Esab Ultrarex UXD-P2000 Upgrade Project

More
11 Jun 2020 17:01 #171142 by Esaber

Mesa's best kept secret is the little strip of bus bar shown here to the right of the 7i96. 2 banks x 12 common connectors but eusurplus might not stock them. Saves a lot of space. 1 bank for+24v and 1 bank for -24v field power. Failing that a good supply of din rail mount connectors and common strips to tie banks of connectors together similar to whats shown.

Do you have a link to this part?
I'm still trying to understand what it does exactly.
Not sure the one recommended by eusurplus is the right one.
www.amazon.fr/Legrand-LEG04854-Bornier-r...nexion/dp/B00CMNNDXO

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jun 2020 17:02 #171145 by Esaber

That should do just fine.

Great. Thanks.

More
13 Jun 2020 09:47 #171388 by Esaber
Great. We are ordering these parts today.
Tomorrow I'm visiting my friend to start working on the project.
Do you need any specific info from the esab boxes or controller?
I will be drawing and putting on paper what we understand from your instructions and matching that with what we see on the existing wiring so that you can verify with us and see if we are interpreting things correctly. We will not be wiring anything or testing anything.

More
13 Jun 2020 13:09 #171429 by tommylight
Start here, plenty of info on how to connect and test during installation of the 7i77.
forum.linuxcnc.org/10-advanced-configura...ning-detailed-how-to

More
13 Jun 2020 14:10 #171455 by Esaber
Great work there. Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
17 Jun 2020 14:02 #171905 by Esaber
We couldn't start working on the project last weekend. We postponed it to next weekend. Motor and accompanying parts have arrived. We are waiting for the relays and the rest of the parts from amazon. Delivery scheduled for Saturday. Will update you when we start ripping the esab monster :-)

More
17 Jun 2020 14:11 #171907 by tommylight
Do not rip anything without making clear close-up pictures of every wire, connector, socket, etc.
No schematics, so those will help.

More
18 Jun 2020 08:37 #171991 by Esaber
Just kidding :-)
We have all the parts now.
My friend will start removing the motor. He will take pictures and put down on paper all the details. We will start assembling the pieces next Sunday.
We will not power anything up. I will post all the steps and the wiring and the all the details of what we will be doing and wait for your help.
My friend has a question for you to which you probably already answered but I'm not sure: How does the controller know the height of the torch dynamically when cutting? I know we bought the THC. How does that interact with the torch and adjust the height when cutting or does it just do it once before cutting and never adjusts during the job?

More
18 Jun 2020 09:05 #171993 by rodw

I know we bought the THC. How does that interact with the torch and adjust the height when cutting or does it just do it once before cutting and never adjusts during the job?

The short answer is Plasmac is Linuxcnc's magic wand.

Brief answer is Linuxcnc takes over control of the Z axis to keep arc voltage at a set level which in turn adjusts the torch height.

The longer answer is in the Plasma Primer in the 2.8 docs complete with some graphs and plots of arc voltage.

More
18 Jun 2020 10:19 #172001 by Esaber
Thanks Rod.

Time to create page: 0.122 seconds