Advanced Search

Search Results (Searched for: )

  • JT
  • JT's Avatar
29 Sep 2025 11:27
Replied by JT on topic Flex Gui Jog after toolchange

Flex Gui Jog after toolchange

Category: Flex GUI

This has been fixed, thanks for the report.

JT
  • JT
  • JT's Avatar
29 Sep 2025 09:41
Replied by JT on topic Flex Gui Jog after toolchange

Flex Gui Jog after toolchange

Category: Flex GUI

I can duplicate that error so should be fixed shortly.

JT
  • nikopoli@live.it
  • nikopoli@live.it
29 Sep 2025 06:43
Replied by nikopoli@live.it on topic Repair servodrive yaskawa CACR

Repair servodrive yaskawa CACR

Category: Off Topic and Test Posts

I understand your observations. Honestly, I don't have any way of knowing if the working drive has been repaired before, but it's a definite possibility, especially considering it could be up to 30 years old!
​Regarding the corrosion near connector CN7, it's hard to say for certain if it's due to a cold solder joint or other factors. Furthermore, the pasty substance on the transistors above could indeed be solder flux (residue from the assembly process or a previous repair), or it could be liquid leakage from the nearby electrolytic capacitors, which would indicate another potential issue. Both hypotheses are plausible on electronic boards of that age.
  • MacKaye
  • MacKaye
29 Sep 2025 05:38 - 29 Sep 2025 07:43
Replied by MacKaye on topic Weiler DZ26 Millturn Conversion

Weiler DZ26 Millturn Conversion

Category: Turning

Finding all necessary inputs for systemstate estop in those linux systemfiles on github is above my paygrade. What could trigger estop internally?
iocontrol.user-enable-out has to be TRUE aswell for estop reset to work? 
  • CarbonNater
  • CarbonNater
29 Sep 2025 03:33
Replied by CarbonNater on topic ECMO VMC100 Retrofit with Carousel/Toolchanger

ECMO VMC100 Retrofit with Carousel/Toolchanger

Category: Milling Machines

I’ll have to peak in and look at how many sensors it has, everything I’ve seen it looks nearly identical. I’m in the states, in Texas.
  • ffffrf
  • ffffrf
29 Sep 2025 03:16 - 29 Sep 2025 03:36

Extremely confused - Nonworking limit switches

Category: General LinuxCNC Questions

This is my second linuxcnc machine I am in the process of building (First one was a C axis lathe). This is a very simple 3 axis mill and I am running into some sort of issue with the limit switches that I cannot for the life of my figure out.

Here are the facts

1. Wiring is all the same as my first machine, using a mesa 7i96s (same as prev machine as well)
2. I set my input 0 as my X min limit (although have tried home/min, max, home/max) have also tried inverted and non-inverted
3. When I get to my X motor test/tune page, I go to my halmeter and I PROBE GPIO-000 AND input-00 BOTH of them correctly change states when I press the limit switch, indicating it seems to be working correctly.
4. HOWEVER, when I open the actual machine program (am using gmocappy) the limit switch no longer works / does not change state - neither gpio-000 nor input-00 change state. If it is inverted in pncconf it will show the switch as always active and thus I cant turn on the machine, and if it is non-inverted, the limit switch simply does nothing.

I am utterly confused, it is the same code as the other machine, I must be doing something stupid but I am not seeing what that is. I will upload my hal/ini, can someone please help? Like I said I have tried setting it as all sorts of limits and homing and whatnot, and have tried inverted / non-inverted.

I am so so confused....


edit: just as an FYI - the actual axis motors move correctly, so I don't think its something like the mesa is not being communicated with in the real instance of the software
edit2: could it have something to do with the fact that i am using the same computer for both machines? (I unplug one mesa board and plug in the other when i want to run the 2nd machine)
 
  • ArcAiN6
  • ArcAiN6's Avatar
29 Sep 2025 01:20

Looking for a specific, detailed howto guide for XYYZ gantry setup

Category: Advanced Configuration

i left the pin asignments as they were, just changed the dropdown to change it from normal Y axes, and Tandem.

i.e.
Pin 4 and 5 set as Y-Step and Y-DIR
Pin 8 and 9 set as Tandem Y-Step and Tandem Y-DIR
This causes the left motor to move when testing, right motor does nothing

Pin 4 and 5 set as Tandem Y-Step and Tandem Y-DIR
Pin 8 and 9 set as Y-Step and Y-DIR
This causes right motor to move, left motor does nothing

I didn't swap any of the physical signals, just that one setting in the stepper config wizard.

If i set the machine to XYZA, and set both motors are normal, making pins 8/9 the A axis. i can jog both motors individually in the wizard's test feature.
Displaying 13306 - 13312 out of 13312 results.
Time to create page: 1.769 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum