Tandem Y Axis not working on 7i76E

More
06 Nov 2023 00:42 #284678 by tommylight
No need for more switches, LinuxCNC is very good at using a single switch per axis/joint for all functions.
Had a look earlier at your ini file but had to scram, there are some things to change, home set at 0 till you get homing working, switches are not at the back of the machine (othe rtopic maybe? ), they are in front so first get that working properly with home 0 and offset of -5 at least due to washes used as sensing.
After you get that sorted and homing properly, then we can move on to finding the right values for home and home offset to suit your needs.
The values for home search and latch and final velocity are all over the place with negative and positive values, so i would start with a new config, mind the homing direction in the wizard. Should be towards negative (or similar) for X and Y
The following user(s) said Thank You: gardenweazel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Nov 2023 15:08 #284784 by gardenweazel
"mind the homing direction in the wizard"

I think this is where the problem begins. I looked at the HELP tab and it's really not clear from a negative/positive sign prospective.
Especially when the motors are at the rear of the machine.

I can get the Y-Axis and Y2-Axis to move in the correct direction, no problem. The sensors are always on/true, they move to a off/false
condition when they reach the washer. It's at this specific point that they just continue moving in a positive direction instead of reversing, backing off and then repositioning.

That said, I know that HOME_SEARCH_VEL is a positive number. I did try changing the values of HOME_SEARCH_VEL and HOME_LATCH_VEL quite a number of times with no luck.

Again, thanks for your feedback and comments.

More
07 Nov 2023 17:14 #284800 by tommylight

Especially when the motors are at the rear of the machine.

That has nothing to do with homing.
-
When you look at the machine, Y axis moves towards you in negative direction and away from you in positive direction, that can be checked on the DRO in the GUI.
X moves left in negative and right in positive direction. Z moves down in negative and up in positive.
You have your sensors on the left on X and toward you on the Y.
Make sure when you jog the directions are correct.
Then
-if the machine is moving correctly towards the switches during homing, do not change HOME_SEARCH_VELOCITY, that is correct.
-if the reach the switches and do not stop at all for a short period, the switches are not set properly or not reacting at all, they have led's see if they change
-if it does stop shortly then move again in the same direction, change HOME_FINAL_VELOCITY sign.

More
07 Nov 2023 17:59 #284808 by gardenweazel

When you look at the machine, Y axis moves towards you in negative direction and away from you in positive direction, that can be checked on the DRO in the GUI.
X moves left in negative and right in positive direction. Z moves down in negative and up in positive.
You have your sensors on the left on X and toward you on the Y.
Make sure when you jog the directions are correct.

We are all good to here and agree.

Then
-if the machine is moving correctly towards the switches during homing, do not change HOME_SEARCH_VELOCITY, that is correct.

And good here.

-if the reach the switches and do not stop at all for a short period, the switches are not set properly or not reacting at all, they have led's see if they change

Here, we have reached the switch, the lights on the switch turn off. The gantry continues moving in the positive(+) direction.

-if it does stop shortly then move again in the same direction, change HOME_FINAL_VELOCITY sign.

Based on the documentation, the HOME_FINAL_VEL (not HOME_FINAL_VELOCITY) indicates the following:

6.3. HOME_FINAL_VELThis variable has units of machine-units per second.It specifies the speed that LinuxCNC uses when it makes its move from HOME_OFFSET to the HOME position. If the HOME_FINAL_VEL is missing from the ini file, then the maximum joint speed is used to make this move. The value must be a positive number.

More
07 Nov 2023 19:15 #284814 by Aciera

Here, we have reached the switch, the lights on the switch turn off

Makes me think that maybe your home signal goes to False when your axis reaches the homing position. LinuxCNC is expecting a positive edge when the home switch activates if your switch is low active then you need to use the '...-not' pin of your input in your hal file.

More
07 Nov 2023 20:30 #284817 by gardenweazel
I've tried that as well.

The switches are the inductive proximity type purchased from Hamazon .

Wired to 24vdc, ground and signals to:

# --- MIN-HOME-X ---
net min-home-x     <=  hm2_7i76e.0.7i76.0.0.input-08
# --- MIN-HOME-A ---
net min-home-a     <=  hm2_7i76e.0.7i76.0.0.input-09
# --- MIN-HOME-Y ---
net min-home-y     <=  hm2_7i76e.0.7i76.0.0.input-10
# --- PROBE-IN ---
net probe-in     <=  hm2_7i76e.0.7i76.0.0.input
# --- MIN-HOME-Y2 ---
net min-home-y2     <=  hm2_7i76e.0.7i76.0.0.input-14
# --- MIN-HOME-Z ---
net min-home-z     <=  hm2_7i76e.0.7i76.0.0.input-15

More
07 Nov 2023 20:55 #284821 by tommylight
In the GUI open "show hal configuration", on the left expand pins then 6i76E and so on till you find input pins, on the right choose the "watch" tab, then on the left click on the input pins that the switches are attached to, use a screwdriver to activate the switches and watch the LED on screen, do they change color?
As for home final vel, i never read that, i just test things and learn from that, so i thought changing direction would work as with lath and search velocities! :) This means i never had to change it... oh well.

More
07 Nov 2023 20:58 #284822 by gardenweazel
The colors change from yellow to dark red.

I've checked all of them.

The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
07 Nov 2023 21:07 - 07 Nov 2023 21:09 #284823 by tommylight
Oh hell, do not edit stuff at random....
In your hal file:
# --- MIN-HOME-Y ---
net min-home-y <= hm2_7i76e.0.7i76.0.0.input-10

# --- MIN-HOME-Y2 ---
net min-home-y2 <= hm2_7i76e.0.7i76.0.0.input-14
Then a bit down
net both-min-home-y => joint.1.home-sw-in
net both-min-home-y => joint.1.neg-lim-sw-in
net y-pos-limit => joint.1.pos-lim-sw-in
and
net both-min-home-y2 => joint.2.home-sw-in
net both-min-home-y2 => joint.2.neg-lim-sw-in
net y2-pos-limit => joint.2.pos-lim-sw-in

WHY ??? And how do you expect it to work when the sensors are not in use waiting for a non existing signal?
those should be
net min-home-y => joint.1.home-sw-in
net min-home-y => joint.1.neg-lim-sw-in
net y-pos-limit => joint.1.pos-lim-sw-in
and
net min-home-y2 => joint.2.home-sw-in
net min-home-y2 => joint.2.neg-lim-sw-in
net y2-pos-limit => joint.2.pos-lim-sw-in

Also, the Z axis should home UP, not down, down is the table where the spindle will ram in.
Z should use in your case max-home-z.
Now, how did we miss that .... :)
I am blaming glasses!
Last edit: 07 Nov 2023 21:09 by tommylight.

More
07 Nov 2023 21:17 #284824 by gardenweazel
What makes you think that I "edited stuff at random"  ??  

The only think that was edited by "hand" in the HAL file was the adding and removing of  "-not"

I've used PNCCONF as recommended.

It's perfectly ok to blame your glasses, pretty much a tactic that I use as well.

I'll make this change and reply.

Time to create page: 0.095 seconds