Machine has been working great but my Proma THC is responding slow when cutting

More
24 Mar 2020 03:44 #161313 by phillc54

Do i save my tool set on sheetcam and then import that to the converter?

Yes.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Mar 2020 03:48 #161314 by TexasCNC
Ok then they populate on the run panel and I get to pick the tool I want to use?

More
24 Mar 2020 03:51 #161316 by phillc54

Ok then they populate on the run panel and I get to pick the tool I want to use?

Correct, for manual selection.

If you have selected different tools in SheetCam for a gcode program then they will be loaded automatically as the gcode program requires them.

More
30 Mar 2020 05:44 - 30 Mar 2020 05:45 #162061 by alexandrub
I have installed the rs485 to link the powermax with linux and i want to know what parameters are use from linux material table and what are use from sheetcam tools for the same tool/material 00001 as example?

Thank uou.
Last edit: 30 Mar 2020 05:45 by alexandrub.

More
30 Mar 2020 05:48 #162062 by phillc54
PlasmaC only use the parameters from the material file. If you are not using RS485 then PlsmaC uses all the parameters shown in the Run Panel except for Cut Amps.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jay1st

More
30 Mar 2020 13:45 #162111 by alexandrub
ok, and what are the important? if in tool 01 in sheetcam the amperage is 45A and in material file in Plasmac matertial 01 is 10A, Plasmac use 10 or 45? In Sheetcam I cant change amperage is loock at 45A.

and another question. If I want to gauge and cut in one process, I need to select in Plasmac one tool with 10A, gauge ewerithig in one layer and after gouge I need a pause in program than change the tool in Plasmac at 45A then start ?

thank you.

More
30 Mar 2020 22:35 #162173 by phillc54

ok, and what are the important? if in tool 01 in sheetcam the amperage is 45A and in material file in Plasmac matertial 01 is 10A, Plasmac use 10 or 45? In Sheetcam I cant change amperage is loock at 45A.

That depends on how you set the feed rate in your gcode.

If you use F#<_hal[plasmac.cut-feed-rate]> the n the feed rate from the material file will be used.

If you use F3000 then 3000 will be the feed rate. If you do use it this way then veloctiy anti dive will not be 100% reliable but there are works in progress to rectify this issue.

and another question. If I want to gauge and cut in one process, I need to select in Plasmac one tool with 10A, gauge ewerithig in one layer and after gouge I need a pause in program than change the tool in Plasmac at 45A then start ?

I think so.

More
31 Mar 2020 20:30 #162293 by alexandrub

If you use F#<_hal[plasmac.cut-feed-rate]> the n the feed rate from the material file will be used.

If you use F3000 then 3000 will be the feed rate. If you do use it this way then veloctiy anti dive will not be 100% reliable but there are works in progress to rectify this issue.

I am not talking about feed rate. I am talking about curent. If in sheetcam i have a tool set at 10amps and f2000 and in plasmac same tool at 30amps and f2000. I see that sheetcam not change automaticaly tool in plasmac and i need to change by my self. I was thinking the tool is changed automat and because of this i ask the ones above.

More
31 Mar 2020 22:50 #162313 by phillc54

I am not talking about feed rate. I am talking about curent. If in sheetcam i have a tool set at 10amps and f2000 and in plasmac same tool at 30amps and f2000. I see that sheetcam not change automaticaly tool in plasmac and i need to change by my self. I was thinking the tool is changed automat and because of this i ask the ones above.

Oops, my bad.

PlasmaC sends the Cut Amps from the selected material in the Run Panel to the RS485 interface

More
20 Apr 2020 02:21 #164709 by TexasCNC
Hey Phil i was having issues with my Z where it was pausing like it was too much acceleration it had been working fine with the parameters it had. I then lowered the acceleration and opened it back up but the Z kept doing the same when I was raising it up to home it.So I lowered it again the parameters and it finally worked but very slow so I left it and continued cutting. Then after i finished cutting I went back in the ini file and put the parameters where I had them in the beginning and it worked. But now when I raise it to home it and when i lower it down to do the touch off and raise it back up a bit and I start the job it moves to the location to start cut starts to probe down but stops where I set the touch off and does nothing. No error nothing just sits there I try it again with a different design and does the same stops at the touch off was set. Do you know whats going on I checked my ini and had taken a pic before I did anything and it matches up.

Time to create page: 0.097 seconds