Retrofit cnc 3axis

More
26 Sep 2022 22:33 #252808 by clayd_lopunk
Replied by clayd_lopunk on topic Retrofit cnc 3axis
I couldn't wait for the holds to arrive. xD
I opened the db25 to test the pins with the machine enabled. The blue cable in the photo corresponds to ground pin # 13, like the pinout that was in the diagram. I have tried the other pins but they have values ​​between 2.2 and 2.8V which vary to 4V (ACTIVE HIGH) when I enable ANY tool change function, or x y z movement.
For example if I jog on x axis with pin 5 or pin 8,9 I have the same positive variation of Volt. Same thing if I open the tool magazine or jog on y.
Some pins instead remain at 0 without changing during one of the dir or tool change functions.
How can I understand the single pin? I enclose the cable
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Sep 2022 07:06 #252830 by Aciera
Replied by Aciera on topic Retrofit cnc 3axis
Sound like you are maybe not grounded properly. Is your meter ground lead connected to pin 13?

Also what you could try is use a 5V power supply to simulate the signals coming from the pc. So pc disconnected and the controller powered on. Ground of the 5V supply connected to pin 13 and the +5V to the signal pin. You will probably need to figure out what pins need to be enabled for the control to work.

More
27 Sep 2022 10:14 - 27 Sep 2022 10:20 #252839 by clayd_lopunk
I tried with the ground on the cabinet and pin13 which is a different color than the rest of the wires. The variation can detect it but the pins appear to be connected as if they were sharing current. Anyway remedy 5v industrial power supply where I can connect the cables. The db25 disconnected from the pc, ground on pin 13 and the other end on one pin at a time, until I find the AXIS ON pin that enables me to control the machine. Not being able to use the control software, when the pin has power will I hear the machine unlock the axes while I press the button to enable it on?

Is the power supply in the photo okay?

Thanks Aciera !!
Attachments:
Last edit: 27 Sep 2022 10:20 by clayd_lopunk.

More
27 Sep 2022 11:10 #252845 by Aciera

when the pin has power will I hear the machine unlock the axes while I press the button to enable it on?

I don't really know, but I would think so.

Yes the power supply is fine.

More
28 Sep 2022 09:18 #252921 by clayd_lopunk
I'm making the connections on the alligator clips so I can test everything better. Tomorrow I will also receive the power supply to try to activate the pins without a PC.
To connect these sockets in order to act as an extension between the machine cable and the PC: do I have to connect pin 1 of the socket on the left with pin 1 of the one on the right? The 2 with 2, 3 with 3 and continuing up to 25. Finally I have to ground the two cables with the additional GND pin. So then I can measure them directly from above the screw. It's correct?
Attachments:

More
28 Sep 2022 11:28 #252928 by Aciera

do I have to connect pin 1 of the socket on the left with pin 1 of the one on the right? The 2 with 2, 3 with 3 and continuing up to 25

I would think so, presuming the pin numbering on the pcb is correct. You might want to check that with the continuity meter after wiring it to make sure pin 1 on the male connector routes to pin 1 on the female and so on.

Also note that sometimes on this type of terminal probing on the screw can lead to inconsistent results so you might  need to probe in the actual clamp where the wires connect. Just something to be aware of.

More
28 Sep 2022 12:13 #252930 by clayd_lopunk
Great, thanks Aciera.

More
29 Sep 2022 22:22 #253061 by clayd_lopunk
I have carried out the tests with the adapter, it seems to be clearer with the pc disconnected but I check active, which are the necessary pins, even if I cannot identify them individually.What if I try to plug in a breakout card and go to trial and error?I doubt that the pc communicates with the control board for ability machine.. There is a floppy disk that enables control connected to an internal motherboard. It allows you to draw while the machine simultaneously processes an ISO. If I unplug the floppy and motherboard, can't I replace it with a linuxcnc control card, thus only using the dumb cards (no processors) from the machine?I am attaching photos of the machine and cards and the test.

More
29 Sep 2022 22:45 #253063 by tommylight
Attachments:

More
29 Sep 2022 23:32 #253067 by clayd_lopunk
I'm sorry tommy I can't decrypt well, I understood that the one under input output is the drives card, I noticed the motherboard in the machine cabinet, now it processes the iso data from the external pc where the software resides. Could it be used as a single pc, putting linuxcnc on compact flash and using the old parallel port now unused? Could you suggest me how to do it? If I connect the monitor and keyboard to that card it won't access the bios ...Thanks

Time to create page: 0.127 seconds