New day new problem

More
07 Aug 2021 21:57 - 07 Aug 2021 22:00 #217160 by acourtjester
HI Guys 
still trying to get this thing going, wanted to see if I loaded a G-code for the simple box shape to see what would happen.  Well another gut punch from LinuxCNC.  first I used SheetCam LinuxCNC PlasmaC post processor, It produced a G-code with lots of lines, many I have not seen before.  Next Linuxcnc plasma THC produced a simple G-code with what I expected.  Copied to the control PC and loaded it in QTPlasmaC it raised the Z to the limit, first thing.  Looked at the G-code and there was an added like, not in the original G53.  I tried to edit it out no luck, it is in there for all time.
Google G 53

G53 is much easier to understand and use. It is a simple motion command, like G00 or G01, but with G53, the origin for the motion is the machine's zero return position and the motion will occur at rapid. Here is the command to rapid the Z axis to the zero return position: G53 Z0.
Other errors would pop up too,
Why and where is it getting this from, attached is a screenshot with the original and the G-code from QTPlasmaC.  I hope there are answers for how to get rid of this so I can move on.
Have fun 
Tom 

Attachments:
Last edit: 07 Aug 2021 22:00 by acourtjester.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Aug 2021 22:45 #217161 by snowgoer540
Replied by snowgoer540 on topic New day new problem
Your gcode says you’re using a “LinuxCNC - THC” post processor.  That’s not the right post.  I think it’s just plain “PlasmaC” if memory serves me correct.  It’s rev 0.2 I know that.

As for the added Z move, that’s standard and is part of QtPlasmac.  You can read about it in the first portion of Section 8 here:

http:/linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/html/plasma/qtplasmac.html#_using_qtplasmac

For the feed rate I think that error means that your gcode is specifying a feed rate in x and y that is different than the overall feed rate in the material file.  I’m fairly certain the correct post would take care of this too, but do note you need to make sure the material numbers in sheetcam and Qtplasmac align. 

More
07 Aug 2021 23:35 - 07 Aug 2021 23:40 #217165 by beefy
Replied by beefy on topic New day new problem
Acourtjester, 

I've attached a copy of a tap file I've created recently. I've added spaces to separate pre-amble, material setup, etc, and make it more readable. I'm still in the early days of learning everything and only just did my very first cut with the attached file. Best advice I can give is read the documentation thoroughly.

Go through each line one by one and refer to the Qtplasmac documentation to get a good understanding what they are telling Qtplasmac to do. 
It is indeed very different from Mach3 and UCCNC.
Notice the lack of Z moves in the gcode file. This is normal for Qtplasmac although there is a way to have Qtplasmac take notice of Z commands in gcode (again, explained in the Qtplasmac documentation).

Regarding post processors, here's 3 links to get your teeth into:
forum.linuxcnc.org/plasmac/38438-plasmac-post-processors
forum.linuxcnc.org/plasmac/36568-post-pr...linuxcnc-and-plasmac
forum.linuxcnc.org/plasmac/42374-sheetca...erate-spotting-gcode

Keith

File Attachment:

File Name: SPIRALAPPROX100mm.txt
File Size:3 KB
Attachments:
Last edit: 07 Aug 2021 23:40 by beefy.

More
08 Aug 2021 18:53 #217253 by acourtjester
Replied by acourtjester on topic New day new problem
Thanks for the reply and info I had tried the PlasmaC post processor but it had so many lines the did not make sense, like tool height compensation. It's clear I need to get PhillC's post processor that you used Beefy, and also convert my SheetCam tools to Linuxcnc so they can be used too. Its like somethings need to unlearned from the Mach and UCCNC days .  I looked at the PP from Rod and it had this statement ( CandCNC DTHCIV with Floating head ), I know they have switched to LinuxCNC base too.  So I wonder if it would work with the QTPlasmaC screen set, as I think Rod is changing over to QTPlasmaC now.
I assume =smallmaterialverter.py is already part of LinuxCNC, as I could not find a download.

More
08 Aug 2021 20:52 #217263 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic New day new problem
I would not use my post processor. It is obsolete now.
It was originally written back when a couple of us were trying to keep compatibility with candcnc but I rewrote it when plasmac arrived.
Linuxcnc uses a .ngc prefix and you can set that in sheetcam.
I'm not really sure what I'm going to be using now as master branch is a bit broken but qtplasmac runs ok on one machine but is real slow on my real table.

More
08 Aug 2021 21:06 #217265 by beefy
Acourtjester,

here's 3 post processors. I'm guessing I modidified the 3rd one (the one I'm currently using) a little, but I can't remember what.

Rod,

I'm a bit behind with what's going on at the moment. Can you direct me to a thread about this broken master. I haven't upgraded for a few weeks and hearing what you said I'm now a little bit scared to do so.

Keith

File Attachment:

File Name: POSTPROCESSORS.zip
File Size:8 KB
Attachments:

More
09 Aug 2021 00:35 #217273 by acourtjester
Replied by acourtjester on topic New day new problem
Thanks Keith for sending the Zip file with the PP the one with Les in it is dated 04-2021 may be the latest one. From what I have looked at today I think I will need to construct a new named Pncconf to add the other limits and change some things again to have better setup for the Z axis. It seems the perimeters may be causing problems with the Z actions at the start of the G-code.in my setup.

More
09 Aug 2021 01:16 #217275 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic New day new problem
By default plasmac strips out any Z axis moves unless you change something. All probing is done on an M3

Beefy, don't upgrade for a while.... some stuff got broken when python2 was removed from master.

More
09 Aug 2021 06:55 - 09 Aug 2021 06:56 #217297 by robertspark
Replied by robertspark on topic New day new problem
you can download all of the "last working" (python2) debs from the build bot repository (before they drop off the end of the list)

buildbot.linuxcnc.org/dists/buster/maste...reempt/binary-amd64/

*.2.9.0~pre0.4177.g14d07b66d_all.deb

they can be installed via the terminal 
cd Dow<TAB>
ls *.deb
dpkg -i .....

just type the first couple of letters and use the <TAB> key to autocomplete.... it will complete as far as it can before you need to add another letter to differentiate between files.... ie you may need to add a "dot" or "hyphen" etc ...
Last edit: 09 Aug 2021 06:56 by robertspark.

More
09 Aug 2021 10:00 #217308 by beefy

Beefy, don't upgrade for a while.... some stuff got broken when python2 was removed from master.

Cheers Rod,

nasty stuff, I'm happy I came across your post. Guess it's a lot more hassle to downgrade than it is to update LOL.

Keith

Time to create page: 0.144 seconds