Machine has been working great but my Proma THC is responding slow when cutting

More
29 Jan 2020 05:12 #156068 by TexasCNC
While its cutting especially at higher feed rate sometimes the the tip drags on the material and then starts to pickup slowly so by that time my tip is getting destroyed or arcs out meaning it shuts off arc. I am on the plasmac version and I see on the plasma config tab that there is a percentage for the speed. I had mine at 10% what is the usual setting here to have?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Jan 2020 06:02 #156070 by phillc54
THC speed on the config tab defaults to 10. You can try increasing it by say 5 at a time to start with then adjust by one at a time but you don't want to go too far or it will get a bit nervous. It will vary between machines depending on your z maximum velocity.

More
29 Jan 2020 12:33 #156084 by tommylight
If i remember correctly, you are using PlasmaC so the above solution posted by PhillC will fix that, but just in case, what are the settings on the Proma ?
You should definitely set them to the minimum posible, except the ArcOK voltage limit, leave that as is.

More
29 Jan 2020 19:48 #156108 by TexasCNC
Ok let try that I know my table is not completely flat but I do see where more towards the middle of the table it really close to material and when it try to adjust to the voltage it responds but slowly to move up. I will give that a try. Thanks

More
29 Jan 2020 19:54 #156109 by TexasCNC
Let me get that I think I had set them to your suggestion a while back ago when I was setting it up and I know that plays a role on it but when I get home I will post them.

Also I have t done any update on the axis so we need to? It’s been working great haven’t had issues with the interface. The only thing that happen was that when in idle I was getting twitching or like some interference sort of but the it was one of my motors and it was screwing up my cuts it was one of the motors on the y axis cause I have 2 on that axis so it was messing up my cuts changed out the breakout board the serial cable the power pack for the relay and ended being the driver for that motor bought a new one installed it and now everything works great. But other than that the interface has been working good just wanted to see if I needed to do any updates on it?

More
30 Jan 2020 01:31 #156129 by tommylight
There is also a seting on the right axis panel for the speed of THC , but change that only after confirming the Proma settings.
Am on the phone so i can not check the exact setting but it is in the upper part of the panel.

More
30 Jan 2020 04:08 #156138 by TexasCNC
Here are my settings on my proma 150

Hys- 02
D-T - 0.3
Hu- 160

More
30 Jan 2020 07:48 #156147 by bbsr_5a
at speeds over 3000mm/min
we use HYS 4V
DT 0,1sec
and we cut at 120V on the Proma

More
30 Jan 2020 11:03 #156158 by tommylight
Set the D-T to 0.1 as 0.3 seconds is to slow for thin sheets.

More
30 Jan 2020 16:53 #156187 by TexasCNC
I am mostly cutting anywhere from 75ipm on 10g steel or 95ipm on 14g I get good cuts not the greatest but less slag. Let me try these settings to see how it does.

Time to create page: 0.187 seconds