mesa card 5i25 kernel error

More
22 Oct 2015 16:17 #64126 by bkt
Replied by bkt on topic mesa card 5i25 kernel error
@PCW

Sorry .... I've a new iso from linuxcnc.org (md5sum ok) I update and upgrade the system ... reboot ... upgrade directly from linuxcnc2.5 to 2.7.1 ... reboot ... update and upgrade second time ..... :sick: :sick:

I try for test using bridgport config from BigJohnT file (many thanks for your work BigJonT) .... I cancel wathcdog line (in linuxcnc2.7.1 not exist at all these command ????) ... and run these config.

All ok no ss0 error .... but error of other type (see file ) ... is because I'm not wiring at all any motor?

File Attachment:

File Name: BigJhonT.txt
File Size:4 KB

Than if joke about the wiring jogwheel (for some time 5-10min wit "show hal configuration .. channel a and b of encoder 5 pin section) .... I' ve an realtime error ... than download firmware 5i25_7i77x2.bit from mesa ..... mesaflash ->install new file (for anyhhow) ... mesaflash reload and verify....nothing to do about pnCconfig .... run other time BigJohnT file modified and joke again ...... the error disappear ....

Some other action that can do for make better my system? (charge new firmware to 7i77 for example?? how?)

Regards
Giorgio
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Oct 2015 17:36 - 22 Oct 2015 18:04 #64130 by bkt
NEWS .... I try to run PNCconfig whit debian live .... copy the mymachine config folder on the usb memory ... than I reboot and run ubuntu 10.04 ... copy mymachine folder (and mymachine.conf) in linuxcnc folder and than try to run PNCconfig from ubuntu 10.04 with "modify an existing configuration" option ..... as in the past is'nt possible see SS0 and SS1 panel for configure TB5 TB7 and TB8 (at this point abort the modify)....... But mymachine.ini run ok whit axis gui as I programmed with debian ..

... how is possible?. There is somethings in Pyton that not run properly as in debian I think (python not are at the same version in each release).... not hardware problem .... or a firmware problem (but where? in 7i77 firmware?) ..... If PCW not download the iso similar as me from linuxcnc.org can't see my installation .....

regards
Giorgio
Last edit: 22 Oct 2015 18:04 by bkt.

More
22 Oct 2015 18:25 - 22 Oct 2015 18:29 #64132 by cncbasher

@PCW

Sorry .... I've a new iso from linuxcnc.org (md5sum ok) I update and upgrade the system ... reboot ... upgrade directly from linuxcnc2.5 to 2.7.1 ... reboot ... update and upgrade second time ..... :sick: :sick:

I try for test using bridgport config from BigJohnT file (many thanks for your work BigJonT) .... I cancel wathcdog line (in linuxcnc2.7.1 not exist at all these command ????) ... and run these config.

All ok no ss0 error .... but error of other type (see file ) ... is because I'm not wiring at all any motor?

File Attachment:

File Name: BigJhonT.txt
File Size:4 KB

Than if joke about the wiring jogwheel (for some time 5-10min wit "show hal configuration .. channel a and b of encoder 5 pin section) .... I' ve an realtime error ... than download firmware 5i25_7i77x2.bit from mesa ..... mesaflash ->install new file (for anyhhow) ... mesaflash reload and verify....nothing to do about pnCconfig .... run other time BigJohnT file modified and joke again ...... the error disappear ....

Some other action that can do for make better my system? (charge new firmware to 7i77 for example?? how?)

Regards
Giorgio

the errors you are seeing is for the connection of the VFD over the serial port ,
what are you trying to achieve ?
if you need help with a configuration then post your configuration ( all files as an archive and explain your problem )
axis 0, 1,2 errors are expected until you have modified the files to suit your own build , such as switchs , limits etc , and if they need reversing ( inverting the logic) etc
Last edit: 22 Oct 2015 18:29 by cncbasher.

More
22 Oct 2015 18:32 - 22 Oct 2015 18:33 #64133 by bkt
I see these just 10 minuts ago .... Now the config works fine..... sorry but not expect that pncconfig set modbus comunication for setting an velocity control ..... I think these can make with analogue output ... than I not watch all file in folder.

Sorry!!

and about these?

NEWS .... I try to run PNCconfig whit debian live .... copy the mymachine config folder on the usb memory ... than I reboot and run ubuntu 10.04 ... copy mymachine folder (and mymachine.conf) in linuxcnc folder and than try to run PNCconfig from ubuntu 10.04 with "modify an existing configuration" option ..... as in the past is'nt possible see SS0 and SS1 panel for configure TB5 TB7 and TB8 (at this point abort the modify)....... But mymachine.ini run ok whit axis gui as I programmed with debian ..

Regards
Giorgio
Last edit: 22 Oct 2015 18:33 by bkt.

More
22 Oct 2015 18:35 - 22 Oct 2015 18:43 #64134 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic mesa card 5i25 kernel error

@PCW

Regards
Giorgio

The firmware you have is the latest and has zero known bugs , there is simply no need to reflash the 5i25
except for the very first time when you changed from 7I76 firmware to 7I77 firmware, your troubles
are not related to firmware.

For example, pncconf works fine for me on 2 different systems, neither of which even have a 5I25 installed
(its also works fine on the Ubuntu 10.04 system with a 5i25 and makes a working 7I77 config thats been running for a day now error free)

Still trying to figure out what you are doing thats different: a few guesses:

Are you trying to run pncconf and linuxcnc at the same time? This will likely cause trouble
since pncconf _can_ access the hardware (though It doesn't seem to touch anything if you just build a config)

I wonder if the pncconf problem is language (localization) related since no-one else has seen this bug
Last edit: 22 Oct 2015 18:43 by PCW.

More
22 Oct 2015 18:38 #64135 by cncbasher
it's no problem Giorgio , it is easy to miss these , when new to linuxcnc .
if you need something changing just ask

pncconf is only a starting point , and only to get you started , once you have reached this point it is expected , that you hand edit the hal and ini files further
using a text editor like gedit ,

most errors will show as the file and the line of the error in dmesg , or you can look at the log file in /var/log/linuxcnc.log
in most cases reading these files can help .

pncconf can be used to add sections u need by making a dummy config , and then merging the new parts into the working configuration .

looks like you have solved most of your previous problems ,

More
22 Oct 2015 19:59 #64137 by bkt
At this point I think too the problem is related to language package/phyton file of pncconfig (I not see trought pncconfig file ... I think that someone more expert can give me some response) .... but it's a very strange problem.

Anyhow the most problem is solved (serial error) and I can run my configmachine .... but a realtime error pops up every now and then .... something that did not happen with the old 2.6.3 ...... I study somethings about these trought grand-phader google ... or maybe I'll open a new post ...

MESA CARD WORKS!

Regards
Giorgio

More
22 Oct 2015 20:07 #64138 by cncbasher
realtime errors are not linuxcnc related , they are in most related to the version and kernel of the version of operating system & kernel you are using and are specific to the motherboard
this has nothing to do with linuxcnc , unfortunately what did work with an older release , can and will change as so do the requirements of motherboards .

the only real answer is to change to a more up to date motherboard and newer version of operating systems , this is progress , nothing you can do about it
sometimes we do not like this , but we can only change and keep moving forward .

More
22 Oct 2015 20:54 #64139 by bkt
it was not my intention to blame .... I just try LinuxCNC possible solutions .

The motherboard is the 2012 ... if debian 7.x I got decent latency test I would continue with that. Unfortunely latency test isn't so good .... Than I try to obtain a good result with ubuntu 10.04 .....

I think this is reasonable.

If this is impossible ... ok I change motherboard.

Regards
Giorgio

More
22 Oct 2015 21:19 #64140 by cncbasher
do not worry , we are here to help .

just sometimes being remote we need to ask questions , as we are not sitting next to you .
i will take a look at pncconf or Chris may , and we will check the translations , it may be that the file is not fully translated , so we may come back and ask

the difference is now Linuxcnc runs on debian and not as it used to on ubuntu , due to a number of issues . and changes for the better .

when using a mesa interface , the latency figures can mislead and due to the steps being generated on the interface and not a parallel port
and for a number of other reasons , it is not a definitive guide , use what works and does not give errors .

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.311 seconds