Advanced Search

Search Results (Searched for: )

  • unknown
  • unknown
30 Oct 2025 08:53

LinuxCNC-RIO - RealtimeIO for LinuxCNC based on FPGA (ICE40 / ECP5)

Category: Computers and Hardware

I haven't had a chance to really give it a good go lately, other things have got in the way.
But I've found your project to be solid and though it doesn't really relate to your project, but when I came across it I was in a bit of a dark place and it gave me the will and drive to get active again.
  • Hakan
  • Hakan
30 Oct 2025 08:29

New ethercat / probe basic control for minimonster

Category: CNC Machines

Here are the general signals that was generated for me by pncconf some years ago.
net spindle-vel-cmd-rps        <=  spindle.0.speed-out-rps
net spindle-vel-cmd-rps-abs    <=  spindle.0.speed-out-rps-abs
net spindle-vel-cmd-rpm        <=  spindle.0.speed-out
net spindle-vel-cmd-rpm-abs    <=  spindle.0.speed-out-abs
net spindle-enable             <=  spindle.0.on
net spindle-cw                 <=  spindle.0.forward
net spindle-ccw                <=  spindle.0.reverse
net spindle-brake              <=  spindle.0.brake
net spindle-revs               =>  spindle.0.revs
 net spindle-at-speed           =>  spindle.0.at-speed
setp spindle.0.at-speed 1
net spindle-vel-fb-rps         =>  spindle.0.speed-in
net spindle-index-enable      <=>  spindle.0.index-enable
net spindle-revs              <=   hm2_7i76e.0.encoder.04.position
net spindle-vel-fb-rps        <=   hm2_7i76e.0.encoder.04.velocity
net spindle-index-enable      <=>  hm2_7i76e.0.encoder.04.index-enable
net spindle-manual-cw     halui.spindle.0.forward
net spindle-manual-ccw    halui.spindle.0.reverse
net spindle-manual-stop   halui.spindle.0.stop
You would need at least the enable and one of the vel-cmds.
Maybe forward/reverse and so on.
They all connect to the spindle pins (created by the motmod component).
Speed feedback is optional but nice to have, at-speed if your spindle can do that.
 
  • unknown
  • unknown
30 Oct 2025 08:12
Replied by unknown on topic MESA 7I92 programming

MESA 7I92 programming

Category: Driver Boards

I'm civil/builder/construction labourer, using the page I linked to I was able to create Mesa bitfiles (then some custom ones for a clone board I made).

What it comes down to is being able to follow instructions.
  • meister
  • meister
30 Oct 2025 07:32

LinuxCNC-RIO - RealtimeIO for LinuxCNC based on FPGA (ICE40 / ECP5)

Category: Computers and Hardware

A small request to everyone who uses Rio.

I hate telemetry in software, I don't want it in other software and I don't build it into mine either!

The downside, however, is that I never know if the stuff is any use at all.

I'm always happy when someone writes here that they've built a custom board, or when I happen to see pictures or videos online of boards I don't know yet.

An open source programmer usually only sees the problems and errors that users have, but very rarely reports of success.

So I would be very happy if you could give me a little feedback.

And even those who don't use it can say what they think is missing or what is stopping them from trying it out.

Best regards, Olli
  • meister
  • meister
30 Oct 2025 07:04

LinuxCNC-RIO - RealtimeIO for LinuxCNC based on FPGA (ICE40 / ECP5)

Category: Computers and Hardware

@Dave3891, but you can send me the files (pinouts + board-image),
than i can create one for you
  • meister
  • meister
30 Oct 2025 07:03

LinuxCNC-RIO - RealtimeIO for LinuxCNC based on FPGA (ICE40 / ECP5)

Category: Computers and Hardware

Thanks !

not really, in 'riocore/files/pin*.py' are some helper scripts for me (dev-branch),
but yes, most i do by hand.

@all
---- WARNING --- parts of the dev-branch is not usable at this time,
i do some bigger changes for the joint/axis configuration
  • TJ
  • TJ's Avatar
30 Oct 2025 07:03
Replied by TJ on topic MESA 7I92 programming

MESA 7I92 programming

Category: Driver Boards

20 years ago I tried Linux CNC once, but I gave up due to language barriers and the European purchase restrictions of the cards.
I have built quite a few CNC machines in the past 40 years in systems running under Win.
Today's language translation programs can be an incredible help.
Clone cards are now available at a reasonable price, so I thought I would try the Linux world again.
The helpfulness that the Linux forum provides is amazing.
A special shout out to PCW for his help and expertise that he shares.
I am an electrical engineer and I can create an electrical circuit diagram in minutes. My limitations when it comes to PC programming are huge. I have been trying Linux for 2 weeks. I still have a lot of questions. Today I will upload the unique configuration I received from PCW to the 7I92 card.
  • Yaroslav
  • Yaroslav
30 Oct 2025 04:46 - 30 Oct 2025 04:57
Coil Set and Reset. was created by Yaroslav

Coil Set and Reset.

Category: ClassicLadder

  Hello everyone. Can anyone tell me why the set coil works like a regular relay, and does not remain on when the input signal disappears?
I tried sending %B0 to the internal relay. The result is the same.
  • hanz24
  • hanz24
30 Oct 2025 04:10
  • onceloved
  • onceloved's Avatar
30 Oct 2025 04:02
  • tommylight
  • tommylight's Avatar
30 Oct 2025 02:52
Replied by tommylight on topic 6i25 bitfile

6i25 bitfile

Category: Driver Boards

Moved to "driver boards".
  • ihavenofish
  • ihavenofish
30 Oct 2025 02:31
Replied by ihavenofish on topic New ethercat / probe basic control for minimonster

New ethercat / probe basic control for minimonster

Category: CNC Machines

Should add that the frequency seems to be a percent x 100. so setting it to 100 gives me 13.33 hz which is 1% of full speed.

Gonna need to work that into my math. :)
  • john.obrien
  • john.obrien
30 Oct 2025 01:58
6i25 bitfile was created by john.obrien

6i25 bitfile

Category: Driver Boards

Greetings,

I have a 6i25. The manual for the 6i25 states "These is a small speed advantage and some additional 6I25 features available if the card is runs as a native 6I25. To do this, a 6I25 bitfile must be loaded in the 6I25's EEPROM, and the local PCI clock set to 66MHz."

I have toggled the jumpers to set the PCI clock to 66MHz as per the manual. I cannot find the 6i25 bitfiles in the www.mesanet.com/software/parallel/5i25.zip archive.

I have reached out to mesa requesting support, but they have not replied as of now.

Has anyone successfully loaded a 6i25 bitfile into the 6i25's EEPROM? If so, where did you get the 6i25 bit file?

Regards,

John 
  • ihavenofish
  • ihavenofish
30 Oct 2025 01:47 - 30 Oct 2025 01:48
Replied by ihavenofish on topic New ethercat / probe basic control for minimonster

New ethercat / probe basic control for minimonster

Category: CNC Machines

aha!
looked at that add in card and realised something. it is an int with multiple settings (start, reverse stop, etc). but when the pin initialises it writes a 0, which is not allowed.

so i ignore that and in halshow make it 1 and it turns on. and 6 turns it off.
So now that all makes sense!

The next thing i see is frequency is not 2001, its 1000 (4096 in decimal).

So a quick test of that and we get... motion!

(except its going reverse which is a setting i can change)

woooohooooo

so now, we need a hal and then a spindle section in the ini? because i am using ethercat from scratch here, i have literally no other functions in my main HAL or INI.

What should i be expecting to add there?

Thanks!
  • hanz24
  • hanz24
30 Oct 2025 01:44

Long initialization of Ethercat on servo drive SV660N

Category: EtherCAT

We can contact on wechat/line if its okay for you
Displaying 11836 - 11850 out of 12860 results.
Time to create page: 3.614 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum