edit: 29 Jan 2017 14:17 by tommylight.

More
29 Jan 2017 14:19 - 29 Jan 2017 14:24 #86905 by bevins

As far as i know it is the output of an opto coupler, that is both outputs are wired to terminal. That would narrow down to no more than 10mA, depending on the optos used. That is not usable for driving a relay. You would need a darlington transistor for that, base wired to ena-, ena+ wired to + power, relay wired to colector, the other relay wired to + power, and emiter wired to - power.

Thats unfortunate.

Then I could net the x-enable to drive a 7i77 output that will drive that relay. Thats four outputs to enable the drives.

ENA+=> 7i77-out-00=> Control relay => drive-enable Relay => Drives

Thats not ideal at all.
Last edit: 29 Jan 2017 14:24 by bevins.

More
29 Jan 2017 14:34 #86906 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic Biesse Rover 346 Retrofit
If the drives have a active low enable input (ground to enable) the ENA wiring is

GND --> ENA- --> ENA+ --> DRIVE_ENA

The 7I77 ENA outputs will drive small relays (up to 75 ma)
Relays driven by the ENA outputs must have flyback diodes
The following user(s) said Thank You: bevins, tommylight

More
29 Jan 2017 18:38 #86919 by bevins
I just finished mapping out the power up relay logic.

Had a bit of a time finding a few wires but figured it out in the end. Just debating whether I should do schematics now or after I convert.

Probably wont hurt to do them now except a few hours gone in doing that.

I think I am going to just take the ENA+ and connect it to the drive enable. I don't want to mess around with relays to get it to work. Thats what I did with my VMC and it worked fine. I'll just double check the manual to make sure it needs a gnd and all will be set.

Just have to figure out how to implement their bizarre logic.... Some relays have AC 24 most have 24vdc, but the relays need to be powered up in sequence. Or maybe I will just start from scratch, and do my own logic.

Not decided yet......... Will think about it.

Time to create page: 0.097 seconds