New day new problem

More
10 Aug 2021 19:44 - 10 Aug 2021 19:44 #217418 by acourtjester
Replied by acourtjester on topic New day new problem
Hello

I still do not have the Ohmic sensor working, however that is not where the frustration is at this point.I power up the table home all axis, pick a material from the list load a simple G-code, and the Z axis drives into the top limit switch. No matter what I do, run it to the bottom of travel zero the DRO out, and it drives to top limit. If I click on the probe button it drives down very near the lower limit, stop and drive back up to near the top limit, which I assume is near as it should operate. I have a floating head switch which show in Hal Show as working, but tripping it does no effect the probe check action.I have finger boned in the G38 command with a distance of 1.75” it drives down that distance and returns up fine. But the floating head switch has not effect on its travel, but does get an error about the switch being pushed. I have downloaded the material list from this site for a Hypertherm 45 and have used it in my testing. I have loaded in the wrench .NCG code and tried to run it. Same thing drives to the Z limit.I will attach the TAZ file for a look as to what is happening.I have scratch built 9 tables using different control electronics and software doing my own research. Even the first table as a beginner to the world of CNC Plasma did not cause as much frustration as Linuxcnc. Please do not get me wrong you all have been a great help getting me this for, and I do say thank you for that. I am beginning to think QTPlasmaC is a bridge to far, and too new that not many if any are using it for plasma successfully.
Again Thank you very much.
Tom

File Attachment:

File Name: Last_chanc...1.tar.gz
File Size:14 KB
Attachments:
Last edit: 10 Aug 2021 19:44 by acourtjester. Reason: adding info

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Aug 2021 21:55 #217429 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic New day new problem
Well i for one am sorry you had to go through all that and this and......
I really, really do not get why would someone suggest using Ohmic probing to beginners or even to quite advanced users, it is not ready for prime time yet, requires to much fiddling with the hal files and tuning and having stuff do other stuff .... well not helping, am i ? :(
My advice:
Start over, get QtPlasmaC working, get the float switch working, do some cutting and enjoy watching the machine work.
Only after that maybe think about ohmic.
This has everything to do with Ohmic probing as such, it is quite easy to make it work, it is very hard to make it work reliably on water tables.
Building a Z axis that has very lite weight of moving parts can be done much easier for mechanically inclined so floating switch works always very reliably.
Personally, i use float switch only, i use QtPlasmaC on 3 machines (2 of them mine, 1 at a clients site), i really like the looks and the features and the amount of work that went into it is astonishing, but it is still in development and not officially released, so there are still some wrinkles to iron out.

More
11 Aug 2021 01:48 - 11 Aug 2021 01:51 #217460 by acourtjester
thanks for your reply and suggestion how do I remove the Ohmic section from the INI and Hal. I have a working float switch and have used them in the past, it would make me very happy to get it operational and not look back. I had placed the switch offset in the place for it value. but at this point I cannot get past the Z moving up at the start. If you have a functioning set of files I can copy maybe that would help, even just to see it work properly.
Putting the data to work with my table is not hard, but getting it past the Z problem must be done first.
Last edit: 11 Aug 2021 01:51 by acourtjester.

More
11 Aug 2021 08:24 #217485 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic New day new problem
Tom, sorry its been such a drama.
I've finally got QTplasmac up and running here at home where I have a 7i76e attached (minus any motors and limits). Between now and the weekend, I'll try and load up your config and see what is going on.
I've really been under the pump recently.

The recommendation to get plasmac up and running was to first build a simple XYZ machine that has all the motion homing and limits sorted out before installing qtplasmac. I think you may have jumped in boots and all so its been a bigger task.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
11 Aug 2021 12:11 - 11 Aug 2021 12:20 #217527 by acourtjester
I have done that one step at a time as I said, I think my Z problem is from a Macro attached to the cycle start button. I can do many things like homing and moving the table motors, making small G-code movements as single line operations. Load the material list and select one to be used, load a cut routine no problems . But as soon as I click on the cycle start, Z moves up to the limit it make no other movement as moving to the location of the first cut operation.  Normally for a cut operation I see the table move to the location of the first pierce then start to move the Z axis.  I can clear that and move around fine.  The Docs say all Z movements are controlled by QTPlasmaC not the G-code in the routines loaded by the operator. 
Last edit: 11 Aug 2021 12:20 by acourtjester. Reason: adding info

More
11 Aug 2021 12:19 #217530 by phillc54
Replied by phillc54 on topic New day new problem
So when you run a gcode program Z moves up but when you press the probe test button Z moves down, is that correct?
If so it is very odd as it is the same code used for both.
Do the jog buttons on the GUI move the Z axis correctly?
I have no idea what g38 commands would do, they should not be used in QtPlasmaC/Plasmac, as the probing is controlled internally.
Can you post a sample of the gcode that you are running.

More
11 Aug 2021 12:30 - 11 Aug 2021 12:35 #217533 by acourtjester
All movements seem as the should, probe test moves down for about 2" stops and moves back up about the same, no errors shown.  the jog buttons work fine and in the directions indicated.  I can do small G-codes like move X 10" and vary the speed, they move angin in the directions indicated by a + or - in the g-code line. Here are 2 for the same DXF different Post Processor as indicated on the top lines.  The G38 is a probe command to find the metal surface, but as you say QTPlasmaC controls that.

File Attachment:

File Name: problems_2...8-11.zip
File Size:1 KB
Attachments:
Last edit: 11 Aug 2021 12:35 by acourtjester. Reason: adding info

More
11 Aug 2021 12:38 #217534 by acourtjester
G38.n axes
G38.2 - probe toward workpiece, stop on contact, signal error if failure

G38.3 - probe toward workpiece, stop on contact

G38.4 - probe away from workpiece, stop on loss of contact, signal error if failure

G38.5 - probe away from workpiece, stop on loss of contact

From the G-code manual

More
11 Aug 2021 13:11 #217540 by acourtjester
Boy you can make a guy feel bad

More
11 Aug 2021 13:26 #217542 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic New day new problem

G38.n axes
G38.2 - probe toward workpiece, stop on contact, signal error if failure

G38.3 - probe toward workpiece, stop on contact

G38.4 - probe away from workpiece, stop on loss of contact, signal error if failure

G38.5 - probe away from workpiece, stop on loss of contact

From the G-code manual

Tom, QTPlasmac does not use conventional probing. It is all done internally on an M3.

I got your config opening  here with my Linuxcnc and a 7i76e. Its close  to midnight here, So I will look at it over the next few days and wire in some pins to match your config.

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds