New day new problem

More
11 Aug 2021 13:45 #217545 by acourtjester
Replied by acourtjester on topic New day new problem
Thanks for your time,eager to see what you come up with.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Aug 2021 00:51 - 12 Aug 2021 00:53 #217579 by phillc54
Replied by phillc54 on topic New day new problem
FWIW both the gcode files you posted ran fine on my sim. The gcode filter comments out the unneeded codes correctly. They did show up an issue in the gcode filter for temporary files but this doesn't affect anything you noticed.

Hopefully Rod will spot a problem in the config.

Edit: Could you post a screenshot of your PARAMETERS tab.
Last edit: 12 Aug 2021 00:53 by phillc54.

More
12 Aug 2021 13:56 #217613 by acourtjester
Here you go PhillC the 2 ZIP folder have the screen shops from 2 different QTPlasmaC config setup the "Last chance saloon" is the latest.  Which I also copied the directory for that.  The screen shots hove the config names at the top of the page. And the backup file for the "last chance saloon"
Thanks for your time.
Have fun
Tom 

File Attachment:

File Name: lastchancesaloon.zip
File Size:376 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: Last_chanc...08-12.gz
File Size:14 KB

Attachments:

More
12 Aug 2021 23:55 #217643 by phillc54
Something doesn't seem quite right with you Z axis.
I see that you had limit trip errors.
Do you have 8" of travel on the Z axis?
Is your Zaxis position after homing in the centre of the Z axis travel?
You have specified a combined maximum limit and home switch for axis Z. This means the switch should be at the top of travel, you have it at +0.5" and your top of travel is 3.5" above that.
From what I can see when you start a cutting program the Z axis will rise then trip the Z max limit.

The is a good description of homing setup here:
linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/html/config/ini-homing.html

Some more info here:
linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/html/plasma/qtpl...c.html#qt_z-settings
linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/html/plasma/qtpl...tml#qt_initial-setup

More
13 Aug 2021 01:03 - 13 Aug 2021 01:06 #217645 by acourtjester
Thanks PhillC what you say makes sense, and I had read that info. But not speaking Linux I don't understand what the setting should be. My home and upper limit are at the top..I have about 4" of travel between top and bottom limit stops. I think the 0.5" is what I thought was the back away from the home position. I assume that there is an automatic distance for it to back off the home switch, and I don't need to give it a distance. Again I am using info that worked for Mach. 
Ok so I should put the Max limit to 0.00" and min limit to -4.00" what should the Home offset be 0.00' or a small amount.
From what I can see when you start a cutting program the Z axis will rise then trip the Z max limit.  That is what is happening

Attachments:
Last edit: 13 Aug 2021 01:06 by acourtjester.

More
13 Aug 2021 01:41 #217647 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic New day new problem

Ok so I should put the Max limit to 0.00" and min limit to -4.00" what should the Home offset be 0.00' or a small amount.

Yes,Max limit to 0 or even better 0.1 to avoid issues during homing, and offset of 0.4 should be enough. Might need a - though.

More
13 Aug 2021 03:10 #217650 by acourtjester
Thanks done deal in the morning will make the changes. Should be only few more steps.

More
13 Aug 2021 07:32 #217665 by phillc54
For a combined home/max_limit the HOME_OFFSET should be the same as MAX_LIMIT. If that is 0.1 then HOME should 0.0

So during homing the Z will move up to the switch then move back down 0.1 to the home position which is 0.0

More
13 Aug 2021 08:02 #217667 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic New day new problem
I have not had much luck here. I could not see the encoders counting so I don't know if that was my hardware or the config. It was midnight at the time.

More
13 Aug 2021 15:53 #217687 by acourtjester
Hi PhillC
I tried to make the changes you talked about and it did not go well.  BY this if I changed either the Max limit of Min limit it would not start QTPlasmaC but show an error seen in the screen shot.  There seems to another location that also needs changed (to my untrained eye).  I also attached a screenshot of the Hal for the Z switch lines, not know if that helps.  Also the page in the Pncconf as to the switch selection for the Z axis.
The only positive thing I learned was the Home offset must be larger then 0.300" of it will not move far enough the home switch and get an error.

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.184 seconds