Z axis

More
05 May 2020 02:05 #166717 by motal2004
Replied by motal2004 on topic Z axis
I commented out the Torch on and float switch for now, Program started, homed all joint and machine is alive!!!! Almost anyways. Thanks you for your guys is help!!!!
Will I have to go through terminal to start plasmac every time?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 May 2020 02:07 #166718 by phillc54
Replied by phillc54 on topic Z axis
It is the recommended way because you can see error messages on the terminal but you can create a desktop launcher.

linuxcnc.org/docs/2.8/html/plasma/plasma...ml#_desktop_launcher

More
05 May 2020 02:23 #166719 by motal2004
Ok, thanks for the help on this part

More
07 May 2020 14:16 #166966 by motal2004
So for my learning experience I did a dress install of Linuxcnc , from www.linuxcnc.org/testing-stretch-rtpreempt/
Update everything running 2.9 master branch base configuration up and running auto homing set Ran a couple g code looks good. everything This time it took me just a couple hours vs the 2 weeks it did the first time. When I went to do a plasmac configuration nothing happens.
I double click on the “configuration.py” and nothing no pop up to select. I tried the terminal command, “python /usr/share/doc/linuxcnc/examples/sample-configs/by_machine/plasmac/configurator.py and still nothing. I even tried the long way “cd usr, then cd share and so on Unti I get to cd plasmac and I try cd configurator.py and nothing I know it’s in the folder any suggestions

More
07 May 2020 14:29 #166967 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Z axis
Try adding 2 to python
python2 /usr/share/doc/linuxcnc/examples/sample-configs/by_machine/plasmac/configurator.py
else:
In terminal:
cd /usr/share/doc/linuxcnc/examples/sample-configs/by_machine/plasmac/
ls
see if there is a file by that name, if there is, try:
./configurator.py
or python ./configurator.py
If that also does not work:
sudo chmod 755 configurator.py
then try again.

More
07 May 2020 15:02 #166969 by motal2004
Yes, the configurator.py file is 1 of several files in the plasmac folder when I type ls.
I will try the suggestion you made tommylight,
On a side note, I figured out some of the homing issues I had especially with the z axis.
When setting up the axis the home search direction was set up the wrong, so for other make sure you pick what’s appropriate for your application.
Follow up question, what’s best for practice when setting up the home inputs . Should one pick “home”, “shared home” ,if share home is picked should you pick “min limit + home” , “both + home”?

More
07 May 2020 17:03 #166972 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Z axis
For PlasmaC you should pick max limit + home.
Beware that the limits on the Z axis should be set as a normal axis, not as a mill, meaning min limit should be 0 and max limit should be where your home switch is, or near it.

More
08 May 2020 17:20 #167060 by motal2004
In that note. What do I put in those empty box in the pnccofig wizard , see picture
Attachments:

More
08 May 2020 21:39 #167077 by motal2004
Nevermind I figured it out.

More
09 May 2020 09:42 #167133 by bbsr_5a
Replied by bbsr_5a on topic Z axis
can you add here the INI file or the Z sequence so others get a Better view what you did

Personal with more then 5 Plasmas in USE you shoudt shield your Z Axis against Spray water
a Backwards build of the Mechanic woudt be a better system but on not using 8hr a day it will be fine
the Ballscrew dont like the Waterdust mixed with Steel

Time to create page: 0.090 seconds